It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.0 new zealand qauke x2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
looks like mother nature is getting violent
Earthquake
State: Woodville County
Date: 2010-03-13 : 19:55:08
Magnitude: 5.0
Depth: 7 km
hisz.rsoe.hu...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is no need to post every earthquake that happens. There are dozens of 4.0s-6.0s a day. It's not the earth going wild, it's just that you are being more observant of what is happening.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I suggest looking for the 'quake watch' thread and posting this info there.
There are TONS of mini-quakes that happen like this, all the time... threads are normally good for bigger quakes and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

so what happens if there is a bigger quake in store and everybody is blind to it?,
i have my assumes on what are worrying quakes and what are not.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by Phlynx

so what happens if there is a bigger quake in store and everybody is blind to it?,

Like what was posted above, there is a quake watch thread for that reason. There is also a volcano watch thread. Posting threads about earthquakes, in my opinion, should be reserved for 7.0s or above. I was a new member once to, and I had the same problem with posting about earthquakes as you do.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Quake Watch 2010

Volcano Watch 2010

The big focus of the moment on quake watch is the fault near Oregon which is known to have some of the biggest quakes in history.

If you are interested in quakes, and have firefox, get the Equake app.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

thanks im already on it

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I can assure you that no one on QuakeWatch 2010 will miss anything you post, or anything on VolcanoWatch 2010.

There are members on there regularly at pretty much all times of day and night.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

cool i know, i just don't like posting there though as a certain member keeps re opening different accounts to discredit me.... every time so i wont bother there

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sheeese guys just let jumpingbeanz post her topic,

two lines

[edit on 063131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by Phlynx

I can see your point, but I don't think pointing out every minor quake is going to prepare anyone for "the big one". It could just cloud the issue, as some people might think that these earthquakes are somehow signigicant or abnormal.

I live in NZ, and I can tell you that us kiwi's live in a very geologically active envioronment. We have many volcanoes, some active, and many earthquakes. I have personally felt at least 5 (and slept through more) over magnitude 5.0 and one over 6.0. And I can tell you there is a huge difference between a 5 and a 6.

When I was quite young, I was on the 8th floor of a Wellington office tower when a 6+ (can't remember exactly) struck. I was amazed, looking out across the road and seeing whole buildings bending and flexing. I was getting yelled at by some hysterical woman hiding under her desk, yet I was in a calm state, mesmerised by the quake's tremors.

So what I'm getting at, is quakes like the one in the OP are a regular occurence here. So while it is great to be aware of the risks of Earthquakes, pointing out quakes like this will not make you any less "blind" to the possibility of a big one than the next person.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
thanks for everyone for trolling the complete thread what would have been a discussion, except now it has been totally badgered.

there's nothing wrong with posting a thread about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I hope you're not honestly referring to my post as "trolling". I tried to add to the discussion by showing that this was not a significant quake for the region. I would be happy to discuss the topic, but you haven't provided anything else to discuss at this stage, so what is it you want to discuss?

Not trying to attack you or "troll", honestly. But what were you expecting from this thread?

top topics

join