It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Deal With This Riley Martin Dude?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Ok, then. This seems to be like Monty Python's Argument Sketch (No, it isn't, Yes, it is, etc.) or just a basic catch-22. How can anyone prove anything concerning ufo's/aliens? There is no one in the world who has documented proof. Maybe the Vatican or some governments but no single person has documented proof of ET's yet you want RM to prove his claims.

No one else has proved their claims. No one. There is absolutely no definitive, conclusive, irrefutable evidence held by anyone on earth that aliens exist yet you want proof from Riley.

I do agree, his claims are quite extraordinary but so are, basically, everyone else's claims. So, you can believe some peoples stories, because they are not so far fetched, yet his story is total and complete bunk?

All I have seen in this thread, so far, is people calling either me or him(not sure) for proof. Why cannot anyone take his writings, his words on the radio, post them here and debunk them? Why is it a automatic gainsaying of anything RM related?

Some people believe in Escamilla's rods(I think that's the dudes name, forgive me if I got it wrong). Some people don't. Yet at least in those debates, they actually debate the "evidence". There has been no debate about what RM says and how it is bunk, but many here are jumping in and just automatically saying he is a liar. How can ANYONE know?

I cannot believe I am sticking up for RM here, as I believe his claims are outrageous also. Yet I cannot summarily dismiss his claims because there is no proof as there is no one who has proof.

By the reasoning used in this thread, any person who claims to have seen a ufo or had a alien abduction is a liar, plain and simple, because there is no proof from anyone. Yet you will cherry pick the ones you want to believe, based on, what?

Just because someone on the internet says RM is a liar does not make it so. I beg of you all, please put up his claims and debunk them. Put up ANY claim he has made and prove to me how and why he is a wrong. I am not saying this to be a ass, I am saying this seriously.

If there were proof of alien existence, everyone would know and believe. There isn't, hence why we have this forum, to talk about the experiences and stories other people have. That has yet to be done in this thread. Debate the topic, not the person, but no one will do that.

Maybe he's half right, ever consider that? You cannot prove anything so he very well could be. Maybe he has some points that are valid and some that aren't, but we will never know until there is a serious debate about it.

If we cannot have that serious debate, even if it turns out every claim he has made is false, then this forum is useless and should be taken out of here. Everyone here is not worth listening to as no one has proof, so why should I listen to them? Why should I believe anything written here? Why are some people believed, with no proof, yet some who also have no proof, aren't? The outrageousness of the claim dictates the amount of belief they get?

There are people out there, I have heard them on his show, who believe his words. Would you not want to put those people in their place? Show them how wrong they are to believe such claims? That has not happened here. No one has said anything, basically, even me. Maybe I'll just leave this thread as it is going nowhere, fast. Seems like there is no reason to even try and get a proper debate going.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
[edit on 17-3-2010 by internos]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I love to hear Riley, he has a great show

it's really funny when he is drunk haha oh seriously, its a great show guys

better get your symbol or miss the mothership

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

To be honest, Loony, I think you do believe Mr. Riley and want others to agree with you. You don't want to admit it, due to popular opinion in the thread.

In the absence of evidence, if you wish to believe a claim, that is your prerogative. But you cannot demand others also accept it. I some respect, I think that is what you are trying to do. But just as it is your prerogative to accept such claims, it is the prerogative of others to reject it.

Originally posted by TheLoony
No one else has proved their claims. No one. There is absolutely no definitive, conclusive, irrefutable evidence held by anyone on earth that aliens exist yet you want proof from Riley.

I want evidence from everyone. In the absence of evidence, I will always have doubts about a claim. But that does not mean I will have doubts about the witness's sincerity. But their story must have both an internal and external consistency. Their claim must be about the truth, not self promotion and aggrandizement.

How can ANYONE know?

Because we examined his story. Even without evidence, a narrative can give us insights into a claim's veracity

By the reasoning used in this thread, any person who claims to have seen a ufo or had a alien abduction is a liar, plain and simple, because there is no proof from anyone.

Absolutely not. No one has made such a claim or even implied it. We are discussing Mr. Riley and only Mr. Riley.

All I have seen in this thread, so far, is people calling either me or him(not sure) for proof. Why cannot anyone take his writings, his words on the radio, post them here and debunk them...I beg of you all, please put up his claims and debunk them. Put up ANY claim he has made and prove to me how and why he is a wrong.

This is why I think you are looking not for an affirmation of your beliefs. We have mentioned why we think Mr. Riley is either lying or insane. It has not been a summary dismissal. There is the aforementioned lack of evidence. There is the fact he seems to be seeking monetary gain. There is the fact these aliens have latinized names that are a word-play on their physical description. There is his special pleading and attempts to make his claims unfalsifiable. That evidence speaks against his veracity.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Rex, I'm hearing you. This paragraph sys it for me:

I want evidence from everyone. In the absence of evidence, I will always have doubts about a claim. But that does not mean I will have doubts about the witness's sincerity. But their story must have both an internal and external consistency. Their claim must be about the truth, not self promotion and aggrandizement.

I do get it, I was just a bit irritated(and maybe jumped the gun a little as it seemed I was under attack and it's not my story, so why bitch at me?). I just wanted some debated, pick through waht the guy had said and tear it aprt, which basically didn't happen.

