It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandmother just found a Freemason Ring. Please look.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
meow meow meow meow

disregard this post. in its place take this photo of a hippo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2892b3fcbee.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Doc Tesla]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'd write the date it was found and the exact location on an envelope, put the ring in it, go the nearest lodge and hand it to whoever is there to greet you. It will probably be a high ranking millionaire that will think you're cool.

Those guys might overhear somebody bitching about losing his ring. Or they might just interrupt their power-brokering meeting to announce:

''Oy! Some bloke with a zinc and vitamin B6 deficiency stole this ring from one of our own hard working brothers and then started feeling a bit remorseful so he baked us a cake with hundreds and thousands and brought 'em both 'round to apologize. Now wasn't that nice? But he had right dirty fingers that looked full of baby poo. So you're on your own if you get sick from it. And now on with the meeting and a discussion about rigging next week's gold quote....''

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree, that would be the best thing to do. The ring looks worn. It also appears to be broken. Or is it a ring that fits all, because the size is adjustable?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Nice Both my grand fathers are mason and never seen nor heard of them willing to do harm to others.

But this day and age to each their own I guess.

Sooo

A: Take the ring to a local pawn shop

B: Snag a Ebay sales

C: Turn it in to local lodge

D: Keep it for yourself and tell people your part of a "secret" organization

E: take it to a psychic see if they can "read" something

F: (Part of D) But tell people you were kidnapped and you escaped and the only thing you have as proof is " this ring"

G: Ask Grama who she mugged,

H: Sell it to a person after telling a story about conjuring daemons with it

I: smelt it

J: put it in a glass case in the corner of your room and ponder the wonders of the universe

K: K is nothing else "right now" with ideas of what to do with someones property that was found and now you possess

Other then that You can see what its made of and what you plan to do with it
what is the point of asking us when your mind is already made up?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Yeah! F! Tell a tabloid newspaper you got kidnapped and molested and you escaped and when you went to the bathroom this ring came out

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just wanted to ask, can everyone thumb bend like that? I can only bend mine like 5 degrees, the thumb in the photo is like 85 degrees. Am I retarded or something? Is it normal to have a straight thumb? This is really bugging me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Nice troll.

Nah, they wouldn't do anything.

They're greedy morons.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Double-jointed brah.

And they're hating on me because I have dirty fingers, psh, my thumb bends 100 degrees.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Hi Rev-2012, long time, no talk.

That ring is as common as the freemasonry sign on car license plates.

If it's real gold, then sell it

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Nah mate ... You missed the point.

But that's cool, because, as was already posted, you have already made up your mind.

So when you, if you, get a cash reward, please give the cash to your favourite charitable cause/s ... not including yourself ...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm not a troll.

I'm telling you, taking a lost and found ring to a lodge would be a great way to introduce yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It doesnt look like anything special, my roommate has a ring just like it that he wears all the time. I know many others who have them as well. A few of them are masons and a few arent. You can buy those rings at jewelry kiosks in malls.
It is more than likely gold by looking at it. The ones I have seen are usually gold and the lettering is done in stainless steel or titanium.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Shriner’s have been running free hospitals for children since 1922. When my cousin was in a Methodist hospital they charged full price even though her family had no insurance and lived below poverty. The Shriner's took her on as a patient and charged her nothing. The Shriner's in her town even helped raise the money to pay the Methodist hospital off.

My friend that is a general contractor and a Mason actually donated his company's time and money to help renovate an old hotel. So, what, you say. That hotel was being renovated to provide long term assistance for homeless people. It is now a place where the homeless can set up a physical address and live for up to nine months. During that time they can go out and find a job, take classes, get their G.E.D and improve their life. His company put the electrical, plumbing, and drywall in free of charge. He did it because otherwise it wouldn't have been built. Thanks in part to his contribution over three hundred homeless people have moved back in to normal society.

