It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea warrior

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Sea warrior

www.smh.com.au

Paul Watson tells ALEX McCLINTOCK why he won't give up fighting for the whales. 'It's kind of like us going to another planet, finding another intelligent life form and killing them for oil.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
G'day

Here is my latest update from the Oz press regarding the appalling Japanese whaling that continues south of Oz.

The Sydney Morning Herald
March 14 2010

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f68f1379b92e.jpg[/atsimg]
‘‘I don’t see myself retiring, ever’’ ... Paul Watson aboard his ship the Robert Hunter. Photo: Peter Mathew

'I've never feared for my life. I don't know why. Maybe it's a feeling of denial or maybe being able to appreciate the danger," captain Paul Watson says, his voice lighting up.

You get the distinct impression that it's the latter. The president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society has certainly faced his fair share of perils, and recounts tales of derring-do with glee.

Watson excitedly describes how 30 drunken sealers kicked in his hotel room door while he was protesting the Canadian seal hunt in 1995.

"They were all standing there ready to attack me and all I could think of was: 'I'm not going to give in to these guys.' One of them came at me and punched me in the side of the head, so I took him down with a stun gun. Another came in from the other side and I took him out. That confused them so much that the police were able to get in and get them off me."

You know.....

I admire this guy

Nobody else seems to be doing anything to stop this appalling practice.

More power to Watson & his team!

.....& meanwhile.....the governments of the world do nothing.....& the whales keep getting murdered.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

SnF, whaling should be banned completely, but it's a contentious kettle of fish. I could add a second line to affront the T&Cs, but won't...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

G'day Kandinsky

You gotta love Watson.....

He gets attacked by 30-40 psycho's & so he just tazers a few of them.

That's a hard man!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Balls of steel for a noble cause...he does what his government is too afraid to do.

Cool guy!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

G'day Kandinsky

That's a hard man!

Watson is a high seas "pirate" who needs to be destroyed like all pirates....sent to the bottom of the ocean...........every navy on the planet should be gunning for these morons......blow them out of the water....

There is no difference between somali pirates and these lowlifes...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
it's too bad there aren't more of these people in the world. we as a species destroy without knowledge hundreds, thousands, MILLIONS!, BILLIONS!!!!!!!!, of types of animals but we don't care. these beautiful cetaceans get killed, but the governments do nothing and leave men like this, the most noble men on eath, in my opinion, to fight for them. we need more passionate people in the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

G'day Kandinsky

That's a hard man!

Watson is a high seas "pirate" who needs to be destroyed like all pirates....sent to the bottom of the ocean...........every navy on the planet should be gunning for these morons......blow them out of the water....

There is no difference between somali pirates and these lowlifes...

G'day heliosprime

Really.....?

You believe Watson's just a "lowlife" & a "moron" who is akin to a "Somali pirate" & he should be "destroyed" & "sent to the bottom of the ocean"?

I would be keen to hear your further justification of that, in the context of his work to stop whales from being murdered.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I would be keen to hear your further justification of that, in the context of his work to stop whales from being murdered.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Point already made.....only humans can be murdered.......

But when you have a ship on the high seas attacking another vessel as watson does as seen on TV.....that is in fact an act of piracy......

Maritime piracy, according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of 1982, consists of any criminal acts of violence, detention, rape, or depredation committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or aircraft that is directed on the high seas against another ship, aircraft, or against persons or property on board a ship or aircraft. Piracy can also be committed against a ship, aircraft, persons, or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state, in fact piracy has been the first example of universal jurisdiction. Nevertheless today the international community is facing many problems in bringing pirates to justice.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

G'day heliosprime

I'm aware of all that you have just posted.

Now.....

I've just had a quick peek at some of your threads as per your profile page.

Whilst it seems we share some in-common thinking regarding some issues.....

I disagree with you 100% on this one......I think you are being extremely uncaring about the whole whaling thing......extremely!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

isnt this the guy they took the p!$$ out of on southpark for being a douche?>

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler

isnt this the guy they took the p!$$ out of on southpark for being a douche?>

G'day hans kammler

Almost certainly.....

Along with Mel Gibson, George Clooney, Barbara Striesand, Michael Jackson, Jesus, George Bush, George Michael, the Pope, Tony Blair, etc.... etc..... etc....

Have a look on YT for the South Park dolphins & whales episode....I won't post a link because of the language.....hilarious!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Lets look at it like this, guys.

