It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treat kids like criminals so that they are used to the police state.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I cannot claim rights on finding this article, but it sums up the end game resulting from the "Zero Tolerance" policies recently mandated in our public school system quite well.

A friend of mine sent this article to me, and it accurately describes the future for these poor children.

Check out some of the things these hired political thugs have done to our children.

In one case, a safety officer kicked in the door of a stall in the boys’ bathroom, wounding a student’s head. The officer’s response to questioning about the matter was: “That’s life. It will stop bleeding.” Another student, this time a 5-year-old, was shipped off to a hospital psychiatric ward for throwing a tantrum.

This all due to "Zero Tolerance" that was designed to keep people safe.

How can this keep people safe?

A school in Pennsylvania is accused of covertly activating webcams in school-issued laptops to spy on students. The accusations have generated a lot of outrage, but this is the logical conclusion of the country’s general movement toward a police state. If the NSA can wiretap citizens’ phones, the FBI can infiltrate protest groups, and the police can generally dominate and suppress any kind of protest, why shouldn’t schools be able to monitor student activity?

or this....

Americans have already accepted forms of police brutality (macing, sound cannons, tasering) as the inevitable punishments for exercising their First Amendment rights. They have already submitted to the bureaucratic requirements of permits (permits to gather, permits to use a bullhorn,) and the ridiculous spectacle of caged protests where activists are literally penned behind gates and cannot move from their designated locations as they “exercise” their “freedom of speech.” When the protest spills past the acceptable parameters of activism, the police state shocks the citizenry back into submission. They taser, and mace, and deafen people until they stop fighting. There hasn’t been too much fuss about this kind of oppression. Some guy got tasered when he asked John Kerry a question, but his fellow citizens mostly laughed about that. Jay Leno had a lot of fun with the “Don’t taze me, bro” stuff. Good times had by all.

Check out what they are discussing for the future of "crowd control"

The terrifying conclusion to this normalization of the police state is featured in the latest issue of Harper’s. (h/t Digby) Taser’s distributor has announced plans for a flying drone that fires stun darts at criminal suspects or rioters.

Or this madness....

Pentagon interest in “advanced riot-control agents” has long been an open secret, but just how close we are to seeing these agents in action was revealed in 2002, when the Sunshine Project, an arms-control group based in Austin, Texas, posted on the Internet a trove of Pentagon documents uncovered through the Freedom of Information Act. Among these was a fifty-page study titled “The Advantages and Limitations of Calmatives for Use as a Non-Lethal Technique,” conducted by Penn State’s Applied Research Laboratory, home of the JNLWD-sponsored Institute for Non-Lethal Defense Technologies. Penn State’s College of Medicine researchers agreed, contrary to accepted principles of medical ethics, that “the development and use of non-lethal calmative techniques is both achievable and desirable,” and identified a large number of promising drug candidates, including benzodiazepines like Valium, serotonin-reuptake inhibitors like Prozac, and opiate derivatives like morphine, fentanyl, and carfentanyl, the last commonly used by veterinarians to sedate large animals. The only problems they saw were in developing effective delivery vehicles and regulating dosages, but these problems could be solved readily, they recommended, through strategic partnerships with the pharmaceutical industry.

Link to sourced article

Admins:

I was not quite sure where to put this and "political madness" made the most sense.
Please let me know if I need to move it or whatever needs to be done.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add this bit of information to the OP -

I just read in the local news, that the state board for higher education (in my state) is discussing whether or not campus police should be armed, at the universities ... until now, this decision had always been a resounding "no" but recently, this is being debated with renewed enthusiasm...

Awesome.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did you hear that businesses are now deputized as Federal Agents?
I think that this occurred during the Bush administration (Is there any real difference between any of the administrations?) in order to allow these businesses to use deadly force if necessary.

This was done under the guise of "assistance with the enforcement of immigration policies".

Here is a link.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Kids are awful dangerous these days.
Gotta keep the little villains in line . . .

