It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Modern Day Survival Party Is Real Thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In today's world you need money, and lots of it to survive in a super supreme kind of American way. Since with lots of money you can buy lots of things for a concrete survival technique. I suppose to come up good in survival it is going to require somehow obtaining lots of money to secure oneself, along with some others with you, for the present and hence into the future. With that said, I'm thinking about starting a big lottery party, where if one of us wins the jackpot, all of us wins the money dreak even. The thing is, is I want this party to be huge to increase our chance of winning big for survival reasons. For survival reasons in the modern world, this would be bright I think. As founder of the party, the members would all have to each just play/invest $10 worth in the game called "Powerball" for each time there is a drawing for it. But what think you? Would this be a cool way to survive in the modern world by coming up on a multi million with the aid of an entire lottery party?

Just a fun thought...

Wouldn't it be something if all ATS members became apart of such a party founded by me, and won one day sooner than later? How many members does ATS have? The Powerball game is up to 200 million. Someone kindly enough to be our mathmatition of the day go and divide that number of millions into the number of all the ATS members it is, and see how much we'd get a peice.

By the way, I recently won the mega million lotto twice in a row. Only won $3 bucks twice though. Can't wait to win big, but with the aid of a party one is more likely to win the jackpot. I'm telling you in today's world a lottery jackpot party is realistic thinking. That money could grant you well being in a crisis if one SHTF situation came hurling your way. And you know I'm right. Money does come in handy as the wise saying goes.

Though, I figure I'd want just a 100 member party. That's 2 million a peice if the jackpot is 200 million before taxes. Take the lump sum option, and it would be lesser but still good.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Tormentations]

Hey, who needs the democrat party when you can have a lottery party. Instead of big government, how about big money?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Okay, so you think we should all get together and blow thousands of dollars on the lotto, in an attempt to win millions, and then buy survival gear?

How about if we all just buy some survival gear, food, and whatnot, and see if we can survive the apocalypse?

That is what I am doing.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

But money ahead of the apaclypse would give you a good run on food and other supplies. Wouldn't you think? You'd have more survival options via big money in the first place before the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
according to the memberlist there are 165951 members as of now.
so 200million/165951 comes to $1205 (actually $1205.17) per person before taxes not much heh?
now lets say it takes the party 1 year to win it, so each person will spend $10*52weeks =$502, so you spend $502 get $1205 profit is just $703 per person I guess you could raise that amount yourself, no?

A much better idea is to form a community (the whole ATS could not form one ) but people in smaller countires could form one and in bigger countries it could be 1 per state. 1 very very trusted person (ats admin?, a local hero?) would be appointed as the leader. and people pay him $10/week instead of playing the lottery and he spends that money to create a "safehouse" with enough stuff in/around it to allow his members to stay there once SHTF.
This would do 2 things, first it will give a bigger pool of resources so the bunker or whatever is created can be stronger/safer and whatnot. and secondly when things do go downhill you will have a lot more people in one place to protect your resources. so dealing with a few thugs who want to steal your stuff should not be a problem.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
A much better idea is to form a community (the whole ATS could not form one ) but people in smaller countires could form one and in bigger countries it could be 1 per state. 1 very very trusted person (ats admin?, a local hero?) would be appointed as the leader. and people pay him $10/week instead of playing the lottery and he spends that money to create a "safehouse" with enough stuff in/around it to allow his members to stay there once SHTF.
This would do 2 things, first it will give a bigger pool of resources so the bunker or whatever is created can be stronger/safer and whatnot. and secondly when things do go downhill you will have a lot more people in one place to protect your resources. so dealing with a few thugs who want to steal your stuff should not be a problem.

I kind of like the way that sounds.

Star for the creativity.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Recruiting

Closing

Thank you

Semper

[edit on 3/13/2010 by semperfortis]

top topics

join