It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Creepy Ghost Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Please make allowances for my writing skills (or lack thereof!) I don't have time to edit this.

I was visiting some friends the other evening and their neighbor stopped over to return some DVDs she borrowed. She’s a very cool person, a retired schoolteacher who often visits my friends just to hang out a bit. My friends daughter asked her to
tell me the 'ghost story'. After hearing it, I felt I had to post it here on ATS.

The neighbor said the ‘haunting’ happened to her cousin Linda, who she’s very close to.
They’ve always considered themselves ‘sisters’. Linda is also a retired teacher.
In the 1970s, Linda's husband was transferred to Dallas, TX with his job. Linda immediately got a teaching job there. Their 2 kids were in grade school. They needed a place to stay asap. They found a cool house to rent in a Dallas suburb.
(At least they thought it was cool at the time!)

They moved out of the house within 3 months…the landlord let them break the lease
because he was supposedly a witness to some of the ‘goings on’. The house was a split-level, with two small flights of stairs in the main entry. Shortly after moving in, Linda and her husband would hear footsteps coming up the steps to the upper floor toward their bedroom. They always heard them around 4-5 AM.
Of course, the first time they heard it, they freaked out. Her husband grabbed something to use as a weapon and went to confront the intruder, only to find no one there. He searched the entire house. Nothing. They were unable to get
a good night's sleep after that.

They also began hearing loud ‘bangs’, ‘booms’ and ‘crashes’. Once at 5AM, they thought the house’s deck had collapsed. She said the whole house shook as if a semi truck had crashed right into it. The noise was unbelievable. They jumped out of bed to investigate…nothing. They decided right then they’d had enough.
Although they thought briefly of having the house blessed by a priest, they decided they'd rather just get out. They did NOT want to be in that house.

Here’s the part of the story that freaked me out:
Shortly before they moved out, something really scary happened. Linda’s husband is an amateur photographer, and they had many, many photos around the house. They had framed photos hanging on the walls, and photos in frames on shelves, tables, desks, etc.
It was a Saturday morning when Linda noticed this. Every photo of their family was ripped in half right down the middle, like someone took them out of the frames, tore them, and then put them back. Their wedding photos with groups of people were also torn. She even looked in boxes that hadn’t been unpacked yet. Every photo of the family was torn. If it was a photo of a lone person, a landscape, a tree, whatever, it was intact. If the photo had 2 or more people, it was torn down the center! Apparently, the entity\spirit was angered or upset by family togetherness and intimacy.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by ColeYounger]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What a great, but scary story. I'm sorry that all their personal things should get ripped!

But is it maybe possible way to get a picture of the pictures? Well if her husband was a photographer, then he probally took some pictures? Its a really cool story. Thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

My friend is going to ask his neighbor if she could get her cousin to scan and email her any pics. I think it would be cool (although very creepy) to actually see something that was done by a
spirit\poltergeist\whatever-the-hell it was.

join