Cops Tase Barely Conscious 16 year old Boy With Broken Back 19 Times For Non-Compliance

Family: Cop dart pierced girl's skull

Officials: Deputy Shocks Girl, 11, With Taser At Elementary School

Arkansas Cop Tasers 10-Year-Old Girl

Trooper Mike Wooten tasered his 10 year old stepson

For at least the second time in three weeks, police officers have shocked an unruly 10-year-old child

police tasered a distressed and out-of-control 6-year-old

And, as if 6 years old isn't young enough for your first tasering, they are now starting on the not yet born:

It's great to know these tasers are safe enough to use on children.
Obviously Taser Inc. are right, their device is safer for kiddies than a candy bar.

17 year old killed by taser for shouting 'I want Jesus.'

17-year-old killed by Taser over shoplifted Hot Pockets

Case Study: The Death of Darryl Turner

Dead teenager 'chose road over Taser'

Mom wants answers in son's Taser death

15 year old killed by police Taser attack

How did "the Land of the Free" mutate into a police state?

One published comment, after a black, special ed kid was tasered to death for running from the police, was: "one less."

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

That is seriously some disturbing information.

If the last comment is true then that is just really sad.

What gets to me the most about this issue is that these are KIDS who are having their heads played with and manipulated like they are lab rats.

I am not normally a very religious person, but I like the idea of these folks paying, severely, for what they are doing to these children.

A child's brain does not fully develop until between the ages of 25 - 30, and at any time before that certain environmental stimuli can imprint feelings, emotions, and reactions in a much more profound way than the same stimuli would affect an adult.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

If the last comment is true then that is just really sad.

It's on this page:
Mom wants answers in son's Taser death
The comments are enough to make one vomit.
They assume the Mom is a single mother and hate the boy for that, while pretending it's not also a race issue.

I had to take 3 little kids away from my husband, who was violent and seriously injuring them, and now they are fine, gentle, hard-working adults, despite 2 being handicapped.
And I've copped that much hatred for bringing them up on my own, rarely getting maintenance, while he was respected as a great guy and a church goer ...

What gets to me the most about this issue is that these are KIDS who are having their heads played with and manipulated like they are lab rats.

I am not normally a very religious person, but I like the idea of these folks paying, severely, for what they are doing to these children.

The only real payment is for the perps to experience such things from the point of view of a helpless child, and see what it feels like.

I believe that, between lives, such teaching is given if the student agrees. And if not, they dig themselves into a worse and worse hole, which will entail more and more misery for themselves.

A child's brain does not fully develop until between the ages of 25 - 30, and at any time before that certain environmental stimuli can imprint feelings, emotions, and reactions in a much more profound way than the same stimuli would affect an adult.

You know your psychology or you've learned from experience?
Yes, trauma in childhood, even if the victim hides it and gets on with life, can cause pain and difficulties for a whole lifetime.

As for maturing in the late 20s, from experience I'd say if you give a person conceit and a weapon at too early age, and have not taught them empathy, they will Never mature.

The big question is, what will the world of the future be like when people are brought up to accept brutality as the norm, and even defend it?

I do worry about my overgrown, mentally handicapped son, trying to survive in this degenerating world once I'm no longer here to keep him calm and look after him.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I am a senior Psychology major, so I thank you for making me feel like my education has at least given me a bit of insight.

I will say; however, that I am interested in research rather than application.
This has a lot to do with my own past experiences, and any therapist worth their salt does not become emotionally attached to a situation.

I don't think that I could detach myself from certain situations, especially those involving the abuse of children, and it kind of makes me sad because the entire reason that I went into the field was out of a desire to help people.

Being a single mother is perhaps one of the most difficult things that one can experience. I can't think of any bond that even comes close to that of a mother and a child, but without an appropriate and supportive husband and father, even that bond can become strained and life can become extremely difficult and heartbreaking.

I can only say that I give you mad props for successfully raising your children on your own and removing both them and yourself from an abusive situation.

As sad as it is, most women do not have the fortitude to escape such a situation, and most continue to stay in the cycle of abuse, which is then unfortunately perpetuated by the abused child as they become an adult.

Everyday that I continue on with my education I second guess myself.
Seriously.
Not that I don't love the study of Psychology, because I do.

It is the many stories of literal torture and abuse that I hear, daily, that I have a hard time processing without wanting to find the perpetrator in order to extract retribution against them.

Cheers. I sincerely thank you for the comment.

new topics

top topics

join