It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boss told me I can't visit ATS

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I feel sooo bad for your unfortunate WORK situation

I hope this thread stays on the front page forever, so all can see how insensitive employers can be.

Good luck in whatever path you choose in life, I hope it improves for YOU.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

You didn't offend me because you weren't debating me, you were debating a brick wall.

You didn't READ what I was responding to. You ASSUMED I was responding the OP, which was a mistake on your part. Read the post I quoted and was responding to. Then you'll understand (at this point, a big assumption on my part) the perspective of my post.

You should spend more time making sure you understand the situation before waste your time arguing with an empty room.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Its plain and simple, i read your entire post looked Florida's laws and stuff like that. Nowhere does he have the right to fire you on these grounds. First amendment protects you mainly on this but also you can sew him if he fires you because of this. I best recommend you tape record him saying this, make sure you don't get caught and you can legally sew him and have evidence to prove he is blackmailing you saying he will fire you, on your unpaid break on your own property, for going to a website. You have rights he can't tell you that because that blackmail and very against the law to do. That is like my boss saying i can't have a girlfriend because im too young, im 18. You can go on here and he can't do anything about it because if he does then you are legally entitled to sew him for blackmail.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by Misoir

Wow! Sorry to hear about your boss. He must do some work a little higher up than you know.
I would call a lawyer-especially because you weren't on their computer-then it would be different. Call your lawyer, ask them about the laws of your state-do it again-let him fire you so we can watch the dispute on t.v.!

He cannot tell you which web sites you can or can't visit on your computer and on you own time! Do not let him control you like this. I was so happy when I found this web site- a place where people with the same interests and curiosities can gather and talk about the science behind the cloaks, if we let your boss do this then my boss may too. And where will we all go?

The world is full of curiosity, it's human nature. So we want to know what that light is above Cleveland, OH. So things don't entirely match up in 911. And of course we simply want to know are we alone? When I look up at the stars I feel alone and lonely, I feel like we may be the only people looking up. The people who may/may not have the answers refuse to give us some insight and that's just wrong. It's wrong and inexcusable.
So do yourself a favor, and all of us-stand up for the last ounce of freedom we have.

Yes exactly listen to this guy. It doesn't matter what state your in they can't tell you what websites you can or can't go to because, in how you put what he said "because these websites lie and distort facts", then he could just say all blog sites and the entire internet is considered that. Seriously what website does have a lie in it or twist facts, go on politic sites its full of those with props.

Seriously there is no state where your 1st amendment can be violated if he doesn't like the website too bad for him its on your time not his and you weren't working on their property and it was all your stuff they can't fire you for their own opinions. Its not like you were on a pedo site or something its not doing anything illegal its a regular blog site just for conspiracies and other stuff.

You sure this guy wasn't just being funny?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

The state of florida is a state where they can fire you for whatever reason they want.

For the OP, GO TO CORPORATE!

Report this skeezer to the corporate office for discrimination. He was discriminating against your own personal beliefs. It may not get any results, but you never know.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I work weekends at a grocery store called Winn Dixie. Yesterday I was on a lunch break and the store supervisor walked up to me while I was sitting on a bench and on ATS via my laptop and he walked over and leaned against the wall. Then he leaned forward and told me that he doesn't want me visiting these websites because they lie and distort facts. I was stunned and did not reply, and then he started to walk away and told me if he catches me on this website again I will be fired.

First off why does it even matter that I am on ATS while on break? Second how could he fire me for just visiting a website that is perfectly safe and legal? What is this guy’s problem and can he legally fire me for this. I don't understand what the problem is I was on a lunch break.

I want to make it clear for everyone.

I am using my own internet service through a Sprint wireless Datacard.
I am using my own personal computer.
I am on the companies property.
I was on my unpaid lunch break.

[edit on 3-15-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

People like that supervisor just make me mad! Whats so bldy special about his role in his sad lonely job just because he refuses to get out a lot just goes home from work has his dinner skanks off to bed goes back to work the next day etc etc. To be fair I would say to his face like I have said many times before to other people who think they have authority over my life when they haven't. I just say B*ll**s you should see the look on their faces then I give them a good telling or two about why I made that comment and state that I chose to go to work for that business because I need the money not because I like doing it and clearly state to that person who think they have any authority I can play the system just as well as they think they can since I've learnt how to play the game in the work force a looooong time ago and just go and report them to their bosses for harrassment and threats made by that person they soon back off especially when you explain to them how its going to go down for the littlest thing when you explain to them you'll have it all down on paper dropped off to the personnel department first thing in the morning along the lines of Harrassment and Threats and Disciplinary Actions will come next and say if you keep being harrassed by this employer that you will take it further and take them to court.

