It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting High Without Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Lets face it, getting High, feeling High and staying High is the prime motive of every Human. Underlying the desire for Love, Money, Food, God, Enlightenment, Sex, Music or whatever else, is the Desire to feel something, to feel improvement, to feel energy, to be in good spirits.

This thread is to learn of various ways you get High without Drugs. That includes Alcohol, Pharmaceuticals and Tobacco. Getting High Drugs usually involves stimulation of sight, sound, touch, taste or smell, physical movement or spiritual techniques. Here are just five examples:

Chanting

Chanting means repetitive singing, toning or voicing of various souns, prayers, scriptures and mantras. Every ancient culture knew Chanting, hence there are many different variations and ways to Chant. Go to 3:00 of this Video to see Tina Turner gradually get High as a Kite from Buddhist Intonation:

Audio & Visual Stimulation

Colors, Sounds and their Interplay can get you High. Its what happens when you get lost in Art, Lost in Music or something alters your perception. The following website can explain it better than me:

Get High Now

Sports, Dancing, Performing

These are soe of the conventional ways of getting High.

Sports people know about sometimes "being in the zone", "being in the flow". When this happens they have the impression that time slows down or that one can out-perform ones wildest dreams or that everything looks brighter and more colourful.
This happening probably has something to do with extreme mental focus coupled with physical exertion, leading to an altered high-performance-state beyond normal.

Dance can lead to Trance and eventually loosing oneself in the music. Performing in front of crowds and getting all the attention/energy from the crowds can lead to magnificent Highs.

Meditation

There are many thousand different kinds of Meditations, including breathing Meditations, Thinking Meditations, Focussing Meditations, Releasing Meditations, Visualizing Meditations, Religious Meditations, Moving Meditations, some of which can make one High above and beyond the imaginable.

The reason I depict a waterfall here is because I particularly like meditating at waterfalls. The white-noise has an immediate calming and mind-cleansing effect.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32e3c24490f7.jpg[/atsimg]

One favourite meditative Get-High-Method of mine are Floation Tanks. You go in those and are weightless, sightless, soundless. After about one hour deep peace and tranquility set in. After about 2 hours of being in there you're in an altered state, sometimes so much so that you perceive and feel things youve never perceived and felt before.

There are hundreds of things that come to mind on this topic but Id like to listen to what you guys do to higher state before I go on.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have binaural beats that target the brain area that '___' targets. It's an app on my ipod touch called Mindfreek, digital drugs, it has about 8 beats in it, but I'm sure it will update with more. It's 1.99. That's just one of the many ways, I'm sure. The way you feel after running or doing a lot of physical activity can be made by the binuaral beat "crazy high" on the app.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I like to go for a long run....
I always feel really good afterwards, and during as well, particularly when I get "2nd wind", you can actually feel when that happens. It's like the body is using some sort of reserve strength that is not normally there.

another good one is bungy jumping. I did it once, and i was nervous all day thinking about it. By the time i was out on the platform looking 150 down, i was pretty scared, but they count you down so you pretty much have to jump. You can't stand there like some sissy. Crazy thing is....as soon as you're in the air something happens. Your fear completely goes away, it's pretty euphoric. It all instantly goes away, it's like your body and mind give up and resolve themselves to the fact that you're falling 150 ft to your death. It's actually an awesome feeling and I recommend it to anyone. After that me and my friends went out, had a huge dinner, drank like fish, danced all night, then had sex a few times(all which are other forms of a high)....it's like after bungy jumping you feel invincible the high really doesn't go away for the rest of the day.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I tried finding those Mind Freek binaural beat downloads but not much luck -- this one has some nice New Age background -- not sure how binaural beat it is but such is the claim:

www.sleepphones.com...

Some of these binaural beat downloads are so annoying -- just two high pitched electronic frequencies close together -- gives you a headache.

Still I just sit in full lotus.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
chocolates a natural high too releases the good chemicals in the brain. always works for me!

you can get natural highs by other ways but i am not going to mention it in case people die doing it, think derren browns done it on tv to walk over glass

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by Phlynx

I tried finding those Mind Freek binaural beat downloads but not much luck -- this one has some nice New Age background -- not sure how binaural beat it is but such is the claim:

www.sleepphones.com...

Some of these binaural beat downloads are so annoying -- just two high pitched electronic frequencies close together -- gives you a headache.

Still I just sit in full lotus.

www.youtube.com...

The mindfreek one is all low notes, so it's not bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
maybe give us a link for a free download of mind freeks?

