It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Rhapsody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
(A parody, sung to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.)

Is this the real bill?
this looks like a joke to me?
Lost in a landslide,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes, Look up to the hill and see,
I'm just a GOP, I have no sympathy,
Because I'm economy no, healthcare no, right wing yes, left wing no,
Any way the climate change goes, doesn’t really matter to me, to me

Mama I just killed a bill,
Put a gun against its head, pulled my trigger, now its dead
Mama, this debate had just begun,
But now I've gone filibustered it all away
Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry,
If we don’t take this house back tomorrow,
Slander on, slander on as if nothing really matters

Too late, its time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine, Senate’s bitching all the time
Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and smear the truth
Mama, ooh, I really want it to die,
I sometimes wish it never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a bill,
Chambliss, Chambliss, will you do the Fillibuster
Pelosi and Reed, very, very fright'ning me
(Crapo) Crapo (Crapo) Crapo, Crapo Olympia Snowe
Magnifico

I'm just a GOP and nobody loves me
He's just a GOP from a Right wing family,
Spare him his life from this health care monstrosity

Easy come, easy go, will you let it pass?
it’s Obama’s! No, we will not let it pass
(Let it pass!) it’s Obama’s! We will not let it pass
(Let it pass!) it’s Obama’s! We will not let it pass
(Let it pass) Will not let it pass
(Let it pass) Will not let it pass (Let it pass) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
(Oh mama mia, mama mia) Mama mia, let it pass

Pelosi has Obama put aside for me, for me, for me

So you think you can block us and spit in our eye
So you think you can pass it, I just want it to die
Oh, baby, can't pass this with me here, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me
Any way the bill dies.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The more I read the more it seems like the same old song and dance. When will we learn they, meaning the left and right are on the same team. And the only one's who are getting screwed are us. It is time to see the truth we truly walk alone. Apathy is the only tie that binds us.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You have been a member since 2006 here on ATS, and you still buy into the bs.

God Help Us All.

Republicrats = Its all the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yes in certain circumstances what you guys are saying is true. But the reality is there are people that are on the left, there are people that are on the right. So no it's not entirely true that there is no right and left.

There is a right and left, it's just not as clearly defined as people would like it to be.

Besides, sometimes ATS needs to learn to take a joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Double post. oops.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Jokes- Im for it all day long.I like to think I have a sense of humor, but to me, this 'song' is not very funny, nor is it clever. It is a passive way of getting out of taking responsibility.
"Well, they didnt like what we had to offer, so its their fault".
NO!... ITS ALL OF GOVERNMENTS FAULT for treating the people like
tools as a means to build their empire. We dont know why or how we are being used, just that we are being used to make THEM fat and happy; WHILE IN THE MEANTIME, making us mad at the 'other side" and making you happy with the same side thats screwing you in the backround.

I refuse to play anymore.

Edit To Add a

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I like to think I have a sense of humor, but to me, this 'song' is not very funny, nor is it clever.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

I can understand your point. But like many here I think that I do have my own mind, and just because some people here say there is a shadow government, doesn't actually mean there is a shadow government.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Shadow Govternment? Not like you(or I or anyone else for that matter)believe or think it is.

Let me try to help you, as someone recently from this site has helped me. (we all need it from time to time).

Now I dont know if you have seen this thread yet, or if you did, I dont know if you watched the Video, but it is the most powerful presentation I have ever seen when it comes down to HOW our govt really works opposed to how we THINK it is working.

And I know you have a brain of your own, thats why you are here.
This video is about an Hour and thirty minutes long. (well worth it if dont mind learning something new).

Finish the video, and tell me if you still think the way you do when finished.
If so, I wont be childish and all that crap cause you didnt agree.
I didnt even know, I can admit that.

To Thread- www.abovetopsecret.com...

To Video-vimeo.com...

Edit To Add.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

When I get home today, I will make sure to check out that video. I am sure that it will be informative. I will keep an open mind while I watch it.

but for sake of argument,

The second-ranking House Republican, Rep. Eric Cantor (Va.), put it more bluntly. "What transpired . . . and will give us a shot in the arm going forward is that we are standing up on principle and just saying no," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.washingtonpost.com...

