It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of the existence of Alien life on Human Nature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hello everyone, today I just wanted to throw a question out on my thoughts. I want to know what would happen to Human Nature as we know it, i.e Religious Views etc., If hypothetically we come in-contact with a benevolent tier 2-3 Civilization. What would be the implications on our way of life. Would religion just be demolished? Would our reality and world be turned upside down? These are just a small sample of the questions I ask, and hopefully my fellow ATS members can help me come to some conclusions. Let no rock go unturned!!

Also when I speak of the tiers of civilization, I'm talking about Kardashev scale.

Thank you!

[edit on 13-3-2010 by spmc215]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It would not diminish or negate my religious views infact it would strengthen them, but I think many religions would end following something like this. Many people will also not be able to accept the fact, and this may lead to a lot of problems, but for myself, if I can get a job on one of those spacheships I will, even if it means wiping their tabletops or what passes for it, I would request "planetwalks" on whatever planet they visit when possible and basic nessesaties as payment. It would be a fun way to spend life if nothing else, failing that I will just continue as if nothing happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No doubt man, that sounds cool sort of a fellowship, work for the knowledge and experience that some many never have..

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spmc215

If hypothetically we come in-contact with a benevolent tier 2-3 Civilization.

Well, going off of this, and the visitors/landlords were indeed benevolent, then I'd think some great changes would occur...

Being benevolent, I would assume they would slap us upside the head and let us know that our version of organized religion has held us back 250 years - socially, monetarily, collectively, ect...

After that, millions of distraught zealots would take their own life after realizing it's all been a sham - hence, the population drops by 15 - 20%(?), alleviating the world of many resource issues.

Winner, winner - Chicken Dinner..!

Let's hope it happens...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

So, do you think that these celestial beings would have religion, or do you think they eradicated it from their society early on? FYI I believe the universe vast and life could quite possibly be a common occurrence. If only we could just get to that next level we could achieve so much, we need to take that road or we simply will basque in our own waste until we are no more.

new topics

top topics

join