It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Can't the media or someone get a helicopter and check this thing out closer? This event won't get any attention as long as all we have is a pulsating light. We need a close up video of some kind of structure with maybe an alien waving in the window.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

not if they already know what it is!!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow wish I lived in the locality. Too far from Britain but anybody over there in the Lake Eerie zone needs to get a high powered flash light and then send a three flash signal to the light, each flash one second apart. It may work and slowly bring the ufo orb nearer to you, remember these things are very timid and do take patience in coaxing in them down.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would drive there tonight but I'm worried they have snow in Cleveland right now. Funny, being from Canada and worrying about snow in the states :p

I only worry cuz I only have summer tires on my car

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
if it is aliens, it is probably some kind of scanning probe device

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, I can't imagine that anything will come of this, because nothing ever does. Maybe it really is a genuine UFO, in which case we have a unique situation in that none of the organizations that normally have explanations for these are offering an explanation. If there has been a cover-up about UFO's, this could pass for some kind of test sample to see how the public might react on a broader scale. If there HASN'T been a cover-up, then at least we can say we have a genuine mass UFO sighting, which (so far) hasn't been explained away, and could potentially add a little credibility to the UFO phenomenon.

Whatever the case, I'm afraid the UFO issue has been in the dark for far too long since it became prominent in the '50's. There are just too many theories and half-cracked conclusions about the phenomenon. Any kind of disclosure at this point would cause chaos, because those who haven't taken the idea seriously suddenly wouldn't know what to believe. People have been born, grown old, and died in the time since the 50's UFO craze. That's an entire human lifespan, and all we had to go on was our imaginations. What did they think would happen?

The sooner we get disclosure, the better, and maybe this sighting is a step in that direction. It might be ugly but it's only going to get worse if it gets put off any longer. The general population took the idea of aliens more seriously in the '50's than they do today. What might have been a big news story then would have people rioting in the streets now. But it will just continue to get worse.

I don't know who "they" refers to here, but they have waited too long. Even a mass sighting like this isn't going to be taken seriously by anybody, anymore. It's too late, much too late.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

Agreed, this sighting is crappy

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

8 nights in a row , and that's the best shots taken ?

8 nights in a row , and no one can set up a tri-pod?

This is a lousy light and lousy sighting.

i agree with you , and i think that there is something Erie about Eugene

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Has anyone made sure that this mysterious light is not Sirius, the brightest (binary star system) visible to a large part of the Earth? It is notorious for the flashing of different colors, pulsating, and riding low on the horizon. That means being affected by all sorts of atmospheric conditions, making it appear to jump around (heat distortions), disappear then reappear (distant water vapor/clouds), and convincing people that is moving closer and further from them. I have seen an intelligent man on a deer lease in S. Texas call me on cell phone (I was 400 yds away) and say he's seen a UFO, and he was a non-believer. I saw what he was pointing out, and it was definitely Sirius.

The NUFORC is constantly reminding report filers that Sirius is a major source of UFO reports, for those who don't understand it's properties.

I am not a debunker, and I firmly believe the UFO phenomena is worthy of serious investigation. I have had my own sightings, of which some are not so sure (a couple are very much though). But I have spent some time trying to learn what can fool people, so I won't look like an idiot when I tell my respected friends and foes of something worth looking into. I have largely given up on photo evidence of nighttime sightings. Without special equipment and expert photography, it is largely useless. So I hope the MSNBC journalist is sincere, and not setting up a straw-man.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Could this sighting be a message of some kind. Heres a theory regarding this that may be of consideration?
Why Lake Erie? I have a theory, its the time zone that they are appearing.7.30pm At that particular time a vast percentage of the earth is in darkness. Work it out for yourselves here
www.worldtimezone.com...
Its the best place given the timeframe to be seen. Could the repeated sightings be a subliminal message to look up?
Any other time zones work but dont have land coverage of darkness?
So at 7.30pm in cleveland will be ? where you live. Maybe someone may be suprised what they see.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
EDIT

[edit on 13-3-2010 by sam_inc]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can't wait for tonight! I'm going to take the shakiest, most pixelated camera pic from my iphone that will prove it is a UFO :p

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I live in Fostoria which is closer to Toledo and have yet to see anything in our skies but then again I haven't been looking for anything.

Maybe when I get my video camera back from my friend I'll keep an eye on our skies and see if I can come up with anything worth posting.

I apologize for the multiple posts. my computer is a piece of # and every time I try to reload the page it repost what I wrote,

[edit on 13-3-2010 by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY]

link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
maybe some hoaxer with a remote control air plane that is run on battery with a run time of a couple of hours with a type of light attached, maybe a L.E.D that has most of the light spectrum to play tricks on people.

link   
I live in Fostoria which is closer to Toledo and have yet to see anything in our skies but then again I haven't been looking for anything.

Maybe when I get my video camera back from my friend I'll keep an eye on our skies and see if I can come up with anything worth posting.

link   

link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join