It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting High Without Drugs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks SkyFloating,

An Excellent Thread, as usual!

I to like you and many through history find Water to be an excellent background to meditate to.

Haven given this some thought before as to why it allows a quicker access to deeper states of mind, or relaxation. As the logical or "beta" mind is always looking for patterns, and links, to label things when we listen to such things as running water as the sound is unpredictable and a type of Chaos, with no reoccurring (as apposed to the hypnotic repetition of say drum beats) events within that aural soundscape, the brain is unable to find or latch onto anything that it knows is about to happen.

Listening to that type of sound the mind can’t find the patterns and project itself into the future or discern and analyse try and make sense of what was just heard. Therefore I think this helps us to be more in the now, and to relax the "Critical Discerning" mind, the Left brain aspect of ourselves, and more readily access the subconscious or just naked awareness of the now.

I didn’t know Tina Turner was an adept chanter, very interesting and good it was on a major MSM outlet, I am sure her openness and Letterman’s for that fact will facilitate some to try this or explore this more.

As said by sky and others chanting/sound is probably the oldest type of meditation and ways to access other experiences. There are many different types indeed. I have uploaded before to ATS a Tibetan Buddhist Monk explaining how to chant and use ancient sacred sounds properly, and their benefits and uses.

ATS Media Group "Spirituality & Enlightenment"

They are below and it would be very interesting to see any members experiences if following his instructions.

Part 1 Chanting for Health: Introduction & AH

(click to open player in new window)

Part 2 Chanting AH

Part 3 Chanting OM

Part 4 Chanting Hung

Part 5 Chanting RAM

I personally have had some very powerful experiences whilst listening to Master Chanter Lama Tashi and his Tara Meditation, esp if the mantra is written down as well. It is said to do this you should do 108 repetitions, or multiples thereof.

Following Master Tashi, chanting with him, leaving the video on repeat and writing the mantra down to for at least 108 repetitions (written) is very effective. Here is a PDF of the mantra the sacred symbols that go with it, and what it means, so if you follow this it is just not blindly so.:

Tara Mantra PDF Doc

My personal favourite that I have ever come across though is harmonic chanting by monks who after creating a Sand Mandala invoke the energy of compassion to be present and tough the earth plane, before destroying the mantra, to signify all things even bad karma are "Empty" or don’t last forever, and therefore real change, enlightenment is possible for ordinary people like you and me, it is amazing and very hypnotic.

They do this prayer chant and offer the Mandala to compassion at the end:
*Snip*
Thanks all for your own inputs and experiences, I have really enjoyed this and also sharing your experiences, learnt much.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 14-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

[edit on 3/14/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
I noticed the google result page for "ATS" has gotten high today.

Anyway i just want to ask does being on 'cloud 9' mean your really high ?

Most ATSers where probably googling ATS to figure out the 503 error while it was down.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
TO THE OP - ISOTONES - Try these, they work well.

Scroll down to the astral projection one, download that one, and put it on high with headphones on. Make sure the beats work between both sides of the headphones, so it creates the frequency in your brain.

Listen to that one for a good 20 minutes, it'll put you on a trip. As well will with the other ones.

One you try that, you can go on to binaural techno beats, where the beats are hidden in the music. That will bring you to delta waves.

I forgot to mention, there is also iDoser. Where you can choose the actual drug you'd like the sound to replicate a high for. You can choose any drug there is, and there is a sound file for the high. These don't work as well, as actual binaural beats and iso-tones.

ALPHA FREQUENCY -

[edit on 14-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All of this just depends on what your definition of "being high" is?
Being high from a substance like drugs, or just high on life, just happy and in a great mood.
You could also say it is just escaping the world around us for a while in your mind is in a way could be said to be on a high. Video games, movies, books, music kind of do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

Part of the feel good feelings from getting high, are simply the altering of states. Switching up what state your in. Sometimes, it's not just about the reward chemicals, it's the changing states. So, if you can do it safely with sound, it's a good way to relax without the same dangers as using an actual substance.

And of course, you could always just put a happy song on, if you're not actually into altering you're brainwaves.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, isn't there scripture in the bible that warns against "repetative prayer"?

Ah, found something.

Matthew 6:7

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words"

Her "prayer" sounded like empty phrases to me.

It also creeped me out.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Blender]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Why exactly would that mean anything? We aren't all christian.

Especially since repetitive prayer is a buddhist thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Recently I read a book titled " Healthy Pleasures" by Robert Ornstein, Ph.D. and David Sobel, M.D. There are some good ideas on how to tap into that pleasure center in your brain.
As for me, my favorite natural highs are:

After a session of Bikram or Hot room yoga.

After a deep tissue massage.

After a dangerous mountainbiking ride (adrenaline) or running (the Runner's high).

The smell of wet creosote and earth after a Monsoon storm in the desert.

The smell of citrus tree blossoms or jasmine while walking through my neighborhood.

The smell of my girlfriend's hair and neck. (Pheromones I suspect).

It's even better when I listen to House music. It takes my mind to a different place and time:

Interestingly, someone mentioned humans being linked to the Moon. As a kid I would sit down "Indian" style just inside the front door and would stare at the Moon as it rose from the east. This would put in me in a kind of trance.
I must have been an odd kid back then...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by murphyhurtme

how is that gross?
she was a model. Nothin gross about that.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I have binaural beats that target the brain area that '___' targets. It's an app on my ipod touch called Mindfreek, digital drugs, it has about 8 beats in it, but I'm sure it will update with more. It's 1.99. That's just one of the many ways, I'm sure. The way you feel after running or doing a lot of physical activity can be made by the binuaral beat "crazy high" on the app.

