It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Vampires?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Psychic Vampires are said to be people who, even sometimes unknowingly, drain other people's energy just by being around them.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Do you think they exist?

If so, do you think they could be dangerous?

Edit: I was unaware of how to post in a specific category if an admin could please move this to the paranormal section.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY]

[edit on 14-3-2010 by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

Do you thunk they exist?

Yes. I met one once.

This was a few years after high school. I was leaving a Denny's when someone called my name in a friendly "hey" sort of way. I looked at him...didn't recognzie him at all, but figured he probably knew me from school, so I went over and said hello. He had a large, silent, harmless-dumb looking friend with him. I ended up sitting down and we started to talk.

We chatted about nothing in particular, but in short order he came to be the one doing all of the talking. I found myself becoming sleepy. Very sleepy. I remember struggling to keep my head upright and my eyes open...and for a while thinking it was because he was so completely boring, and that I was just listening, trying to be polite. This was followed by sort of a timeless period of half consciousness until eventually he stopped talking for a moment and asked me if I was ok.

In an instant I popped back awake and looked at him. I don't remember exactly what I said at that point, but his response was to frown at himself and say something along the lines of "yeah, this kind of thing happens a lot. Part of why I think I might be an energy vampire."

There followed some discussion about him, and his friend...who at that point I identified as a metaphorical "wolf that follows the vampire" and before long we parted ways.

Never saw him again.

do you think they could be dangerous?

Anyone can be dangerous. Maybe there are vampires in the world, but so too far there completely normal humans who take pleasure in killing. Who is more dangerous, the energy vampire looking for lunch, or the psychopath with an axe and a dayjob?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yup, i know exactly what they are. My ex-wife was one. Today, i understand how it all works, but it took me 25 years to understand it.

The answer i'll give here is kind of occult in nature, so you can't believe a word of it. You need to experience it on your own to understand what i'm about to explain.

Some people, knowingly or not, are more easily manipulated by entities of the astral world. These entities feed on the energies we lose while the thinking process is active, for most humans reflect on their thoughts, in other words, they look at their thoughts with a subjective attitude. The subjective approach brings an emotion that is not integrated and therefore entities of the astral world benefit from this process.

If a person is an easier prey for entities, they will use this person to suck up as much energy as possible from other people around like family members or friends, or even perfect strangers.

But you may ask why on earth would entities of the astral world (land of the dead) would want to do such a thing? The answers are the following:

1- After death, the thinking process is suspended, so in order to balance their energies (since all they are is memory), they connect to the minds of the living.

2- This process of manipulation (albeit unconsciously on the part of the entities) is the way for the cosmic counterpart (higher mental plane) to test ego's in their emotional response to thoughts they receive

3- The higher spiritual entities of the astral world can keep the domination over mankind and maintains the infernal cycle of incarnation and death.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes, they exist, you know it, and i know it. why ask the question? Send them love, they will go away. I personally know a few of these, but they don't even know it yet, and I am not telling them.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes, I believe there are people whose energy can affect you either positive or negatively. When we feel drained we think they are a psychic vampire robbing us of our energy.

Just remember no one can take from you what you do not allow to have.

Normally you can tell with in seconds of contact if the person is negative. I avoid those people.

I also agree some people do not realize they are energy sucks.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
yes, they do exist. they can be harmful if they want to be. when i am low on "chi", i have certain friends who have extra energy that i can leech off of - when they start becoming lethargic, i stop - and they know i am doing it. but sometimes it does happen by accident.

my ex-wife was a vamp and didn't know how to control it, not fun.

and vice-versa, when someone needs energy i am more than willing to give up any extra i have.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Do you thunk they exist?

If so, do you think they could be dangerous?

1) I'm sure your familiar with energies such as positive, and negative. Positive being more aligned with good acts, you than infer that being happy and leading a good life gives off positive energies. Then you have negative energies which are more aligned with acts of wrong doing, these can be substance abusers, instigators, antagonist, etc. These negative energies then feed of off the positive energies, hence this is the reason misery loves company. OK well here is where I get hypothetical, maybe just maybe way back when we split off our nearest ancestors (or sooner, big time frame) some maybe a group enjoyed being negative and got such satisfaction from it that they evolved and evolved honing their skills till what you 'hear about today'. Possible reasons for the evolution, could be attributed at the start to released of chemicals in the brain to active things as endorphins or adrenaline to make a better hunter and yield more food and as the evolution continued maybe this phenomena of thriving on the positive energies became true and now the current result of these suggest beings in question lead me to ponder if they get sustenance from the positive energies that they can absorb from their victims.

2) Could be possible.

3) I think they could be, especially to the sick and dying who need every bit of positive energy to keep going or get better.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts lol, I know I do.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've heard there are ways to keep a psychic vampire from draining you.

You sit down on a chair, and put one leg over another. You take both hands, and connect your fingers, like thumb to thumb, fore finger to fore finger and ect. It is suppose to keep your energy so that the vampire cant get to it. Some psychic vampires know that they are, so when you do that they will know that you do not want them feeding off of you.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Send them love, they will go away.

I would advise against that. You do not make leeches go away by giving them blood.

I think there is probably a context in which "love them" is an appropriate response, but that context is unlikely to be available to the sort of person who needs advice on how to deal with something like an energy vampire.

My advice would be to avoid them.

Failing that, you might consider confronting them. Communicate to them that you will not be fed upon. Mean it. And follow up on it by doing everything you can to not be prey.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sorry, guys, but I am one of them. Maybe I can't help it. I think it's more like I just live off of it. I am doing it all the time without even thinking of it, it's just how it is. I live off of everyone else's energy, all the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Sorry, guys, but I am one of them.

I see. And what would you suggest are the best ways to avoid being fed upon?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

to block it, shielding - white or blue should work...

sometimes they don't realize they are vamping, but u will know when someone is doing it on purpose.....

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have a feeling I may be one.

It seems like every time I'm around a large group of people I have a very high energy level but if I spend long periods of time alone I always feel very weak, almost to the point that it's hard to even stay awake.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

to block it, shielding - white or blue should work...

White or blue what? Flowers? Lights? Thoughts? Construction paper?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Wow..creepy.. moments before going to your profile, i was preparing to mention Psych Vamps on another thread, open your profile and thats the first thing i read!

Since childhood it seems i have been one.. unknowingly for years..where i would spend an afternoon talking to a friend or someone and often would be in a very bad state when the person left, or i left their presense..shakes, headaches, sick feeling etc, and would have to somehow ground myself or even just sleep it off awhile afterwards. Until i was in my mid to late teens and started in 'the Arts' or whatever one wishes to call them.. and learned how to control it.. i was draining too much energy from people or draining negative energies from people.. which would make me very ill..

Learning to control it helped incredibly and learning how properly 'use; certain energies.. but yeah, i do believe in Psychic Vampires and over the years since, have delt with a number of them to be very aware of their existence!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
I've heard there are ways to keep a psychic vampire from draining you.

You sit down on a chair, and put one leg over another. You take both hands, and connect your fingers, like thumb to thumb, fore finger to fore finger and ect. It is suppose to keep your energy so that the vampire cant get to it. Some psychic vampires know that they are, so when you do that they will know that you do not want them feeding off of you.

Hmmm.. an ex/good friend of mine often sits like this with his fingers in the same position mentioned..only would very quickly pull them apart and put together again ..over and over.. i always took it as a nervous thing.. interesting

new topics

top topics

join