It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird "electrocution" feeling during meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I just had a quick meditating question. Sometimes in a great while I can astrally project during the dreaming state with my dream body, and recently I have tried to trigger this through meditation. I tried the "sit-up" method in which I think and feel my soul sitting up out of my body.

When i did this in a deep trance, my head began to sway from side to side very fast and violently. My whole body shook and spazzed like no other. I have had the sakes due to energy blockages, but this was much faster and harder shaking that I have never felt before. My heart rate went from very slow to rapid fast as if I had just finished a 200-meter sprint. In the trance state, it felt as though it were pumping out of my body. If you could have seen me, I probably looked like I was being electrocuted! I then slowed back down to normal meditation and my heart rate immediately went back to the way it was. I have repeated the sit-up method since that time, but if I begin to feel those symptoms occur again I stop and go back to normal meditation.

I have searched these symptoms online and come up with zilch. Can anyone on here who understands this concept elaborate on what it means?

Thanks.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, it's totally normal!

It's just increased energy flow, some call it chi, some call it kundalini, but it's all the same....

Keep going, you are a natural!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well im surely jealous as I haven't made it quite that far. Though in a couple attempts trying to astrally project, I experienced a mild panic attack, and my heart rate went crazy. It felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. So I immediately quit my attempt.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

Just focus the electrical energy back into your lower tan tien or energy center -- it's just below and behind your navel -- that's where you can safely store the electromagnetic energy accumulated. Also to overcome any conceptual blockages you may have (i.e. imagination over-reacting) just sit in full lotus as that will automatically cycle and ground your energy and you can't fake the full lotus.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've had this many times before, and i dont meditate,lol. I have had alot of lucid dreams and a few astrol adventures though in my time.

I never knew what it was though, but to me it feels like a quick static shock all through my body, always been curious to what it might be. I did hear somewere that it was when your body releases too much '___'(the chemical from the pineal gland that causes you to dream) But other than that i have no idea in how to give you an answer.

I know it may seem like a pointless reply, but just letting you know that it may not be connected to meditations

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Well im surely jealous as I haven't made it quite that far. Though in a couple attempts trying to astrally project, I experienced a mild panic attack, and my heart rate went crazy.
It felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.
So I immediately quit my attempt.

Ah Ha....

your ego-self held you back,
or - as some feel, nefarious spirits kept you from attaining your spiritual freedom...

in the series of Castenada books... the shaman trainee, will come to a point where they either 'Leap' off the precipice... or not

(i guess you have to read/consume the series of books to fully Grok)

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

There's a piezoelectric transduction from the pineal gland -- the bone frequency is ultrasound for piezoelectric -- and so the natural resonance of sound harmonics -- the complementary opposites -- when we listen intensely -- will create electromagnetic energy.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
meditative experiances sound so interesting. read so many here on ats. i remember dabbling way bk when a teenager having some profound moments. mostly exploring my self. nothing like atral projection.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
I've had this many times before, and i dont meditate,lol. I have had alot of lucid dreams and a few astrol adventures though in my time.

I never knew what it was though, but to me it feels like a quick static shock all through my body, always been curious to what it might be. I did hear somewere that it was when your body releases too much '___'(the chemical from the pineal gland that causes you to dream) But other than that i have no idea in how to give you an answer.

I know it may seem like a pointless reply, but just letting you know that it may not be connected to meditations

Well, it may be able to happen in other instances, but for me it is connected to my "sit-up" method during meditation. I have pulled myself out during the dream state, but it seems to happen much easier. I will say that I came close to doing it last night while dreaming, but something held me back. I was right on the cusp of pulling myself out of my body but could not do it for some reason. This doesn't help me in meditation though. Hopefully Drew's method during meditation of focusing my energy on the sacral chakra will work. I'll try that the next time I am in a deep trance.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Possibly. But I don't have a dire desire to feel the need to succeed in astral projection any how.

Though I've had one lucid dream a year ago, and I've been hoping for more ever since.

I just haven't put much time out lately to 'work' on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subconsciously Correct

I have searched these symptoms online and come up with zilch. Can anyone on here who understands this concept elaborate on what it means?

Thanks.

just speculation on my part;

you are connecting new nureal pathways to each & every organ of the body...

in a few meditative states i've felt the 'charging' of my individual cells, as if they were actually waking-up...
can't say if there was something physiological going on, but the sensation was that cleansed oxygen was burning out the bodily impurities.

this account is totally different than the ~waves~ of electrical flows going up one's spine during a kundalini ecstacy...

but on the other side of the coin, are you prone to seizures...
one might be having an electrical-storm in their brain & the event is
remembered as a mildly stimulating episode.

delve into it more is all i know to say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and in reply to Scarcer; i know that trying hard, is a roadblock in itself, i guess that's what to 'zen out' means

[edit on 15-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"this account is totally different than the ~waves~ of electrical flows going up one's spine during a kundalini ecstacy..."

Have you felt that electrical flow in your spine?
Feels quite astonishing!

Anyways, i have been close to experience OBE while meditating, but i could not get past a state where one starts to see a white glow behind closed eyes...I could literally "draw energy" from my limbs into my heart area and while doing this i felt like my arms and legs would have just disappeared
. I did not experience any shaking, but rather twitching of arms, legs and my head just before that white light.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Throwing balls of energy is also possible.(for distance healing)

These days, walking around in that state is getting to be a necessity, if a person wants to keep walking around in the physical form.

