It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will we tell our sons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Mods, I'm sorry 'cause I don't know if this is the right forum. I'm really not sure if ATS is the correct place to put something like this and if it get removed then it is my fault.

If memory serves me it was around 2005 when I first found this site and since then it has been my absolute favorite stop on the internet. What I am attempting to address is how are we going to explain the current state of affairs to the next generation? So I pose to you the following:

What will we tell our sons when they ask “what is freedom?”
Will we say that freedom is a man’s right to choose what he feels is best?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why do we have no choice?”
Will we say its because we allowed the government to choose for us?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why is there never enough food to eat?”
Will we say that we have no money to purchase any food?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why is everyone so afraid?”
Will we say its because our government has usurped The Constitution?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “what is The Constitution?”
Will we say that in the past it established the limits of government and scope of law?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why did we allow this to happen?”
What will we say, that we were all cowards?

P.S.- I'm not planning on doing any harm to anyone big brother.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Good question.
I wonder though, what are you planning on telling the daughters??

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You clearly live in a different country than me! I’m guessing you are from the US.

Originally posted by budaruskie
What will we tell our sons when they ask “what is freedom?”

Tell them to travel. Go to China, Iran and a couple of other wind-blown wonderlands then come back and you will see what “freedom” is. Learn that people are free within the context of acceptable human norms, so you are “free” to spray graffiti on the side of that government building, but then you should pay the consequences because it is anti-social. Similarly, you are free to participate in political action, or create your own political group if you so chose, but others are free to ignore you.

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why do we have no choice?”

You do have a choice. Just because the choice is limited does not mean there is no choice. If you don’t like the choice then change it, but again others may chose to ignore you.

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why is there never enough food to eat?”

There is unless you live in a country with problems or one which does not have a half decent “Welfare State”. Again, get your son to travel (a few countries in Africa including a couple where malnutrition is common place will do) and that will open his eyes and stop his complaining.

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why is everyone so afraid?”

Are they? Not here they aren’t. Again, travel is the key. Get mugged at machete-point in Lagos to learn the real meaning of the word “fear”.

Will we say its because our government has usurped The Constitution?

Oh, which Constitution would this be? I assume you mean the US one. Have they?

What will we tell our sons when they ask “what is The Constitution?”

Tell them to Google it. Make sure you specify the country as many have a “Constitution”. Also, make sure they learn the history and not to rely on Wikipedia pr ATS for their worldview.

What will we tell our sons when they ask “why did we allow this to happen?”

Allow what to happen? Has the US Constitution been usurped? We mainly hear about the “right to bear arms” bit and as far as I can see the average US citizen seems to be armed to the teeth.

Regards

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Just let them watch brave heart or something!

But seriously, After the generation of idiots have died off in this society it is the next ones who have the power to change everything!

People are aware of the situation and are starting to fight back within the media! Don't worry... We won't be slaves for much longer!

top topics

join