It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk

The government looking at expanding a pioneering scheme in Flint, one of the poorest US cities, which involves razing entire districts and returning the land to nature.

Local politicians believe the city must contract by as much as 40 per cent, concentrating the dwindling population and local services into a more viable area.

The radical experiment is the brainchild of Dan Kildee, treasurer of Genesee County, which includes Flint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sounds crazy?

When USA needs bulldozers to keep their American dream alive... Sad, sad and sad...

Its hard to believe those US citizens will move peacefully from front of the bulldozers, but starts maybe militia actions - thats what I have understand a powerfull part of patriotism, protect homes?

Maybe these kinds of plans look like easy and only solution in planning tables, amongst guys who owns their Villas in the hills - but what do you think?

I see just another act of violent banksters police state.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If the government aren't sending aeroplanes into tower blocks, they're sending bulldozers into people's communities! I'm not sure which is worse.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If this is really, seriously to happen....

All I have to say, is Agenda 21. They are intent on bringing it to us.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is exactly what should happen. The cities over extended themselves through corrupt politicians buying the votes of the stupid and grew way beyond what they needed or could afford. The result is a middle class that fled, a business class that fled and all that's left is the very wealthy and the very poor.

They need to be torn down to a managble scope that the population can afford.

If people weren't so stupidly spend happy buying up crap like heated bus stops and going out of their way to attract vagrancy, addicts and felons in the spirit of 'social justice' it never would have come to this in the first place.

Of course nobody will learn anything and it'll just keep happening the same way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

It sounds like another 'brilliant' idea from the same political types who caused the problems in that area in the first place. Its a perfect example of how bad leadership can rot a city straight to the ground.

Nothing will save these areas now, because there is no viable middle class to build them back up. All of those people have scattered to greener pastures.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well - it looks like its becoming a hyper-trend... "Bulldozers - what a great way to hide the evidence!"

Kansas shut down 50% its public schools, and:

Mayor Of Detroit’s Radical Plan To Bulldoze One Quarter Of The City

How do you save a city that is dramatically declining like Detroit? Well, for the mayor of Detroit the answer is simple – you bulldoze one-fourth of the city. Faced with a 300 million dollar budget deficit and a rapidly dwindling tax base, Detroit finds itself having to make some really hard choices.

www.infowars.com...

In the other hand there is lots of reports from homeless in USA --- Something doesnt fit in this picture

EDIT:

Look also this thread!

Detroit family homes sell for just $10

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live near Flint, and it's a dump. Return it to nature i say!!!

I said this before in a previous thread, but I think it would be kinda nice to see more "green" around my area. Too many roads and abandoned buildings.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

Do you have any good news, links, youtubes from situation over there - I think this is very important news and knowlege - And hey, not a word in Northern Europes media from these realities over there!

Just the same old "American Dream" propaganda is still running...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually, a very good idea; if carried to a sustanable conclusion.

Following the "Housing Crash" thousands of acres of what was once useful farmland, has been left "paved-over" by un-occupied, and in many cases, unfinished plots: the bare cement foundations of homes that were planned for construction, but were never, and will never be completed.

Additionally, there are thousands upon thousands of otherwise vacant homes and buildings, which, through neglect and vandalism, are no longer habitable.

Bulldoze these blights on the landscape. Return the land to useful farmland were people can grow crops and feed themselves and their families (and ours!). Lets reverse the trend to Mega- Agri-business, and restore the family/community farm.

Locally grown, Locally owned!

Break the Corporations hold!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

If they are knocking half of Detroit down , they may yet decide to send a plane into one of the buildings marked for demolition if they were after another false flag event again.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This really is nothing new. They have done similar things in several states. Usually they use "crime prevention" to justify doing it. They claim that crime has gotten too bad in an area and the only option is too disperse the citizens. They also do it under the guise of tearing down "inadequate" public housing. They promise to build newer and better then forget to build anything.

Is it right? I don't think so, but it happens more than Americans want to admit.

edit: I need to start typing in word then posting.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by MikeNice81]

new topics

top topics

join