It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boss told me I can't visit ATS

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
He must not understand what ATS really is.

In one night I can comment on a thread asking me if I am an alien, define blaspheming the Holy Spirit, argue with a God hater, debate politics to my hearts content - something I don't get to do often with people, hear about the newest space alien, contribute to several just for fun threads, read stories, try to glean the truth from what the media says, and much much more!

What boss would have a problem with that? There are so many forums ATS can be whatever I want it to be. Depending on what forum I choose, I can talk about an issue with like-minded people or debate about it with people who believe opposite to me. It increases my communication skills, challenges my beliefs, and exercises my brain.

God bless ATS!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First, off you have a terrible boss.
Second, start looking for another job. I know the economy is tough, so do not quit, but definitely look around for another job. I say this because if he has a problem with ATS and is threatening you, who knows what other crud hes going to come up with to maybe fire you.
While you are looking or if you can not find another job. I would say do not go on ATS at work, even on breaks. Just stick to it at home or anywhere else outside of work for that matter.
Sorry for you, but you got to keep your'e job, before finding another, and that to me seams the best way to keep the cash flow coming for you to live.
Good luck, bro!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
he must belong to a rival board.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Tell his boss what hes doing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
To the op even though I agree with your point of view on this and agree with another job or reporting him is probably the best course of action but......

Say that you were on a po*n site. He would be completely right about telling you what he did. The things said on ats are directly meant to spawn debates and conversations that can easily get out of control. If he doesnt like ats or not doesnt really make much difference when the conversations about ats topics spill over when lunch is finished with. You guys should be working then and the topics of conversation can be heard by the customers. Even if the customers dont say anything to you they might feel uncomfortable returning to that store because of what you were talking about directly hurting the stores income and abilty to pay you.

You may not have been talking about what you were reading yet but it might happen in the future and your boss saved you from having to get fired. If a customer was completely blind to the topics on ats they might get terrified when hearing your conversations and not return out of fear that their world that they knew isnt actually what they thought.

Im sorry but your boos was right to say what he did. ATS is what he said it is and we come here to find like minded people. If there are people at your work that feel like you do then meet them on ATS when the work day is over. Break or not you are still on company property and a complaint is his problem to deal with. You would be giving him more stress then he already has to deal with on his day to day basis.He will have no choice if a customer complains about what they have been subject to when etntering that place of buiness.

You did nothing wrong...
In this case your boss did nothing wrong....

If you do what he says you will be avoiding a complaint made against you causing him to have to fire you to keep the customer coming. If you are in a small town they need every customer that they can get.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Its the impression it gives.. try to be more discret

i to visit ATS at the job lol who doesnt

even CNN or your personnal email site
minimize it in the corner if someone try to peak like a curious $%&*

people at the job dont need to know what websites you are seeing
they are a bunch of curious snakes ready to judge on everything

especially if he sees a big thread title such has

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

imagine you are a FBI agent(Mulder or Scully) ..
would you go viewing top secret files from the fbi site with your laptop in public?

many dont really care when they catch us viewing a conspiracies site but others would make it a big deal

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You should be going above his head if you can...maybe you know a paralegal that can draft something up as well. Publix is pretty big and prob wouldn't want bad press

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the flames this guy is getting.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that any attorney who would take on a case of this nature is an "ambulance chaser". I am not a lawyer, but I worked in wrongful termination law for many years as an assistant. There are attorneys out there who truly do fight for workers' rights. www.lawyers.com can give you names and peer ratings in your area.

Any reputable attorney would give you a free initial consultation, generally in person (that was our policy, so the lawyer could assess the individual face-to-face; some were just money-hungry). At that initial consultation or shortly thereafter, they will make a decision on whether or not they will take your case - and I have seen cases like this before. I'm still under an NDA and cannot discuss specifics of any of them, regrettably. You will be given a fee agreement to sign if the attorney takes your case. Retainers are not generally required. Should your case settle or win, the attorney will receive a portion of the award - usually a quite generous portion, but it's been my experience that attorneys who represent clients on a contingency basis are very serious about winning.

Florida is a right-to-work/at-will state, this is true. However, if you are being treated differently from others on the basis of the fact that you visit ATS on your own laptop, on your own wireless card, on your unpaid break - that is patently wrong. What is your boss doing spying on your computer anyways?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I had to add my 2 cents on this one. When I read the op's post, my blood boiled. Although I did not read all the replies, I did read the 1st few pages of them. So if I am repeating what others have said, I apologize.

For the record, I for one, would beg him to fire me for that reason. Granted, I wouldnt "beg" out loud. But I would continue reading whatever I chose while on my personal time.

I read a couple of responses that talked about the "right to work" states and that you could be fired for NO reasons. This is true. But, companies have strict policies and procedures that they must follow and a lawsuit for this frivolous firing would not be unheard of nor would you lose. I live in one of those so called states and believe me when I say, employees sue employers for wrongful firing on a very regular basis. It is a case by case basis, but the employees do win quite regularly.

In a company as large as the one you mentioned, they would definitely have procedures that they must follow. In terms of firing, they should create a paper trail first. (write-ups, etc) So before it would even reach firing level, it would be discussed on a higher level than your store mgr. (and you can request that, too)

I would do my job, and do it well. Do not challenge this guy. But DO make him put it in writing. I have a feeling it will stop there. Keep in mind, that he will just make your life suck and find another reason to fire you. Unfortunately thats how corporate works.

Good Luck to You.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My 2 cents.

1: Find new job.

2. Spit in your bosses face.

I can't stand close-minded pricks like that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What a jerk. I would think the law would be on your side - you should check that
out for your area. How do you think he heard about ATS? You wait until you get
your pay check (hopefully like on a Monday morning) go to lunch and never return..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Most large companies have an abundsman(sp.) postion that you can privately discuss this issue,without recourse and you will get the proper response. One addition, maybe just let your boss read this thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Since this threads over a yr old I'm sure it's been resolved by now. I didn't read the whole thread, so not sure what happened to the OP?

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join