As far as believing the guy, I don't know who or what to believe in this area. I've been around ATS for four years or so and lurked a little before that so I have become sort of a "armchair expert" on this subject. After reading a few hundred threads here it's hard to not learn something. I mean, there are certain things I know to be truth, like:

A. My life sucks big donkey gonads
B. The OS of 9/11 is a frakking lie(what the truth is, I don't know).

As far as aliens and ufo's, I do believe there is something big going on up there. One of the most famous incidents, the Phoenix Lights, was seen by , what, ten thousand people? Quite hard to debunk that(flares, oh yeah, I surely believe that nonsense, NOT!!). Is it aliens? Reverse tech? Is it just something we humans came up with on our own? I don't know.

But I doubt much of what Riley has to say. I wish I had specific examples but I only listen when I am in the car and his show is on, which is sporadic and I may only listen for a few minutes. I don't know all of what he has said over the years so I was hoping poeple here would bring it and debunk it, or not.

Makes me think of David Icke, somewhat. I've heard so many people say he's cool then he starts to talk about Reptilians and they start to think he's nuts. Everything else he talks about, for the most part, makes sense yet most people will not believe him because of his extraordinary claims of a reptilian species.

I don't believe anyone on a whim, or just because they talk nice or they have a nice suit, or anything ridiculous like that. I try and see what makes sense to me, try and make it all fit into all the other stuff going on around the world, you know, that whole big picture thang. Reptilians, while a wild story, does make a lot of sense. There is no proof, so I'm on the fence, but it does make some sense. Look at our leaders, they defy human characteristics at times so I would not be surprised to find a bunch of reptilians there.

So no, Iam not trying to get people to believe Rm's story, nor do I buy it, yet. But I won't just blindly dismiss his claims because he says some wild stuff. It's all pretty wild, when you get right down to it, so who knows who is lying and who is not? Maybe, just maybe, this Riley dude is onto something whereas everyone else has been barking up the wrong tree? Could be, Idoubt it but it COULD be.

Ever heard of Jose Canseco? Ex baseball player who people thought was completely off his rocker, telling us all how bad steroids were in baseball, how Mark McGuire had done it(which, until recently he denied) yet when the story finally broke( no thanks to our sports journalists who ignored the problem for years when they knew it was going on) Canseco turned out to be almost spot on.

Just because someone has a story we don't want to believe, or is so damned wild that it sounds untrue, well, maybe, sometimes, in what are probably rare instances, they can be right. Is Riley telling the truth? again, I don't know. But I would like to have someone pick his words apart. As I don't know all of what he has said, I can't really do it. I don't know enough of his story to debunk it. Which is why I started this. To try and get a little closer to the truth.

If that makes RM look like more of a fool than he already does, then so be it. It's not my ideas you are debunking, it's his and I would feel no better or worse if it turned out he was a total liar. I have no stake in this, no horse in this race, so to speak, except to find out the truth(fat chance of that, I know, but one can always try). There are a lot of great researchers on this site, I was hoping some of them would come out and blow RM'S story to hell(or not, if that's the case) but except for the post about Rm's latin names for the species, there has been nothing except automatic dismissal of anything RM related. Maybe those are Riley's names for those species, trying to translate them to human speak? Or are those the names those races gave themselves? I don't know but that's the only piece of "evidence" so far yet brought to this thread.

As the Pythons said in the Argument Sketch, "An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition." That hasn't happened in this thread. That was all I wanted, a debate, on the "facts" that RM has brought to the table.

I don't know how to get around the money argument. Everyone needs it to survive so why it's bad for one person to ask for money to do a radio show, or buy a book, or one of his "symbols" - yeah, that gets a little weird there - but everyone else does it. Just maybe not so blatantly. He does come off as a money grabber but I just cannot take that fully against him.

Does David Icke get paid to do speeches? Then what is the difference between RM getting paid for a radio show? Maybe he really is getting shafted by Sirius/XM and has a valid point? Not everyone there in the satellite radio world is happy with the contracts they have (see Bubba the Love Sponge or Scott Ferrall for examples) and while I agree it makes RM look bad with all his whining about it I cannot totally hold it against him as money is needed to live in this world. Without all the facts, which we do not have, one cannot know.

If you performed a service, whatever it is, and you don't get fairlwhat he has said and show how y compensated, wouldn't you get a bit miffed? Maybe he's spot on with that and a liar about all the rest? Could be, but without the proper debate of his ideas then we cannot put this to rest. If he is still out there making outrageous claims and no one comes and debunks him then we will never get to the bottom of this whole story. We need to get rid of all the crap and find out what's real.

I DON"T KNOW!!! Which is why I asked. How can we make sense of it all with all the junk out there? We need to get rid of the junk and what's left should give us a better picture. I think we could put out some of that trash out on the sidewalk with RM if we could have the proper debate we need on it.

Basically, I don't believe him or disbelieve him. I just don't know and that needs to be fixed. I'm in the middle of a bunch of hard labor so I haven't had the time to do any research to try and find where and what RM is lying about, or wrong about, or right, or whatever. I was hoping the people at ATS here would help a bit with that, try and get to the bottom of this. It seems to me people's minds were made up a long time ago about this guy and so there is no reason to even speak about it without the automatic dismissal. That's not a debate.

We're cool, IMO, though. I get what you say, but I can't go as far as you have. Maybe you know more of what RM has said and therefore can say he's full of it. I can't, yet, but I won't say he's got all the answers, either. Or any, for that matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Gosh when i saw this all i could think about was when Howard Stern prank called this guy haha!! I really dont know how reliable he is, i believe he could be off a bit. He has told some really, really out there stories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join