It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian Abductions are Real!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
biofort.blogspot.com...

30 cases of avian abduction!!

So Scott Maruna reports that the most famous avian abduction victim was subject to severe ridicule in his small town, including several dead birds left on his doorstep:

biofort.blogspot.com...

Even a dead eagle was left for him.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don’t know enough about the subject to post an in-depth reply yet, but I enjoyed the blog entry you posted, and it has me googling to find out more.

The Marlon Lowe case is really interesting.

More people may see or come into contact with these creatures than we think, but they fear the ridicule you mention in the OP, so they don’t report it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In New Zealand, there used to be eagles large enough to prey on humans. The Haast's eagle could measure up to a 2.6 metre wingspan. Due to the fact that there were no ground predators to compete with the eagle, it did not have to fly off with its kill. Therefore, it could afford to kill larger prey that was too big to carry off.

I am not sure I believe that there are giant eagles attacking (successfully) anything other than very small children, but anything is possible, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Sure, a large eagle or other large bird could likely kill a person. But, for a bird to be able to carry off even a small child, the bird would have to be beyond monstrous in size. No real evidence that I have seen for any birds carrying off any people.

The New Zealand thing is rather interesting though.

On another note, the link posted isn't all that factual. They provide no sources for the "accounts". Also, it wasn't unknown for reporters to make up sensational stories back then...still happens now...

[edit on 19-3-2010 by MrDudle]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

This is probably the most famous case of a bird carrying off a child:

www.cryptozoology.com...

The case has been featured on MonsterQuest.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
For one thing people from that time weren't as prone to tall tails.
Life kept people to busy to be dreaming up crap to get in the papers.
So there's quite a large difference between," my son floated off in a helium UFO" in 2009 and "Little Nettie almost got carried off by an oversized eagle" in 1907.
Think how the shear number of these birds has dwindled since then.
All these accounts imo should exist and they are most likely
accurate.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Not everyone in 1907 would have been busy working. Industrial revolution was in full force. And reporters were known to sometimes make things up.

A bird of that size is silly. There has been no real evidence to suggest a giant monster bird that carries off children.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDudle
A bird of that size is silly. There has been no real evidence to suggest a giant monster bird that carries off children.

Hey back then people did not believe in giant octopuses, they ridiculed anyone who believed in this "monster of the sea" because no one could believe an octopus could reach such massive lengths that their eyeballs would be a tennis ball (Softball?) size with 8ft long tentacles. But now we find them and believe in them. which means its possible that there are giant birds out there and just because YOU say its silly does not mean it does not exist. We haven't seen everything this planet has to offer and it would be conceited to believe we have

join