It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream character

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi folks. Dream threads in this forum aren't too scarce, so I'm adding another.

It's really just a question. Something I dreamt which has never happened before. My dream is bizarre but for you it could be quite a common scenario, but thats what I'm here to find out.

From one night to the next there is no consistency in my dreams. I'll not (noticeably) dream of the same people over and over, nor the same places or situations.

But two nights ago I had a dream and this cutsie tiny little blue hummingbird was trying to cuddle me, and I was happy to remember it the following day. That night it was back and trying to cuddle me in the same way. It was the same blue colour. But of course being a bird I couldn't do much more than nuzzle it in a friendly manner! It was practically exactly the same situation, but it wasn't til I awoke that I realised it had happened again, and I had dreamt exactly the same thing twice with a day and a party in-between. Let alone the fact a bird had come close to me, I have never dreamt of that kind of connection with birds, let alone any animal really in a dream (apart from my old cat here and there).
So my question is, and it's probably quite common - but how often do you folk dream of the same character twice, and has it happened to you in a short amount of time? Cos it's never happened to me.

Might it mean anything?

Well, I'm just curious - any comments are appreciated

[edit on 14-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hello!
well, i guess a couple of ways to think about your dream would be to consider what the colour blue and birds in general mean to you...
for me personally a hummingbird seems to have a very positive connotation,
perhaps it represents the seemingly trivial or insignificant happenings in your life that have more meaning then you suppose, trying to get your attention?
it could represent a close relationship with niggling ways that needs a closer look?
but it would definitely be a personal interpretation... Im probly not much help with dream stuff lol
I myself had a recurring dream three nights in a row... years ago now, and I still havent figured out what it meant. you would think something you remember immediately after and for years to come would probably mean something right? =)

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
there was another thread a while ago where the poster had a dream about blue being the color of the number 7

i think this is significant. it will not surprise me if people everywhere suddenly start noticing the color blue in their dreams.

religion and color are melting into this color because this is the stage we're in

it is the color of the seventh angel, seventh messenger, seventh level of consciousness, seventh principality, seventh ruler in high places

unfortunately i don't see your blue hummingbird as a good omen. they are beautiful creatures but they are just an illusion like the beautiful world they live in.

the blue bird was another form of the blue number 7, the blue star, the blue kachina, sirius, blue tooth, project blue beam.

eagles wings represent the help of God whereas the wings of a fowl represent the help of the devil.

beautiful blue hummingbird, devil in disguise, trying to get close to you
what are you doing in your conscious hours that could leave you vulnerable so that your subconscious is trying to warn you?

are you sure you want everyones opinion? i'm one of the crazy ones.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I generally don't dream of the same characters or people consistantly, HOWEVER, I do have a dream set...like a film set...but, many times when I dream the dreams happen in this dream village. It may be different dreams, but I see the same houses and buildings, and the rads are all tied together... kinda like filmimg different movies, but using the same movie set. Weird...sometimes, the same characters will be seen in the same house as I'm passing even though they have no relation to the dream

for instance, on a side street in this village is a big ol' two story victorian southern manor.... white columns and all. The people that live there are always naked and have no faces..just blank egg-like heads... and they are always peeping out of the windows as I pass... I went in once...there is no furniture either, just long white see-through whispering blinds that dance in a slight breeze...eerie.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I always have this dream of this cute short brown haired girl that likes to listen to my Neil Young "cover" songs on the guitar and then I wake up!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow AlreadyGone that is a weird dream setup!
are you able to wonder at will through this familiar dreamscape?
and are you concious it's a dream when you are in there? thats cool!
ps Ruffready im a short brown haired girl, but Neil Young acoustic sends me runnin' for the hills! =P

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Ummm...That story was the Readers Digest condensed version!! I played stuff you like also!!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
haha! good ol' R.D,
always the fallback edition yeh? I constantly refer to general interest magazines for musical inspiration... so I guess you had it 'covered' LOL
but seriously folks...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hey! lets discuss this in the dream land place and see what happens. If you see a good looking brown/blond haired guy sitting with his border collie
playing his guitar drinking a scotch (with a tuna sanwhich) ...come on over.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

also, markymint... I think it's important to focus on the feelings you felt while this hummingbird was with you...
sometimes its not all symbology, signs and sigils... sometimes your subconsious is playing out the emotional/mental and spiritual stuff and our minds have unintelligible methods to depict it, but like you said- you seemed to enjoy it and you were happy to recall it again the next time =)
im an indigenous australian and although its not quite my thing my parents told me my animal totem was a willy wagtail... that may or may not mean anything, but its such a cheery little bird with such a cheeky attitude I like to identify with that more then anything although in some dreamtime stories it is a harbinger of the death journey...
thought provoking thread! I like it!
and I'll see you in the twilight zone Ruffready... I'll bring ice and mayonaise =P

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

That was me. My dream was that I had some reason and desire to get a new tattoo. The tattoo was lined but open (not filled with color) number 7, a line, and something below it. Which I think was a J but I am not sure. When I woke up the details I remembered were the location, the girl who told me the importance of the color of 7 (but not why).