The difference between the Shriner's charity and the church's is usually pretty simple. The Shriner's usually shun the spot light. They don't give with an ulterior motive. They give to help others and not to do PR for them selves. The Shriner's I know raised $20,000 dollars last year to help buy band equipment for one of their local high schools. They raised nearly double that to pay for a child's heart surgery. They raised over $6,000 to buy supplies for care packages that went out to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. They raised thousands for The March of Dimes, The Children's Miracle Network, and the local food pantry. They also sent money and helped pay for doctors to provide medical car in Haiti.

As far as never seeing the Masons open their temple to the homeless goes; a lot of Mason's are church members. They work with in their church to raise money and fund such projects. You would be surprised how many Masons are working in and with various non profit organizations, every day.

When my grand mother was sick with Alzheimer's and my dad was in the hospital a Shriner's wife made sure she was watched after. They fixed her meals, sat with her, and helped her keep her accounts in order. When my father (who is in poor health) needs a ride to the next county for doctor's appointments it is a Shriner that takes him, when I can't.

No one in my family is a Mason. Yet, the Shriner's organization and Shriner's as individuals have never refused to help any one in my family. I have never seen them refuse to help their community when asked. I have never seen them turn away someone because they didn't agree with their teachings.

Are there bad Masons and Shriner's out there? With out a doubt. You have bad Christians, Muslims, Jews, or any other group. Corruption and greed can strike anywhere.

Of course you probably will never believe any of this. If you do believe it you won't accept it. You'll just say "yeah but those *holes at the top ruin it for everybody." Which, if you think about it is idiotic and close minded. That would be the same as condemning every American for the actions of the executive and legislative branch. The few at the top hardly ever represent the population as a whole.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The amount of Mason friendly people on this site is depressing.

Any Freemason here realize they are the funding and political
cause behind most of the crap that goes on in the world today.

I've seen threads claiming ATS is run by Freemasons. After seeing
the responses in this thread, I understand why.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza

Obviously you are going to give the ring back regardless of who the person is or how much reward you may or may not get.. right?

Obviously you are, because if you had lost that ring, you would want the person that found your ring to do the same ... right?

You are ... right?

Well if he says "I have your ring" then demands $5000 it is called extortion.

Extortion, outwresting, or exaction is a criminal offense which occurs when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion.

If he doesn't turn over the property the police can show up and force him to turn it over. Plus he could land in criminal court.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Apologies if the reply is off topic or the wrong question to ask but im just trying to learn. How to do become a freemason .. I understand if people do not wish to asnwer. Im just curious

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Its 10kt gold, Not worth much though. A pawn shop will only give you about 30 dollars for it, if that because they are very popular in pawn shops.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

According to the Grand Lodge of North Carolina:

One of the ancient landmarks of the fraternity is that it does not solicit new members. Many good men over the years have had their feelings hurt because close friends whom they knew to be Masons never invited them to join Freemasonry. They did not know, of course, that these close friends were prohibited by Masonic law from issuing such invitations. A man must seek Masonic membership of his own free will and accord.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have copied your photo and have sent it to my masonic brothers that are in the local police department. They are running your thumbprint on the APHIS system now.

I suggest you watch for a Masonic police officer shortly!

I am of course joking, but, you do realize I could get your thumbprint off your first photograph, maybe you should take it off and smudge your prints.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Get real, stop being so dramatic.

"Oh, the cops can come take it from you, you criminal. What a scoundrel you are, not trying to give it back to the first person who guesses what it is in the newspaper ad. You're going to hell! You're going to hell!"

Someone lost their ring, not a big deal. If I lose an item on the street, I expect it to be gone, no exceptions.

You know, your demeanor is disturbing. You and other folks claim it "probably came from a honest, dosh-garn good mason", and that he should try to return it. Then you get on, alluding to the fact that "the police can come get you" (oogity boogity), as if you are actually trying to threaten this man in the name of the Masons.

What a joke.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join