That sleepphones I got going now the 30 minutes one -- also low notes 2 of them close frequency but then covered over with white noise. Not bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

chocolates....hmmm...with some cheese, almonds, and single malt scotch....good combo....throw in that chick that you have as your avatar pic and I'd be high for a week.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
somethings that get me high...

lovemaking,
playing dancing or listening to music,
physical activity especially say soccer where there is a ball involved and that feeling of getting in the zone with other people,
Bush walking,
Catching waves, getting tubed.

writing ( especially when getting in the zone and the writing is coming form somewhere else)
reading
meditating
Sun Gazing

man, there are more Natural highs than I can poke a stick at!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
maybe give us a link for a free download of mind freeks?

That sleepphones I got going now the 30 minutes one -- also low notes 2 of them close frequency but then covered over with white noise. Not bad.

I don't know if there is a free download, and if there is, it's probably illegal.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great thread, my thing has always been water, grew up on a lake and have related to that all my life, there is nothing like being on the bow of a boat on Lake Huron, it really does take you away, you become one with the water.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Nah - - it's call common creative license -- for educational use only -- free sharing is not illegal if you are not paying which makes it pirate.

Of course if the copyright does not want free sharing then they state NO REPRODUCTION AT ALL like James McCanney's website. This seems silly since it means you can not even copy and paste excerpt quotes.

I'm anticopyright myself and have all my research online for free.

Anyway that one binaural beat didn't do anything for me but this stuff is very beginners level. I already tested out HemiSync -- the full lotus third eye training over rides it since the third eye electromagnetic action is more powerful.

Check out springforestqigong.com... -- the testimonials, the Mayo Clinic research on qigong, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Binaural Beats - and iso tones, are the easiest way to get high on sound alone.

They work very well.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm usually unaware up to a point I feel like I'm floating humming or singing and it feels like everything is easy, flowing from point to point. The idea butterflies as if I'm in love.

The only stupid thing is that it's totaly random and I usually become aware of it because someone gives me a weird look PAF... just like that.
An overall feeling of happiness to a point I can almost shout it out to the world.

It can be caused by everything. Besides this I really feel high after any workout.Making love only gets me high if it's with a true love.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This thread is to learn of various ways you get High without Drugs. That includes Alcohol, Pharmaceuticals and Tobacco. Getting High Drugs usually involves stimulation of sight, sound, touch, taste or smell, physical movement or spiritual techniques. Here are just five examples:

Cool thread.

The funny thing about "drug" is the label is really a social construct...

Is coffee a drug? Well caffeine certainly is...
Drinking coffee was viewed as doing a drug at some points in history.
What about sugar and salt?
Most people have built up a tolerance to sugar but it is certainly a psychoactive drug to a young child.

What about fatty foods?
You know the sedated feeling one gets from eating lots of meat?

What about television?

When you think about it objectively the term drug is really a social construct.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OdovacarDvilhelm

Actually we can hear ultrasound but only internally -- it's the highest pitch heard externally. Piezoelectric transduction is ultrasound -- the frequency of bone resonance creates electromagnetic fields. So ultrasound is the secret -- and natural resonance -- using nonwestern music without logarithmic tuning - will have the overtones resonate into ultrasound via the complementary opposite harmonics of the 1-4-5 notes -- as yin-yang-emptiness dynamics or the Pythagorean Tetrad of 1:2:3:4.

I have a blog on this subject naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

So sitting in full lotus activates the ultrasound which then ionizes the serotonin in the lower body and through the vagus relaxation nerve of the parasympathetic system the pineal gland is activated as a photoelectric transducer and transmitter. Alchemy.

I went 8 days on half glass of water but was never hungry nor thirsty and increased my electromagnetic energy so I did healing, had telepathy, telekinesis, precognition. springforestqigong.com... is the master of this - Chunyi Lin went 49 days without food, water and sleep in full lotus in a cave in China through qigongmaster.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yes when the heart opens up that's the strongest electromagnetic transmitter so then it turns into light via the pineal gland -- called the "rainbow vortex of reality" -- hence the butterfly images.

Butterfly meditation is very powerful.

I have an article on this called the Secret of Psychic Music Healing:

www.mind-energy.net...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

rave music gets me happy!!
the bounce in the tune probably

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Right the heart beat is the same FREQUENCY as the RHYTHM of the dance beat -- it's also the DREAM rhythm of the brain -- 12 beats per second or so.

So when you have fast drumming in multi-rhythm syncopation that opens up the heart as the electromagnetic healing.

The Bushmen culture were the dominant humans from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE and the whole thing was based on trance dancing as alchemical healing.

LOVE is electromagnetic through natural resonance energy.

You got it. naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... is my blog on this.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I always wanted to use a sensory deprivation tank. I think that would be neat having that feeling of floating. Anyone have any personal experiences with that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join