Usually when someone in my dream says something esoteric, I put it into either one of two categories. The person was me, my subconscious, and would be thought so determined by my analyzing of the metaphors, or the person was not me, and would be figured so by an soon event that when analyzed would point to this not being just my own subconscious.

I had someone with color/number, color/letter synesthesia (spelling) tell me the letter J is blue, a light blue when they see it. And he worked... at the location in the dream with the girl and the tattoo.

I'm not sure about the significance of the color blue and the number 7, but I'll look into it some more and see what I come up with.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for all the answers, it's helped me understand what it "may mean" a little better. And I should really apologise for being dumb enough to not realise there was a forum for 'dreams'.

perhaps it represents the seemingly trivial or insignificant happenings in your life that have more meaning then you suppose, trying to get your attention?
it could represent a close relationship with niggling ways that needs a closer look?

Yes. It very much could. I did something significant that day, and the day after (when I had the second dream) I was still beaming about it. In fact those are the happier days I've had in a good couple of weeks. And in terms of what I did that I consider significant - something I haven't been able to do for a while, and have been very confused.

Basically I've been friends with a girl who has my heart and we were very close for a year, more recently we haven't seen each other much and I became anxious cos she started hanging out with someone that annoys me. So I decided to put my foot down and just turn up at her door for once and find out how she was. My heart begs for her every day even though I know I can only be friends with her.

So I'm sure your interpretation is very accurate! I had a feeling when I was writing it that it was probably to do with that action, my feelings and just the timing of things. I'm a big believer in certain meanings in dreams - well, poigniant ones anyway. Not much gets my attention in that place but the blue bird definitely did! And then I read a thread about communicating with ET and I wondered if maybe it was initial contact....but then I got freaked out as always

As for 7 and the devil, ha. Well now. 7 has a massive relation to me, if you hover over the link in my sig you'll see why. And a project I'm working on at the moment is all about "7 places" and stuff. So that COULD be relevant but I don't really follow your points why. I think it was a positive sign. It could well be indicating an "illusion" - because that's how that love for that girl is in reality, and is how I should see it. I think I'm seeing a certain love there but I'm really not. An illusion

Plenty for me to consider, thanks again for all the interesting input and your experiences. A recurring location sounds great - not something I've had experience of & maybe because I have no control over my dreams. But it must be funky knowing there is somewhere you can go and feel safe in dreamworld
Well, even with egg head people about...

[edit on 15-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I'm glad my input had some value to you =)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the other night i had a dream about genetically modified BLUE colored fruit growing in green houses of some sort. they looked like gourds but it was the color that was really strange. the people who grew them were upset because although they thrived on the trees they were useless once plucked. they rotted immediately in your hands and couldn't be eaten. it was a huge waste of fruit.

i very recently just learned about the united nations actually having its own color and it is blue. Azure blue to be exact. I believe the 7th angel is the voice, the message of the united nations.

also supposedly the leader of the new world has a private blue colored plane and his title or name is on the tail fin of it. i've looked for pictures online but couldn't find anything. has anyone else ever heard of this?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Gosh, that sounds pretty intriguing...
what do you think it means, any ideas?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if the dreams we have are actually exhisting on another level. But then I think about how when we have dreams that are played out with colors, sounds and shapes that are familiar to us. Perhaps this is just a regression in our mind into an astral state but within ourselves. Whether or not that part playing out in our dream is of any relevence outside of the 'scenario' in our mind is yet to be explored.

Meditation on the other hand allows for individuals to transcend the boundaries of ones mind and truly explore the astral planes.

...I sound like a damn hippie.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
But two nights ago I had a dream and this cutsie tiny little blue hummingbird was trying to cuddle me, and I was happy to remember it the following day. That night it was back and trying to cuddle me in the same way.
[edit on 14-3-2010 by markymint]

I'd say that dream's recurring nature is due to the strong emotions it evoked in you. Of all the things you could possibly dream about, the ones with strong emotional associations have a greater probability of manifesting. Especially since that feeling seemed to linger for you the following day after those dreams, it really increases the likely hood of you dreaming about it again.

Also, dreams are a direct reflection of what you have your attention focused on, and that kind of cutesy scenario is an attention trap if I ever saw one.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by The Cusp]

top topics

join