It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boss told me I can't visit ATS

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
my opinion, go to www.laborlawtalk.com and post a thread there and someone who knows the laws for your state can tell you what your options are. trust me it worked for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nobody on this thread is giving anything other than their OPINION or their personal advice.

I haven't seen one member start their thread with "I am an attorney and this is what you should do".

Let's get over that part.

This is a discussion board, one of our members posted an experience he had at work and asked us for what we thought.

That's it.

Oh and for the wannabe lawyers out there, ATS has no clue what the "true identity and location" of ANY of our members are.

Why would we? HOW would we?

Seriously, the guy asked for our opinions and suggestions.

His boss is apparently a power tripping punk who is in a dead end job and hates his life so much he wants to be a dick to those who under him (and who he probably knows will be way more successful in life).

Yes, if he was on the store's owned/leased real estate then they have every right to tell him what he can and can not do.

That aside, why would anyone want to be such a jerk to an employee?

To make himself feel BIGGER, that's why...

Pitiful.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I was talking about this with my wife and the first thing she said was: "the boss was probably afraid he was some kind of nut who might come in one day and start shooting."

I don't know the whole story obviously and I'm not a legal expert but depending on if or how you are presenting your beliefs at work that's just a reality check about what sentiments might be regardless of your legal rights.

Once again, reading sites like this a lot can seriously distort your perception of what the majority would consider rational political discourse.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I will stand by my advice

Work is hard to find

Good wages is harder to find

ATS is an excellent place to be

ATS is a better place to be when one can afford to pay the following:

Love (your lifes partner)
Rent
Utilities
Food
Internet
Computers to be able to access Internet
taxes (last on the list)

If you are well paid please stay that way.

This is not a fight worth loosing your job over. Even if you find another job and tell this guy where to stick it. You will only confirm his belief about ATS, as another poster in this thread put it, you will then be a disgruntal ex employee.

Look for another job? Always keep your options open! Always!!!!!

Just remember whenever you do anything political on any employers site you are opening yourself to the possiblities of loosing a job.

How much are you willing to loose to argue a point that wins you nothing in return?

Good luck in what ever you decide on.

Please let us know how you get on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
HEY boss if your reading this.

why are YOU on ats huh huh huh!!!?????

anyway bro, keep your head up and dont give up on truth and information. peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a sheep tbh mate,

like the person that comes on this site once and can't take it in or he could be some top guy :L ahh i don't know.

I think you should tell him it's your laptop internet ect, if he still disagrees complain to the hq or get a mobile with good 3g

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hello,
Lots and lots of posts!
I'm wondering OP, does your boss have a laptop of his own? I get the impression he's jealous. Does he sit and look over the shoulder of the others with their laptops?
And about recording his behavior, you got an on-board web-cam, with a mic?
Maybe you can get him while in action against your lunch breakers. Or, just wait until after work and ask him if you can have a discussion. If he allows/has time/is willing; ask him man to man why does he seem to have a personal problem with you, and feels he needs to poke around in your business.
I know you can put it to him with better words than mine. By doing this you may chance gaining his respect. If this gets you fired, you as far as I can guesstimate are off the clock, and his firing you was based on a personal matter. Which is not professional, frowned upon by his superiors.
I'm wrong more often than right, but I still keep on keeping on. Hoping to remember what I learned...Just a thought as I send my support.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If some higher power were to throw these opportunities in my lap, I believe the universe would unravel itself.

wether digital or paper, it may be opinions on a forum, but is still reading material, and therefore, literature. You are on a break, A.K.A. "Don't bother me, boss-man!" time.

In the simplest terms there are 2 options:1.)tell douche-bag boss's boss your civil liberties are being violated on break time, and you are going to sue unless said douche is terminated, or 2.) retire that week, the youngest civil-suit millionare retiree, in your county, because punitive damages are a bitch when your basic human rights are violated. It's like him saying, " I don't agree with your opinion, and if it doesn't change at least HERE, I'm firing you, because I can."
In corporate terminology, it's just called harassment.

...And yes it IS a fight worth losing your job over, unless you agree that you're a slave.
besides, i can't imagine the pay is that great at a grocery store on the weekends

[edit on 15-3-2010 by toltecnightmare]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would wait for a good time, not a convenient one for the "boss," and just walk out. Well, that may be why my social security check isn't very big, but I have dignity and peace with God and self.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toltecnightmare

That is a good point with the advent of the ipad and other such devices, the written media is being replaced by the digital. How would we react if a person took a book from the public library on different conspiracies, was reading it on there lunch break and the manager said if I catch you with that book again I will fire you???

It is ludicrous.

This is going to go to court one day if pushed, it is a blatant violation of human dignity and our personal freedoms.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Why don't you just tell him you won't, then get off his property and log on to the ATS website. Are you trying to tell me this website is more important than your job?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Florida is a "right to work" state, so unless you are in a union, you can get fired for no reason at all. Under the circumstances that you explained, it appears that your boss is on a power trip and taking advantage of a lousy economy and his position of authority by acting like a twit. Try to find employment elsewhere. It seems that a new place would do you some good.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you like your job and or it's hard to replace it then just do what you have to do. You could go for a walk, get exercise or something instead.

He has no business telling what websites you can go to on your free time unless customers or others are aware of what sites you are going to and are offended.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I have a sprint data card. This means I don't use anything of his. I have my own internet.

Your real problem is you are breathing his air!

Get away from it as quickly as you can. Take your breaks elsewhere, it will be less stressful, until you can get another career.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
ATS is also filtered at my college, on the college network trying to bring up the page brings up a filtered page instead. Course a ton of sites are also blocked.

which means at college if caught bypassing the filter visiting a banned site could lead to some harsh penalties and multiple offenses could end up getting ya booted from college

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I manage over 500 employees. I would never tell someone what to do on their break or "free time". However, whether you like it or not he's the boss. If your state is an "at will" employment state, you probably have no means of recourse. You could look into some support from above him, but that will probably just put you under more pressure and it is unlikely that the "corporate" folks will take your side on an issue like this.

My suggestion....do what he says. Doesn't matter really if you're on your break, using your own computer, etc. You can look at ATS while your at home or somewhere else besides work.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by intjus01]

[edit on 15-3-2010 by intjus01]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think they can fire you for no reason whatsoever, but not for a specific reason such as your ideological beliefs. I think that is included in discrimination laws, but you should check.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
this gentleman asked for our opinions not sarcastic mentions on what he should do with the boss. if he would do what you are telling him he'd probably end up arrested. as i mentioned before his best bet would be to go to www.laborlawtalk.com and create a thread under his state and someone who knows all the laws about florida could tell him if he has a case to go to human resources/ if its illegal or if the boss was 100% in the right. he should NOT take the advice of anyone on this site. he needs legal counsel advice. so misoir my opinion is to go to this site and find out what your options are. GOOD LUCK!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Evisscerator

The 1st amendment doesn't give you any rights. I restricts the government from infringing on the natural right to free speech. It doesn't restrict private entities.

Well, CORPORATIONS are defacto Agents, Assigns and Officers of the US Government. No Corporation may infringe upon your protected God given rights. PERIOD !

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join