On Fox News, Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele said he was open to withholding RNC funds from the three GOP Senators who backed President Obama’s stimulus package… Speaking of Senators Arlen Specter, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, Steele said that the Senators were likely to face primaries as a result of their vote for the stimulus bill. Then Steele was asked by Fox’s Neil Cavuto: ‘Will you, as RNC head, recommend no RNC funds being provided to help them?’ Steele confirmed that he would ‘talk to the state parties about.’ When pressed on whether he was open to it, Steele said: ‘Oh, yes, I’m always open to everything, baby, absolutely.’

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

theplumline.whorunsgov.com...

You have to wonder, if a single party in office is continuously voting against legislation, just because the other side is in favor of it, is that really an illusion of the two party system? Or is that just partisan politics at work?

My favorite to date was this one...

S.Amdt. 2588 to H.R. 3326

vote: 68 to 30

Do you know what S.Amdt. 2588 was for?

It's an amendment that says that the US government isn't going to pay companies like KBR to hush up gang rapes. But apparently 30 Republicans are all for gang rapes, and think that you the American tax payer should foot the bill for companies to force victims of brutal gang rapes into arbitration (paid for by you) so that they don't have to go to court.

I mean I assume that you are against using our tax payer money to cover up gang rape right? But of course it must be a ploy. Because there is no two party system, no, of course not. It's all a game and all lawmakers do in capital hill is take direction from some behind the scenes bogeyman in order to strip this country of it's freedoms.

Like I said, I will look into that video, and I will keep an open mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yes in certain circumstances what you guys are saying is true. But the reality is there are people that are on the left, there are people that are on the right. So no it's not entirely true that there is no right and left.

There is a right and left, it's just not as clearly defined as people would like it to be.

Besides, sometimes ATS needs to learn to take a joke.

It has nothing to do with us you are missing the point. We are separate they are not. They made this game for us to play and we play it to win. When in reality the issues that divide us are much easier to deal with without the hate and propaganda. Right vs. Left is the game and if that does not work it will be Black vs. White and so on.....

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yes and how odd it is that this is not a popular subject because it paints the GOP in a bad light. How strange that its just an illusion because it is not an anti Obama or democrat thread. Interesting don't you think?

Funny how that works right? Make something that disses on the left, and it's flags and stars and agreements, but trash on the right (even in a more playful way) and its oh boo, there is no left or right it's a game, we all get screwed bah humbug!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Thank you.
Cause this L-R BS was intentional, to keep us bickering amongst each other over who is right and who is wrong. Fact of the matter is, they are all wrong, WE are all wrong. WE let them get away with the things that THEY do. WE are no longer policing them, THEY are policing US.

I among others already knew of this L/R paradigm, hense why we are registered independants. But even that does not matter because the Independantsare ALSO part of that L/R paradigm, but we didnt see this at first, well at least I didnt.

Watch the Video. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Lol. I loved it. I liked your old avatar, it made me think of Tom Robbins. Anyway, I have my reply to you which is also sung to the tune of a Queen song.

We're the Great Satan ( sung to the tune of We are the Champions)

Were waving our flags
and think that we're free
We make a fortune off of war and everything that goes with it
- That's democracy
Biological warfare
Guantanamo too
You disagree with our agenda we'll waterboard you

We're the Great Satan, my friends
And we'll start a war that never ends
God's on vacation one big corporation
No time for peace now cause we're the Great Satan
Of the world

We're using you
time after time
we can't be convicted
We've hidden our crimes
and our plastic faith
distorted and skewed
We're using God and Jesus just like we're using you

We''re the Great Satan my friends
And we'll start a war that never ends
Yes, Armageddon - it's straight where we're headin'
No time for losers cause we're the Great Satan

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Good job
it's good to see someone else on ATS with a funny bone. I think it's funny to show the insanity that is our political system in parody song form.

Some it seems, just don't have that spark.

(also, I have noticed before that if you have a woman in your avatar, many members seem to be less argumentative if they disagree with your post.)

[edit on 3/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thanks WhatUkno, I actually recorded a version of that. I'll see if I can't put it up on my profile later. I really enjoy doing song parodies, it seems to be my therapy

top topics

join