You'll be amazed how easy it for people to be manipulated. Somebody who has clearly done wrong maybe 20-50% of the time if you know how you can make them look like they are 100% wrong.(That's only if they bully you on a daily basis).

Just play the game, after all that is all work is its just a game. Don't let it ruin your life and for goodness sake don't let this twonk! bully you, your better than that. Take over the situation. Show them you mean it.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"where I live either you keep the job you have or you have no job."

I think the above statement you made pretty much says it all. We can debate the laws, your rights, or what we think your boss can or cannot do. The truth is that your boss doesn't have to fire you for being on a website he doesn't want you to be on, on your personal laptop, on your unpaid lunch, while on company property. Your boss can fire you for a totally different reason or he can make your work life miserable and not fire you, knowing that in this economy, jobs are difficult to find, if at all. My advice to you would be to take your lunch hour off company property, where you cannot be told what to do at all. Leave your laptop locked in the trunk of your car in it's bag, where no one can get to it when not in use by you. That's the safe way to avoid this problem in the future, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
As others have said you should look up to see whether or not he can do this, and also be looking for a new job. You don't want this kind of employer.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Very good advice you know what you're talking about.

Do any of you realize how expensive a good lawyer is much less trying to find one that is will to go up against a corporation?

The time involved, the corporate lawyers like playing a wait it out game, if your older they will consult the mortality tables (I work in the insurance industry)

And last, because of corporate espionage now days policies have become more strict.

Many companies do not allow, laptops, ebooks, cameras, recorders, any type of electronic devices not sanctioned by and used specifically for "the company".

Our company manual states this very directly.

Going to human resources, at my company that is a joke, the human resouce manager will ask you if you have tried to work this out with your boss?

Each company is different, so I can only give you one experience - but at our company all the managers and HR have a united front. Them against us and the pions are the us.

In my line of work, I deal with HR Managers and they tend to be the worse of the worse, the lizards that would sell anyone to maintain their almight dollar coming in and not losing their position.

The workplace has become a real cruel battlefield.

WD doesn't sound like much of a job, but it's a job in a country where jobs are being outsourced by the minute.

If you want to keep this job, shut up, do what your told, bid your time, look around for something better (I make close to 49,000 a year and am still treated like %hit). Go to ATS on your own time at home.

I also would suggest to watch what books you bring to work to read on your lunch hours. I have some books on UFO's and Conspiracies I would never dream of bringing to work, because people are nosy and will keep track of what you are reading. Giving away too much information about yourself is stupid and risky. Times are changing, guard your privacy and don't give out too much information on yourself.

As you get older you will see this is good advice.

When I was young I was a in your face love me or leave me, now I've come to realize in the work world, unless you own your own company, it is important to maintain a certain business facade in order to survive.

Again, I would strongly suggest, trust non of your coworkers, do not let them know your private business, they can and will use it against you if times and situations get worse. If you need a friend, buy a dog, they won't snitch on you ever.

I know I speak from experience.

Think of going to work like in the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" where the guy and girl are about ready to walk out on the busy street and he tells her, "now don't show any emotion - just look straight ahead and remain calm no matter what".............that's how it is now in the business world, act like just another pod person and you will do find.

Your boss is a pod person, dumbed down and will never wake up from the Matrix, accept that and that while you are working at WD one of your jobs is to get along.

Good luck, your boss sounds as phitty as my boss.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlyhope

From what I am hearing most employers are that kind of employer.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent job out there?

Jobs in America are getting less and less by the minute, not even day now.

