It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate entity becomes ‘candidate’, kicks off bid for Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

When the Supreme Court decided the case Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, henceforth allowing corporate soft money to influence U.S. elections, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) cynically opined that it would lead to the election of the "congressman from Wal-Mart."

Turns out, he may be right.

Murray Hill Inc, Inc., the first corporation to run for Congress in the United States.

"Until now, corporations only influenced politics with high-paid lobbyists and backroom deals," the company's YouTube account declares. "But today, thanks to an enlightened supreme court, corporations now have all the rights the founding fathers meant for us. That's why Murray Hill Incorporated is taking democracy's next step-- running for Congress."

Until now, corporations only influenced politics with high-paid lobbyists and backroom deals. But today, thanks to an enlightened supreme court, corporations now have all the rights the founding fathers meant for us. That's why Murray Hill Incorporated is taking democracy's next step-- running for Congress."

Hill says it plans to file as a Republican for the GOP primary in Maryland's eighth congressional district, currently represented by Democrat Chris Van Hollen.

Source

Is this an over exaggeration ? Or could this be beginning of big corporation putting forth there own people for political power ?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is really old news. I thought it was well known that Murray Inc was running for congress? I don't think anyone in my state is going to take them seriously. Chris Van Hollen is very popular here. It's not like they're going to knock him out.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
this is old news - this has been on ATS for several months now... lol, and by the way...

It's a hoax too.

top topics

join