It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my spring break so far...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I live on an island in the gulf of texas of around 5,000 locals - we know the cops, clerks, tellers, waiters, etc. - and they know us.

Last nite me and my girlfriend took a buddy to do laundry, and took a beach cruise home. Stopped for a minute, drank our beers (1 each) then proceeded home. She turned on the main access road, swerved to avoid numerous potholes (which I do all the time) and BAM! lights, got pulled over. She was given a DWI test that she failed (due to a bum foot/knee injury) and neither of us were drunk.

I got upset over the whole thing, and an officer I know personally threatened to taser me. When I pointed it out that the tase would probably just tickle me (high tolerance for pain, cop knows this), she stated loudly "I WILL TASE YOU. SHUT THE EFF UP." at which point my girlfriend begged me to be quiet, and one of her backup drew his taser. So I shut the hell up.

The officer I knew offered me a courtesy ride if I didn't give them trouble and reassured me that my car would not be impounded. When I got home, I walked the 2 blocks to get my car - it was gone. So I called 911 to report my car stolen, to which they said "your car got towed, we're sending somebody over." Sure enough, Ms. Cop shows up threatening to tase me and take me to jail on my own property. She then tells me that she never said it would not be towed, and they turned the case over to state troopers.

My gf is sitting in the county jail, mom went to go get the car, and I am about to break something. No money for a lawyer, I wanna see the tape of her swerving, and I wish they woulda tried to tase me - when they came to my house, she brought 6 with her. I dunno how many it would have taken, but I knew how many she had. This cop knows me well, she knew what she was up against.

Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Don't Drink and Drive.
And I bet a taser would drop you to your knees.
You shut your piehole real quick when she told you to, so how would you know if you could eat a taser or not, Mr. ToughGuy.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams
Don't Drink and Drive.
And I bet a taser would drop you to your knees.
You shut your piehole real quick when she told you to, so how would you know if you could eat a taser or not, Mr. ToughGuy.

On Topic:

This cop knows me well, she knew what she was up against.

That's your true problem, your attitude that is, not a bad night on the town...

Good luck...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

... First things first ... why is this in the US Political Madness forum?

Okay ... now, this whole situation could have been avoided if your girlfriend didn't drink and drive like an idiot and you should have listened to the police officers.

When I pointed it out that the tase would probably just tickle me (high tolerance for pain, cop knows this), she stated loudly "I WILL TASE YOU. SHUT THE EFF UP."

I wish they woulda tried to tase me - when they came to my house, she brought 6 with her. I dunno how many it would have taken, but I knew how many she had. This cop knows me well, she knew what she was up against.

*sigh* You could have left all this out of your little story, for I don't think anyone cares how much of a strong, powerful man you are.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My dude L down there, broke it down a lot more exquisitely than I.
Sorry to sound prickish, but as with all "I hate the police" deals; your story lacks the other side. What with Zero Tolerance, in some areas, if you know your going to be heading home you should buy the beer to go. one Beers; Two Beers, it doesn't matter.

Won't end up in jail that way.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yeah....no offense but I am pretty sure the taser would have put you down...it isn't about pain, it's about the hit your nerves take

plus...yeah don't D/D...

sigh

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Pain is something the body can tolerate, up to a certain point. The reason that tasers work on the nerves themselves. This makes the nerves interpret it as pain at first, but it is really an entire disruption of the nervous signals. Nerves work when chemicals cause a reaction across the synapse from one nerve cell to another. This signal travels amazingly fast.

Tasers literally confuse the nervous system. Normal electrical impulses across the synapses carry information, but the impulses from a taser carry nothing that the brain can interpret. The nervous system gets overloaded, causing muscle spasms and the inability to move. If they just caused pain, it would be easy enough for some people to get around it.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by HarlequinRaven]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi I.C. Weiner,

Sounds to me like you're living in a space where they've lost all normal references regarding human relations using the WORD of the law to replace its spirit.

Either your girlfriend is a lame driver, or the front end of your car is loose causing it to swerve, and if not then that cop had no business pulling you over unless the two of you have "history" and she recognized your wheels.

Also, if your story is shared in its perspective this means that even in Smallville USA and enclosed island communities the word is out to clobber truthseekers and rebels who used to form the mainstay of American society and garner respect for their uncompromising ornery attitude from sheriffs and judges.

We must take stock and conclude that the law enforcement community has been widely deviated from its mission of protecting us to that of repression, and that the conditioning by context and controls within the various branches prompt law enforcement officers to confuse right and wrong or worse yet, use no discernment when exercising their duties.

Sure, drunk driving isn't too cool. But alcohol, unless in large doses, will only heighten sober deficiencies. If you are not cautious and already don't leave sufficient safety distances, loss of reflexes will cause an accident. If you are already careless, then drinking will make you moreso. If you are overly excitable then a few too many will make you push the limits. If you are foolhardy then getting drunk will remove the last remaining inhibitions. But if you are mature, calm and poised, skillful and respectful and very cautious, anything short of debilitating alcohol levels won't keep you from safely shuttling your way home. A police officer should be able to at least in part assess this, and maybe that's why you were "roped in" due to your generally justified rebellious nature which can on occasion become an issue if translated into motion on a roadway.

So I'm with you on this one, contrary to most folks here who like to think that there are laws good enough to be applied blindly by mindless enforcers without regard to circumstance or context. Having no reference to use for contrast and refusing yourself the authority to exercise judgment is in my opinion a dereliction of the higher duty of properly upholding the law. It also makes them an effective tool for anyone seeking to subvert the law to meet their own agenda of discrimination, of oppression, of elimination of their potential opponents.

Your story made me wish I was out there having a beer on the beach, one of those simple pleasures of life which made the American Dream come true and which have fallen to the wayside in this era of Politically Correct behavior control and government repression.

Cheers,

Getsmart

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply Getsmart, every local here enjoys going to the beach, having one or two beers, then heading home. Recently with the instatement of a new chief, the cops have been sitting outside bars and arresting people on the way to the cab that the bar had called for them, getting them for PI. The bar owners told the chief that he was killing their business and he stopped doing it.

My gf has been to court 5 times, her lawyer keeps getting it postponed. There are quite a few errors on the paperwork, her lawyer (court appointed) thinks he can get it thrown out.

When we left the beach that nite, there was no one around. There were not even any headlights behind us until we got over the top of the hill when she was supposedly swerving and speeding - were they sitting there with their lights off and nite vision goggles? How far did they follow us with their lights off?

Oh another question - if u drink a beer then blow into a breathalyzer 5 minutes later, will u blow bad?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

A taser has nothing to do with your pain tolerance. It's a simple thing, it disrupts the signals your body uses for control, robbing you of that control.

Any chance you or your girlfriend had of beating this in court disappeared when you both got mouthy and threatening with the police. No judge will let you off easy after such a display as you described. Nice job.

If you had calmly asked for a breathalyzer vs. a field sobriety test, may have had a completely different outcome...but right now, that condition is all history, and you have the cop's field sobriety test against your word. Guess what the court will go with... Yep, your girlfriend is screwed.

new topics

top topics

join