I'de love to work at home and by pass all the office "games" people play.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
your boss is just paranoid but there is nothign he can do if its in your break

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sorry late on thread. but most emplyee, employer relationships in any state is no reason fire- quit. As far as him fireing you for what you do in your free time, as long as you are not creating a pro or anti this or that among fellow co-workers and keeping it to yourself, he is invading your privacy. Keep rollin brother and keep it real. He has no leg to stand on. If he fires you for that sue his pants off. If he fires you for no fault of your own then theres unemployment untill you can find other employment.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

He was using Sprint wireless. Which means he was using his provider. Just wanted to throw that in. Other then that I agree 100%.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Dear OP; Please refer to your Employee Handbook.
If you are unable to find ANY restrictions on employee use of personal telecommunications via the telephone company wiring drops in and about the structure, using TCP/IP or other normal protocols.
1.You should send registered notice of intimidation and restriction of your constitutionaly guarenteed freedom of speech, by your supervisor, to HIS supervisor.
This done expect "retaliation".
2. Document increased intimidation as your supervisor attempts to create a "hostile" workplace.
3. You should also mention any handicaps which you may have as sometimes, bad people have prejudiced feelings concerning the handicapped.
4. You should claim minority status as an other. Chances are they just had places for a few races and figured all light complected persons are "caucasian", rather than allow you the option of other, such as Japanese American Ainu, Celtic, Anglo Saxon, or Persian.
5. File claims for damage (go see a shrink a few times, tell him or her about the horrid man's hatred of your color/sexual identity/ethnic origins/handicap/religion) this will help your claim being expedited.
6. In your lawsuit, ask for about 35,000 or so, the company will offer 28, settle at 30,000.
7. Find a nice old place somewhere in the hustings and buy used a cheap small dumptruck and old tractor with a frontend loader with a spreader.
8. Build reputation for hauling of small loads of sand and gravel, fixing driveways, or spreading barnyard manure for gardeners. You will build a business at this quicker than you know.
9. Profit.
10. Invest, hire, expand, upgrade, sell out. Retire early.
11. Enjoy life down in the Florida Keys, it's where all good Parrot Heads end up.
Good luck!
The turkey is yours to pluck!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
no he cant fire you for visiting a site on your break if he does then you could sue him for everything he is worth which dont sound like much but what do you expect from a media influencd person

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dude If that Was My boss Everytime he farted he would scan for wifi coz id shove my laptop up his ass. In fact bro next time he is an idiot im gonna call him for you and say " Hi im James From England, we have had a survey and it appears 98% of the british public think your a Knob Jockey"

regards and best wishes dude!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Read your employee handbook. I have worked at places in the past where you could not read any material not provided to you by the employer, at work.

This was an attempt to prevent labor unions from forming

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No matter what anyone tells you, your break time is YOUR time. Technically, your boss isn't allowed to say one word to you about work or policies while you're on break. Ordinarily this isn't worth fighting over--who cares if a boss spends 30 seconds talking about something while you're trying to eat a sandwich or whatever. But in cases like this, you need to assert your rights. The courts will back you up, but you don't even need to go that far. Just threaten to go over his head--district manager most likely if you're at a convenience store. He likely won't let it get that far, but if it does, fine. Tell the district manager you know your rights. They'll fold.

Do NOT let them push you around.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzraBuckley
reply to post by Misoir

No matter what anyone tells you, your break time is YOUR time. Technically, your boss isn't allowed to say one word to you about work or policies while you're on break.

This is GREAT advice...if your objective is to become unemployed. I can't believe the sheer lack of intelligence on this thread.

Originally posted by killer4281
no he cant fire you for visiting a site on your break if he does then you could sue him for everything he is worth which dont sound like much but what do you expect from a media influencd person

While on work property, you are required in most places to continue to reflect the professionalism you would during your regular shift. This is very common, and enforceable by your employer.

Originally posted by Ferginator
reply to post by Misoir

Its plain and simple, i read your entire post looked Florida's laws and stuff like that. Nowhere does he have the right to fire you on these grounds. First amendment protects you mainly on this but also you can sew him if he fires you because of this.

Your first amendment protects your free speech from your GOVERNMENT, not your job. Gawd have you actually read your constitution?

Your employer really can tell you what you can do on your break, and can fire you for no reason at all, providing they either give you severance pay, or notice. Your employer isn't obligated to provide you with a job, and challenging them is just inane.

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by deadlyhope

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent job out there?
Jobs in America are getting less and less by the minute, not even day now.

This is actually very good advice. If you are lucky enough to have a job, keep it. Then if you choose to find another one, make sure you have it before you leave this one. Before you actually take advice on this or any other forum consult a lawyer, preferably one that isn't just in it to bill you.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You won't get anything here in Florida. LOL Good luck. It would be better if you were a middle aged woman, then you might have a chance.

I really don't believe this story anyway, but if true, unfortunate.

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join