It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this "thing" inside Komarov crater?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And what do we say about ZOOMED pics...

HOAX...

"Get those f...t fingers of the zoom...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by scordar

Looks like a type of multiple rocket launcher.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

edit on Thu Sep 30 2010 by Jbird because: replaced large quote w reply to:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
the zoom is perfect for analysis actually, babe
the russians are at work! my last post on page one was blanked....not by me! i wonder, who could have that agenda to blank out a response....gotta go!

edit on 30-9-2010 by GBP/JPY because: spelled wonder with an extra w

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

scordar, good day mate, i do have some very interesting images from the insides of komarov crater also taken from google.
the thing is i cant link it to the ats threads forum...somehow i lack the know...
if you wont mind sending your email so i can send the file for you to link and post on this thread...my email is [email protected], i tried the link tutorial but didnt get me anywhere...
i have to take the shots from my computer screen with my Nokia N73 so i can extract the images from google...
really appreciate if you can help me on this one...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by enkira

I posted the following several months ago in another thread, but it bears repeating:

Why does anyone think that Google Moon is a valid tool for searching the Moon?

Let me bring the discussion down to earth:

Mapping programs such as Google Maps integrate multiple images - taken with different resolutions, at different times, from different angles and under different lighting conditions to make an approximation of one integrated overhead view.

Stitching artifacts of one type or another are very common. Just scroll around Manhattan and you will find many, such as this one.

Google Earth/Moon/Mars adds to the fun by overlaying this approximation (artifacts and all) onto a digital elevation map. The resolution of the DEM is quite low - much lower than the photographic overlay. For example, here is a photograph of Devil's Tower, in Wyoming, as viewed from the south:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5efbaac8ab8.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is the Google Earth view:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/504c6709f92d.jpg[/atsimg]

If an Apollo surface photograph differed from a Google Moon representation of the same area, we'd never hear the end of it on ATS. What's worse is that many people would assume that the the digital model is correct and therefore the Apollo photo must be "fake".

Another problem with overlaying an overhead image onto a digital map is that details on a vertical surface can be blurred and even lost. You can certainly see this in the Devil's Tower images, above. Here's an even better example. This is an aerial photo of Mount Rushmore in South Dakota:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d26eab01410.jpg[/atsimg]

And here it is on Google Earth, from approximately the same angle:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2822130eb65b.jpg[/atsimg]

I have yet to hear people complaining that the US Geologic Survey is altering photographs to hide signs of intelligent works.

This brings up another point: The USGS did not alter the image of Mt. Rushmore, any more than NASA altered the photo in the OP. The original overlay photos were provided by government agencies, however the stitching and other algorithms for Google was done by Digital Globe, a private company, as a form of advertising (all Google Earth images have the Digital Globe copyright).

Google Earth, Google Moon, Google Mars and Google Sky are toys. Yes, they are interesting and fun. They can be educational and - under certain limited conditions - useful; but make no mistake: They were designed primarily to look cool and be entertaining, so as to showcase the Google brand and Digital Globe products. If they were really valuable resources, then there would be a charge for using them - they would not be freeware. Also, keep in mind that the data for Earth is much more comprehensive than for the Moon or Mars. Therefore, Google Moon and Google Mars are even less accurate than Google Earth!

Poring over Google Moon to do serious research is like staring at centerfolds to become a dermatologist.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
thanks for the piece mate.and i do like centerfolds. i am aware of these "distortions" but you havent seen the images. the reason im bringing forth these images is to kind of validate them...send me your e mail and ill send you the photos...then have a go for it and then tell us. by the way how did you post your pix? ive been dying to post those pictures here in ats so everyone can have a good look...and dissect it as well...
i went through to the tutorial but can't even find the "my account" button in this page???how is that?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by enkira

Hi there enkira. I got your e-mail. Here are couple of the pics you sent me.
could you give us the coordinates from google moon so we could have a better look?

This "banana" shaped one is pretty interesting...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0230436c8c82.jpg[/atsimg]

If this is just going to be another exercise in Rorschach-ing saucers from nth-generation images ridiculously blown-up to ludicrous magnification, then I am out of here. Have fun.

edit on 3-10-2010 by Saint Exupery because: To correct spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

thanks for the embedding...there's 18 shots of them, any chance you can embed/link all of them?the best shots are there...i'll come back with the coords...
thanks again...
24-28'50.89" N / 152-21'41.94E

edit on 3-10-2010 by enkira because: added the coordinates

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

still struggling with the tutorial...there are 18 shots there, hope our friend scordar will be able to link them all.
i have to take eyeview shots to give some benchmarks for references.i have to admit the triangular shape was blurry, too much background light but the disc type is a beauty...if u can u2u ur email much oblige to send them to u.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

yup, i never thought that i'll be the one to give you the greater pic...i remember my reply to this post long time ago.
never expecting to come out more excited than you...
anyway i send you another batch of pix but this time its your place, i named it after you, "scordars manor"the one on your original thread cause it looks very much like a typical english manor but huge ...and this time you will have your answer. there's some very interesting glitches in the background, if i have the time tomorrow night i'll be on my swooping tirade again...
next time i'll be steadier with my cp cam...can you post the rest of the pix i sent u? i just cant seem to get through how to embed...by the way the location of your OP isjust about 20 kilos from my side of the crater.
signing off

edit on 3-10-2010 by enkira because: grammar correction

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I see nothing, absolutely nothing.

If I'm forced to use my imagination to "guess" at what it "could be", then it's time to re-evaluate the whole situation for what it is.

I've only seen a few interesting lunar or mars photos, and this is certainly not one of them. As already stated, we are looking at several magnified pixels. Take from that what you will.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=123929
hi trmedia.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=123930y to makethis link fkomarov crateror enkira...
Still learning the linking too...some additional pics from the op original location justabout 20 kms from enkira's
site.
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=123945" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 4-10-2010 by alphaMegas because: additional photos from op's 1st thread

images were taken with a cp cam N73, shadowy background reflection from laptop screen.
anyway we're getting better all the time...

edit on 4-10-2010 by alphaMegas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join