It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gibbs: By next Sunday, healthcare reform will be 'law of the land'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And so here it is.

Gibbs : Health Care to be law of the land by next sunday

The White House is beginning its final push on health care this week, with senior adviser David Axelrod and press secretary Robert Gibbs making the rounds of the Sunday talk shows to express confidence that the bill will pass.

"We'll have the votes when the House votes, I think, within the next week," Gibbs said on "Fox News Sunday." "Whoever sits here at this time next week, I think will not be talking about health care as a proposal, but as the law of the land."

Yeah let's all forget that this bill is totally disgusting and that the american people deserves WAY BETTER than that... Sick.

Settling for mediocrity is what this administration and congress is gonna be branded as, that and being corrupt scum just like the Bush administration.

At least a few states are voting laws making illegal mandatory health care in their state.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the update. Everybody better get on their phones this week.
Can't help noticing your signature. McVeigh was no freedom fighter. He was a CIA agent and helped the govt plant bombs under a day care center. Just hope they actually killed him and didn't sneak him out to give him some cushy assignment somewhere else. He was so cocky you would think that's what he expected. Sorry to get off topic.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

To back your statement here-

At least a few states are voting laws making illegal mandatory health care in their state.

I give you proof to back your statement.

Virginia says HELL NO to federal health care

A snippet-

13No law shall restrict a person's natural right and power of contract to secure the blessings of liberty 14 to choose private health care systems or private plans. No law shall interfere with the right of a person 15 or entity to pay for lawful medical services to preserve life or health, nor shall any law impose a

S&F OP for the thread and attitude.

The revolution they so dearly want is just on the horizon me thinks.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So, what do the Feds do when states refuse to follow "the law of the land?"

The first thing you'll see is a cut-off from federal funds for unemployment, highways, education, et c. The next will be lawsuits in Federal Court over individual provisions of the bill, suspension of certain parts until the dispute is resolved, and a piece-meal enforcement against individuals and providers/carriers unwilling to comply voluntarily.

I, for one, will NEVER comply with any federal mandate over MY purchasing choices. I'll barter before I buy some half-assed "insurance" policy with terms I don't want and that only benefit others who don't give a damn who pays for them, so long as it's not them.

jw

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Not even taking into consideration how horrendous and anti-Constitutional the healthcare reform movement in Washington is, what I'm wondering is how is Congress going to pass this without enough votes? I have a feeling a major distraction is in the works for this week to pull attention away from activities in Washington so Pelosi/Reid can illegally pass this atrocity through Congress, and put in on Obama's desk.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is what I believe is going to happen:
1) They are going to attempt it this week. If by say Wed it does not look like it is going to pass, it will by pass the normal means of passing and go right to Reconciliation, leaving out the Republican party members who oppose, only to include those that is willing to play ball. After a day in Reconciliation it would then be delivered to the Presidents desk for signature and made into law.
2) Once the president signs it, and it is announced that the health care reform bill is law, there will be challenges to it, starting in federal court going on up to the Supreme Court of the United States. Now as the dockets of the Supreme court are already filled it will take at least a year to 2 years to get heard, so it would not be until 2011 that it gets taken on.
3) If it does pass that way, then watch the 2010 elections. If the Republicans get into office, usurping the incumbents that are sitting in office right now and that are up for re-election, then the president is in real trouble, because it will not only state that the People do not want this, but also they have a chance to repeal it, leaving the President unable to function. If the incumbents do get re-elected then it will end the debate as to if the people wanted this.
4) I also believe that if it does go to the supreme court, they will rule against it, as payback for the president calling them out during his state of the Union.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interposition. Nullification. Localism. Non-violent non-cooperation.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You gotta appreciate the genius in it. They couldn't get the full thing through so they give us a half a**ed version that is going to make our current sh***y healthcare worse. After we bake on it awhile and realize just how much worse it is then they will give nationalization another go. Meanwhile the state governments sit back and continue to let us die poor with no mention of them letting us buy out of state (for competition). There are also lawyers running amuck suing on "our" behalf and raising premiums some more. The problem I believe is fixed easier if just "ONE" doctor came into some community and started working like they did way back when. No insurance or lawyers just let him work and pay him on the spot.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The reason that Gibbs specified 'this week' was because the Easter break comes up this weekend, and Obama/Pelosi want it done before the House/Senate go on vacation.

"We'll have the votes when the House votes, I think, within the next week," Gibbs said on "Fox News Sunday."

What an obvious statement.:shk: He should have said "We'll vote when we have the votes". If they had the votes, this would already be law.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Here is what I believe is going to happen:
1) They are going to attempt it this week. If by say Wed it does not look like it is going to pass, it will by pass the normal means of passing and go right to Reconciliation, leaving out the Republican party members who oppose, only to include those that is willing to play ball. After a day in Reconciliation it would then be delivered to the Presidents desk for signature and made into law.

What??? Do you know what reconciliation is? It's a budgetary measure that enables a bill to be passed with 51 instead of 60 Senate votes. Bills do not "go right to reconciliation".
. Once again reconciliation is meant for budgetary issues. The Dems are trying to use it for Obamacare.

Pelosi needs 216 votes from the House. She doesn't have them. That is the main issue.

top topics

join