The closer you get, the more severe the attack becomes.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This sounds like epilepsy. I did have a strange thing happen while meditating. A wave of something hit me and caused me to jerk and it hit my cat too. It seemed as if waves were coming every second but only a few of them caused us to jerk.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gn0sis
"this account is totally different than the ~waves~ of electrical flows going up one's spine during a kundalini ecstacy..."

Have you felt that electrical flow in your spine?
Feels quite astonishing!

Anyways, i have been close to experience OBE while meditating, but i could not get past a state where one starts to see a white glow behind closed eyes...I could literally "draw energy" from my limbs into my heart area and while doing this i felt like my arms and legs would have just disappeared
. I did not experience any shaking, but rather twitching of arms, legs and my head just before that white light.

(i'm not sure about your experience... it's unique to yourself)

but at first i'd had 30+ waves of kundalini 'fire'/ 'electricity' upwell from the base of my spine... during the episode in that post
in fact ~i thought to myself...if this keeps up , i might not be normal again... so i tried to quell the surges of ecstacy out-of-fear i guess.

in that episode, i was not ready/trying for an OBE,
but on other occasions... it was not 'seeing' a white glow ---
instead i had a purple-blue in my head (minds eye) & i was sure that i was in a level with my Crown Chakra, [[Crown Chakra ...The seventh chakra is a tool that helps us communicate with our spiritual nature.\\
healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/chakra7.htm ]]
which 'allowed me' to travel with it (i was not in control in any way what-so-ever)... so i was swept away in an OBE, but prepared by earlier shutting down my 5 senses & becomming disassociated with the carnal & mundane 'world' around myself.

but each of us has a certain frequency/path/knowlegeable route on which we can travel... so it was good & informative to hear of yours

Nemaste'

[edit on 15-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't really get the that electric feeling in my spine, though I can force that type of a feeling if I start by meditating on my third eye and then move that energy sensation around and down my spine.

What I do get though is this rising feeling. It literally feels like I'm rising. I can feel my body planted firmly on the ground and the rest of "me" lifting up out, but nothing every happens. I know it probably has something to due with me "wanting" something to happen, but I'm still curious as to whether anyone has any clues as to "what's" happening when I feel this.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Were you meditating on your third eye or the crown chakra? If so, is possible you are meditating in the wrong direction. This is me and this is what I do for me to meditate on my third eye and the crown chakras. I started from my root chakra and lower and upper Dan Tien. Probably I need to get to the point that these chakra regions begin to pulse, and I could feel them pulsing. You would know if these chakra regions have been activated. Then, I work upward towards my heart chakra. The Throat chakra. Finally, the third eye and the crown. By doing so, I am grounded and my chi energy or kundalini energy can last longer once they reach my third eye and the crown chakras. I used to have fear and anxiety to meditate on my upper chakras. Not anymore. I used to have problems closing my eyes and focusing on my third eye. Throughout the entire meditation practice, I always remember to breathe in and out from my Dan Tien.

I don't like meditating sitting up. For some reason, I can't gain much progress. When I meditating laying down, things happen much quicker. Meditating sitting up, I can spend the entire 1 hour session and not even able to activate my lower Chakras. Meditating laying down, I can easily meditate on all of my 7 chakras. I think it has something to do with how relax my back muscle is comparing sitting and laying down meditations.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I would like to ask a question to all of you who have experienced this feeling, and it is not meant to be judgmental as I am really curious. What do you find beneficial with this kind of meditation, other than pure sensation? In other words, what insights, understandings, or changes have you gained from this style of meditation?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes I have had that experience and it wasn't pleasant, this is why many say not to attempt without the aid of an adept,
edit on 043131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
I would like to ask a question to all of you who have experienced this feeling, and it is not meant to be judgmental as I am really curious. What do you find beneficial with this kind of meditation, other than pure sensation? In other words, what insights, understandings, or changes have you gained from this style of meditation?

Thanks.

My intention is for my health. When you manage to circulate the energy (Chi or Kundalini) throughout your body, you become healthier physically and mentally. Of course, I really want to project my Chi in some way outside of my body. If I can do that, it is another sign of higher level of consciousness. Second, I want to receive wisdom, visions, and dreams from my third eye meditation. Here is another risky subject. Your third eye can show you EVERYTHING, from being a police officer to being a criminal. Your dream message is no longer fixed on one particular theme now. Sometimes, you do get pre-cognition dreams, especially dealing with events not very favorable to you. You never worry about life anymore because you know that your actions and thoughts become spontaneous and ethical. You no longer need to philosophize about yourself, your life, and the world. Everything happens during meditation and the experience that comes with it. All the talks about the no-self, no-ego, Nirvana, and etc do not interest me. I know is that when I meditate, I can open and activate all of my chakras and manage to circulate the Chi energy in me throughout my body, and seeing intense white/bluish light at the same time. To me, this is the true understanding of spirituality and enlightenment. To others, they have to spend their entire life time reading up on Buddhist scriptures and any philosophy relating to it. They can probably give you lectures on various principles in Buddhism. There are others who seek the experience of enlightenment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join