Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My boss told me I can't visit ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You better hope 'ol bossy doesn't come on ATS because it looks like somebody didn't listen.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

"Procedural Error"??

Is much more than that, I have no clue what you mean. If he was told he would be fired for visiting a political site, that falls under "POLITICAL AFFILIATION", which is a protected right under UNITED STATES LAW, being you're from Canada, and being that work laws are different between our countries.

And he does NOT need to "suffer damages" to sue. All someone needs to do is prove discrimination, the discrimination itself is what breaks the law, not his hurt feelings.

I would record something like that. But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

1. freedom of speech,freedom of expression etc etc goes both ways.

2. private property only goes one way, yet it has to be in line with what the law sais.

pretty much boils down to thouse two things in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You're speaking as a Canadian. You don't 'get' how it works here in the States, and what constitutes discrimination.

The man was threatened to be fired for VISITING ATS because, as the OP said:

"he doesn't want me visiting these websites because they lie and distort facts."

Sounds like the trouble is not the fact he was online, it was that he had certain beliefs or affiliations. Maybe you don't understand, but here IN AMERICA, that's a big deal. It borderlines on religious/political belief.

If the employee has broken no rules of his employee "handbook" or stated company guidelines, but was old not to visit CERTAIN websites on his own breaks, that could be teetering the legal line.

But again, you're seeing this as a CANADIAN, and don't appreciate the implications.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

1. freedom of speech,freedom of expression etc etc goes both ways.

2. private property only goes one way, yet it has to be in line with what the law sais.

pretty much boils down to thouse two things in my opinion.

Well it's good for us our OPINIONS don't matter. Thank God for the Rule of Law...huh?

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
ATS covers more than just politics, if he has a bad opinion of the site because of a political stance explain to him you only look at the ufo stuff.. wait dont do that he may have been abducted and probed

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This sounds like a Completely MADE UP Story . Who's kidding Who here ?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

what i ment was pretty much that the OP has a right to view ats but his employer has the right to say no (freedom of etc etc, it goes both ways)
as long as its on/with "his" property and its with in the law.

for this to even become a discrimination court case there has to be proof that everyone else at that job can surf what ever web pages they like.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You're supervisor is definitely taking advantage of what little pathetic authority he has. Taking advantage at such tough times, when it's hard to find a job. # you're supervisor, and I hope he gets his when SHTF. His soul is Garbage.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm. I think your boss is part of the conspiracy. I think you should sneak into his office and snoop around. Maybe you'll find his hidden camera feed to the bathroom etc. Also ask anybody whos been working with him for awhile if they noticed any unusual behavior from this guy.

"Only the guilty flee when none pursue."

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Good info there..

Do it again and get your boss on tape.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's the Companies Equipment and the Company pays for the Service,
how dare they dictate how that equipment should used.

Using it to do anything other than Business, is a Prevelidge not a right.
Some companies even filter out Web Based Email Services, it's their
right to ensure "their" Computers are not Comprimised by any
unauthorized software, viruses, tojans.

If you don't like the arrangement, you can also go to another employer
that is more open.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

"Procedural Error"??

Is much more than that, I have no clue what you mean. If he was told he would be fired for visiting a political site, that falls under "POLITICAL AFFILIATION", which is a protected right under UNITED STATES LAW, being you're from Canada, and being that work laws are different between our countries.

And he does NOT need to "suffer damages" to sue. All someone needs to do is prove discrimination, the discrimination itself is what breaks the law, not his hurt feelings.

I would record something like that. But that's just me.

I think you would have a hard time convincing a judge in either country that ATS is considered a political site. But as I have been an employer for over 15 years in Canada, and I assure you that directly disobeying an employer is grounds for immediate dismissal.

Unless your a lawyer, who knows something I don't, I think you need to re think that damages part. It seems to me that a person who has suffered no damages wouldn't have much to complain about.

..Ex

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The fact that people here are advocating taking the company to court is down right hilarious and come off as those southerner's that run through life thinking and talking about suing everyone and everything because they have the "power of the law" but never see the inside of a court room besides for handling debt and criminal charges. heh...

Yet they are saying in another thread how screwed up the country is and they still believe the power of the law sings between their wings.

Ha ha. No nutbag is going to win a case against a large company on this particular issue. Some people just blow my mind, are you guys just posting to post or what i don't get it. You guys simply do not make ANY sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is why I’m glad I’m my own boss, I don't have patience for this type of attitude.

If this man was my boss I’d report him immediately.

I wonder how me knows about ATS in the first place, wouldn’t be surprised if he was a complete hypocrite who visits this site himself, but only to “debunk” any conspiracies that come up and to chastises those with anti-government or anti-media threads.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I hope you mean "former boss". Tell that assclown to pound sand and go over to Piggly Wiggly.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Step 1:
Ask boss for a list (written down) of websites that he approves of for you to browse during break/lunch. Tell him you need this list written down and signed so that you don't make any mistakes because you don't want to get fired.

Step 2:
Send this list to Human Resources, asking them to confirm that the list is approved by corporate.

Step 3:
Human Resources will say "WTF!?" and ask you who in the hell told you you can only go to these websites?

Step 4:
Tell them your boss said so.

Step 5:
Boss fired.

Step 6:
Surf as much as you want on ATS, on your own laptop, using your own Sprint wireless card.

Step 7:
Thank me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANE OG
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Good info there..

Do it again and get your boss on tape.

That's a better idea. THEN tell him (through your attorney) to pound sand after you get your settlement. Hopefully not too big a settlement, I'm not advocating ambulance-chasing here.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't see a conspiracy here, but it does sound like your boss is a royal @-hole on a power trip. Nor you, myself or anyone needs his advice.

So did you get the vibe that this was some personal beef he was dishing up? I don't see how he could legally tell you what websites to go to on your break...but remember this, he could fire you and say it's for another reason entirely.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
maybe he doesn't want you spending time on sites at work where you can get distracted, and doesn't want you spending all your spare time on a computer instead of sleeping, perhaps he just wants he best work from you without spending all nite on ats...
or perhaps hes scared you might become like that guy who did that at the pentagon station.

just a view

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join