It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yezidi Black book and satans ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have been reading about the Yezidi and believe that there is lots of exiting stuff there for ATS-people that are interested in the connections between ancient religions and aliens, dimensional beeings, gods, and time-travellers:

The Yezidi or Yazidi[1] is a people that claim to be the result of a mix between Adam and a goddess, whereas humans are mix between Adam and Eve. They also claim to be the worlds oldest religion, and have over 40,000 years of history. They are from Kurdistan, but because of persecution they have spread throughout the world, there only exists about 800,000 Yezidi today. About 70% of the religion's text is written down, the rest is passed down through music and dance, they are secretive and some of the religion is only passed to the initiates. They worship the sun, believe in rebirth and baptism. Most disturbingly they worship satan, or Melek, as the true god and the creator of the cosmos. Afterwards satan created a ship that he rode for 30,000 years[2]. Azidis do not believe in the existence of devil or satan as an independent entity. They believe that good and evil exist in the heart of every human being. [3]

[1] en.wikipedia.org...
[2] www.scribd.com...
[3] en.wikipedia.org...

Have fun

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In the Yazidi belief system, God created the world and it is now in the care of a Heptad of seven Holy Beings, often known as Angels or heft sirr (the Seven Mysteries). Preeminent among these is Tawûsê Melek (frequently known as "Melek Tawus" in English publications), the Peacock Angel. According to the Encyclopedia of the Orient,

The reason for the Yazidis reputation of being devil worshipers is connected to the other name of Melek Taus, Shaytan, the same name the Koran has for Satan.[9]

That is from wiki. God created the world but Melek one of the seven holy Beings (Angels) is in control of the world. Just wanted to correct you.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

This sounds exactly like Bill Cooper's portrayal of the Mystery Religions of Babylon

Check out his 40 hours of radio broadcasts on the subject.

I have never once heard of these folks. S & F.

Good find. I am looking forward to the read.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristIsHere

Originally posted by ChristIsHere
God created the world but Melek one of the seven holy Beings (Angels) is in control of the world. Just wanted to correct you.

The Black Book seems very clear that it was Melek, or satan, that created the cosmos:

In the beginning The Invisible One brought forth from its own precious soul a white pearl.And It created a bird upon whose back It placed the pearl, and there He dwelt for forty thousand years.Then on the first day, Sunday, It created an angel called Izrael.He is Archangel over all the Angels, he who is Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel.He is the first to be, and to know that He is; for the One can know nothing.On each of the other Days of the week the One brought forth Angels to serve Melek Taus.After this, the Invisible One retreated into Itself, and acted no more; but Melek Taus was left to act.Seeing the barrenness of the ether, He created the form of the seven heavens, the earth, sun and moon.He created mankind, animals, birds and beasts in the pockets of his cloak.Then He brought man up from the pearl accompanied by angels.

Source: www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe that the accounts of creation differ somewhat between the "Black Book" and the "Book of Illumination." The religion is rather difficult to study closely, and the translations of texts are not entirely complete, as the Yezidi practitioners are understandably cautious about outsiders; they've been persecuted and labeled "devil-worshipers" and other pejoratives for a very long time, and are thus very protective of their faith. It's a miracle that they've survived at all, when you consider that most of them live in an area that has seen the birth of dozens of other religions, all claiming to be the "one true faith."

While I usually don't use blogs as references, here's one with some very interesting (and sad) first-hand interviews with Yezidis, and a look at how they live today.

In many respects, their views on creation, and the notion that the physical world is the province of a demiurge or second-tier deity, are quite similar to many strands of Gnosticism, including Christian Gnosticism and Sufism. It's impossible to estimate the amount of influence the Yezidi religion has had on subsequent religions and philosophies, but elements of it can be seen all over the place.

If you were to ask a Yezidi, I'm fairly sure that they would tell you that the deity they regard and honor as ruler of Earth is not the same figure as the tempter and tormentor of mankind described in Abrahamic religions named Satan. Perhaps there is a relation in terms of etymology, but it's pretty clear that they do not regard their object of worship as a source of evil. I'm happy to be corrected, of course.

/edit to fix link

[edit on 3/13/10 by articulus]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I am still trying to make my way through the information, while also participating in too many threads.

Darn that ADD!!!

Anyhoo....

I wanted to throw in a comment on some of what I have been reading in comparison to what is spoken of by Cooper in the series that I linked.

Essentially, Cooper states that all religions reflect the beliefs of the Mystery Schools in one way or another through their symbolism, and what is taught by the Mystery Schools sounds very, very similar to what is believed by these folks.

Cooper states that Freemasonry, as well as ALL secretive initiate fraternities, are based on the system established by the Mystery Schools.
This system of secrecy is what has allowed them to work toward their goal of a supposed "New World Order". This goal or "Great Work of the Ages" is different than what A. Crowley would discuss. This goal was established LONG AGO and it is only through initiation that one will discover their role in the Great Work.

The reason that I state all of this is because the beliefs and the timeline established by the Yezidi people are nearly the same as what Cooper states for the Mystery Schools.

I am not through with the read, but I found this little tid bit interesting and thought that I would throw it out there.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

You might then be interested that The Order of the Quest, or Roshaniya, that he mentions (I'm listening to him now) was based out of Afghanistan in the 16th century[1], perhaps there were some influences from the Yezidi in the region at that time?

[1] en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join