Im a doubter of binaural beats being able to imitate Drugs without any placebo-effect being in place. Do you really have different effects depending on which type of binaural you play? Because to me they all seem the same (they all seem to produce a slight spaced-out feeling but nothing more)

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
another good one is bungy jumping. I

I agree - even many years later its still sometihng I can feel a rush about by merely remembering it.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I always wanted to use a sensory deprivation tank. I think that would be neat having that feeling of floating. Anyone have any personal experiences with that?

Hundreds of Hours of experience. Once you get used to it and understand its merits its the best thing ever. Since you're floating weightless there is no body-resistance and since there is nothing to see, there is no visual resistance. In that way you just drop everyting go into deep Meditation. The deeper you go without falling asleep, the more altered your state becomes.

After a 2-hour trip I get out and its as if the sidewalks are made of marshmellows and there is a buffer of cloud between you and harsh sounds or traffic. Colours shine differently.

And all that from doing nothing

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You can't doubt Binaural Beats. They are real and exist, they are never even up for questioning. You can easily try them yourself.

Yes, you have Binaural Beats that create alpha waves, theta waves, and delta waves.

Try this to start with ALPHA WAVES! JUPITER

Sounds of the storms on Jupiter, mixed with Binaural Beats that will create an alpha wave frequency in your brain. Listen to this whole thing on headphones, by the end of it, you will be in an alpha state, and will begin to feel relaxation about half-way through.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Singing - If I'm alone and in the mood to sing, I can get SO high! It's exhilarating!

Favourite activity in the Car. I get weird stares when I get too happy.

Breathing in the fur of a dog - Something about the smell of my dogs makes me high. It's best to take 3 full breaths through the nose.

Thanks for sharing your private secret techniques

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus
I don't condone the use of drugs like '___'. Those drugs do open the doorway of the mind, but they force the door open and can cause damage. Also the door slams shut so it can lead to some instability and fear. And although it takes you a place higher, you are still under the influence and potentially not in perfect balance or judgment. In a sense this is a peak into these realms. But we cannot distict them from the mind and body to the reality or experience. If your using certain drugs for therapy and healing of the mind, that is a totally different and opposite thing, however, the trick becomes to find when you feel healed enough to continue without the needs or desire's of that substance, and unfortantley often times it leads to decay from abuse, and that goes back to why we started using it in the first place. It does not fix the problem, it can only show you the way, if you are able to take its advice and follow through, then you no longer need it. And you realise you never needed it. In the long run, its not good for your soul. MJ is good for knocking the pendulum in motion, but its up to you to keep that motion alive.

Trying things like to enjoy life can be the height of our spiritual existance. To find what we can do, and not what others expect us to do. And to enjoy every bit of it. Music is the seat of the soul.

I agree.

The real problem with drugs is obviously addiction.
Millions of people drink coffee every day.
Millions of people take prescription drugs every day.

Most of the time people who are addicted aren’t taking the drug to get high but rather taking it to stay normal; and this is probably the most dangerous drug habit.

Taking a drug for recreational use is healthy as long as it is done in moderation in relation to the intensity of the drug.

For example, bungee jumping is a lot of fun but it would probably be unhealthy to bungee jump a dozen times a day for a couple years.
In contrast, using lots of salt and sugar everyday for years is definitely extremely unhealthy but is it really that much fun to eat salt and sugar?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by Skyfloating

You can't doubt Binaural Beats. They are real and exist, they are never even up for questioning. You can easily try them yourself.

Anything is up for questioning. Ive tried binaural beats, including Hutchinson, Hemi-Sync, Holosync and a few more.

Meanwhile I can stay awake not only in an Alpha State but also in Theta and Delta - thanks to normal Meditation.

Im not dismissing binaural, just questioning.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
watching clouds,

Thats a good one, especially while hearing waves. Many dont know this because they wont just lie there for HOURS.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Singing in the car...so long as there are no passengers...why inflict such torture on an innocent? But hey, I like it...

Walking to some place I've never been, and seeing something I've never seen before...

The cry of a loon...haunting, yet it touches something within me that I really like. Can't explain it any better than that.

The ocean. I can sit on a driftwood log and just watch the water...I've spent hours doing it. ...and I feel so good afterward.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Yeah John Sloan? is facing 72 years in prison for selling plants with '___' in it.... so you gotta go to South America to increase the '___' levels -- or else ultrasound ionization of your lower body serotonin will enable the vague nerve to bypass the blood brain barrier through the endothelial cells thereby naturally increasing '___' via the serotonin-melotonin pathway. That's meditation and it's not illegal.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Punk Rock is the 1-4-5 power chords writ large -- the universal music in all cultures is the 1-4-5 music intervals and in nonwestern music the 1-4-5 resonates as the "infinite spiral of fifths"

www.spiritandflesh.com...

Here's the visual model for the 12 notes of the music scale as the 12 energy centers practiced as the scale of the full energy spectrum for alchemy or "muck and magic" -- punk means muck or rotten -- turning the waste back into sunlight as gold energy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join