He does stand up for something that he believes in, and makes a living while doing so. Thats more than alot of us can say.

Secondly, even if the show is a sham and it is made only to make a profit...awareness has still be raised about the issue. Alot of people had no idea that this kind of thing goes on.

Pirate?? I wouldnt say that. It's not like he is boarding the ship, killing people and looting. breaking laws? maybe. pirate? hardly.

And lastly, one day humanity will realize the horrible mistake it had made in killing the animals for all of the numerous reasons.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

That's a good point. I personally knew that the practice of whaling existed, but I had NO IDEA about how bad it was until just recently. I had never heard of this particular guy until the South Park episode. Obviously I was given a not-quite-flattering impression of him, that's South Park for ya!

But given the context, he was portrayed as a douche because he wasn't doing enough. The message was that we all need to do more. Hence, that episode has Stan (or was it Kyle?) actually MURDERING the Japanese whalers, blowing up their ship etc. That got the point across, more needs to be done.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Point already made.....only humans can be murdered.......

But when you have a ship on the high seas attacking another vessel as watson does as seen on TV.....that is in fact an act of piracy......

Maritime piracy, according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of 1982, consists of any criminal acts of violence, detention, rape, or depredation committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or aircraft that is directed on the high seas against another ship, aircraft, or against persons or property on board a ship or aircraft. Piracy can also be committed against a ship, aircraft, persons, or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state, in fact piracy has been the first example of universal jurisdiction. Nevertheless today the international community is facing many problems in bringing pirates to justice.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting...especially considering SS has never been found guilty in a court of law until now. But I guess we should take your word rather than facts. Just like you want us make believe that Muslims are "vile" and that if we don't follow the scriptures of the old testament, Satan will get us

You should also note that since SS is operating in the Southern Pacific, no one has been harmed (apart from some crew members of Ady Gil when the Japs rammed them).

The Japanese are using a loophole in the IWC rules, and blatantly abuse that loophole. No "research" requires the killing of over 1000 whales!!

So...GO "PIRATES"!!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's not like this boat sails from Port Royal or berths at the Isla-de-Meurta

If it was a clear cut simple case then this boat would have been seized the first time it returned to harbour. While I do agree with some that the actions can be easily viewed as illegal, the undeniable fact is that somebody has to force accountability.

At some point this guy will be killed at sea on jailed on land. Either action will martyr him, probably why nothing has been done to stop him so far.

Nothing personal against the Japanese, but they do have some questionable practices (like most nations)...and they know it. Look at all the effort that was expended to keep the dolphin slaughter from ever being reported: That is not the action of a clean conscious.

I applaud him for having the conviction not to sit by and accept something he can act against.

Government and Industry have become an entity unto themselves. Immune from the morality of the people and serving the almighty dollar and nothing else. We see over and over on this site, people constantly stating that something needs to be done.

Well here it is.

When companies work hand in hand with government to circumvent either the law or basic morality then they have to be fought on the same terms. Perhaps if there was more of this type of action then we would see companies actually considering the greater good, if for no other reason than they know they will be exposed otherwise.

Crying from the sidelines may provide a soundbyte, but it accomplishes nothing tangible.

EDIT: Spelling and Form

[edit on 13-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is BS on an epic scale because 90-95% of Japanese can't stand whale. It tastes like fatty crap and most won't eat it. Furthermore the whole whaling thing was started after WWII by MacArthur (then head of US occupation forces in Japan). He decided it would be a good protien source for the population.www.time.com... ,8599,1971807,00.html?xid=rss-topstories-cnnpartner
In actuality, the Japanese are standing pat on this moreso because of the upcoming ban on Blue Tuna, a species facing complete collapse w/o it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The Sea Shepard and groups like them, are heroes. They are headed home now after 3 months of harassing the ruthless Japaneses killing fleet and saving some whales.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

You compare him to Somali pirates which is interesting given the reason they are pirating the ships. So if someone was dumping toxic waste in your neighborhood or overfishing your local rivers/lakes for profit only, you wouldn't fight back? That's the difference between this man and most people is he actually stands for something. Your wrong and the only ones who should be at the bottom of the ocean are the Corporate profiteers.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf

The Sea Shepard and groups like them, are heroes. They are headed home now after 3 months of harassing the ruthless Japaneses killing fleet and saving some whales.

One of them is not headed home.

He is going to need a good lawyer.
article.wn.com...

I understand those Japanese jails are not fun places.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join