It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cleveland UFO: What on Earth?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Great! Can't wait to see / read your results. Hopefully you will be able to see something. If not then it's still good to know we have somebody making the effort.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

The

Cleveland Ufology Project is on this case of ufo over lake erie.. Will have people watching the sky over euild ohio all this week. I belive this is a weather and research ufo. The Annunaki are in the norther ohio and New York state to watch the lake. Their are other Phots of ufo over lake erie from MR lee hill. This orb ufo has been seen before over Perry Nuclear power plant before. FOr year boyd Bushmen work on thease ufo for our goverment that they shoot down over the 60 year cover up on UFOs. The MJ12 project is still in place to this day. Most of the uSA milltary knows about ufo but they will never speak about them. Only 30 46 people know the thuth about ufo. I myself know some and other people know more.. iF the people of ohio and other place to get their think caps on we could go some were.. This is the start of a mass ufo over the USA in the next 300 days

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blackjesus75

With all due respect and no insult intended, is English your first language? I believe tat you are referring to the sightings of 1988 involving a metallic UFO over the lake that broke into pieces and headed toward the Perry Nuclear Plant - correct? That is one of the more famous sightings and I believe was documented by the Coast Guard.

I had a personal sighting with about a half dozen friends in the summer of 1984 that matched a similar description of that craft. Without revealing publicly too much about my exact location, I will say that I was camping in the woods near my house in a very rural (At the time) area in SE Cleveland whcih is now a well-developed suburb. We were up late messing around when one of my friends thought he saw a comet or a shooting star. We all looked up to see a slow moving, yellowish glow that appeared to be growing larger as it approached our general area. It passed over our heads, silently, at an altitude of about 5,000 feet - give or take. From beneath, it was round, metallic, maybe 25 to 50 feet in diameter. It had a single reddish light beneath it that did not pulsate - just stayed illuminated a dark red color. We began to think it was a helicopter but there was no sound. About 1/2 mile from where we were camping was a private landing strip for an individual who lived in our area and owned a few single engine planes. The object, came to a hover above where this landing strip was located and began to descend. The yellowish glow turned to a whitish/bluish color and became immediately more intense as it descended. We began running in the direction of the landing strip to get a closer look. AT this point we were all certain it was a UFO - of the alien type. We ran and came to the fence that separated these parts of the woods from the metroparks and the landing strip and began to climb the fence. We could see a VERY bright bluish/Whitish glowing light through the trees - still no sound. Just as we got over the fence, the light went out. There was about 50 yards of woods between us and the landing strip. As we started crashing through the woods - twigs breaking - everything lit up like daylight. IN one instant this thing was about 2,000 feet above the runway - in a snap. It dimmed back to a yellowish glow and hovered for about 10 seconds. Then, in a blink, it was gone. I swore it vanished into thin air. Two of my buddies said it took off in "Hyper-space" leaving a trail - I did not see that.

I have had other strange encounters, but none as close or vivid as that one. The others, like the current sighting, consisted mostly of oddly behaving lights over the lake. I am an avid fisherman and sailor and have spent many, many nights out on the lake.

Needless to say, I am a believer. However, I am also empircal and cannot say these recent sighting are alien craft. They are reminiscent of my own experiences and dozens of other sightings recounted by eye witnesses. My adrenaline pumps when I think of the possibility of seeing one of those craft again. We'll see what happens tonight.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Ok, 9 nights in a row now - can someone please go to Cleveland with a super telephoto lens and get this/these lights on tape - centered - and clear zoom!

For crying out loud, it is only the most predictable sighting ever to prepare and film for

Details:
(7:00-8:00PM, Cleveland over Lake Earie, over an hour and sometimes more)

Can someone (in Cleveland) please get on this

Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just saw a segment on MSNBC on this story earlier today... apparently there is a lot of interest in this "light" activity.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Anyone there tonight??

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
March 15 8:26 pm: Unknown illuminated spotted 296º NW, above Lake Erie. Viewed from North Pointe on Lakeshore
rev will lives in cleveland ohio ufo spoted again

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Technically I never said the UFO was a fighter plane, only that we have an eyewitness account of jets flying toward the area of the UFO around the time these sightings have been occurring. Many UFO sightings have involved a strange object surrounded or pursued by jets or other military aircraft. But it could indeed be the jets themselves, I'm not discounting anything.

reply to post by Castellan

Originally posted by Castellan
But hey, what do i know, it was a ufo on the news right? Bet they get good ratings stirring up a laugh. ... If it was unidentified, you can be sure you'd see more scrambled fighters than anything after what possibly happened here on 911.
[edit on 14-3-2010 by Castellan]

We did see scrambled fighters. Please read the thread.

---

Look, everyone, we're all just dying to say "it was this" or "it was that," but the bottom line is that so far we only have some crude, totally inconclusive camera footage and a whole lot of public excitement to go on, here. We can't know exactly what it is yet, so let's just be patient. We will hopefully get some more pics / footage soon.

Magnus47

I understand what you were saying I was just saying that it could be possible be that the military are aware of these small lights and are trying to intercept it ..... (So yes I agree with you ) Ok the reason I am saying this and of course because I only have this forum to use as a tool to speak with serious ufo’logists. in regards to this and other related incidents... It does seem strange that all of a sudden there are strange spirals and lots of these lights/orbs/ufo’s that are becoming more frequent.

I spent a lot of summers outdoors watching the sky in MN... and you would see these every once in awhile strange lights that are no way connected to any military fighter or plane our air-planes do not maneuver in such ways as these lights/orbs/ufo's do.
That is all I am saying so with patience and good equipment who knows we may get lucky .... I sure am patiently waiting as all the rest of the UFO believers …

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would love to believe this story, as an UFO fanatic. You must admit, it's a good story, considering that site is supposedly a Vortex to Hollow Earth, supposedly. Combine that with the fact that the US and NWO want to start an "alien invasion"....supposedly....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
UPDATE FROM A LOCAL:

Visited my perch on E224th St. last night armed with a digial camera, video camera, tripod, spotting scope and binoculars. The weather was 37 degrees fahrenheit and we had overcast skies with a cloud deck about 7,000 feet. Visibility was about 9 miles.

I arrived onsite at about 7:15 local time - twilight was setting in and set up my stuff. It didn't take long to start witnessing lights! First it was an airplane on approach, then another airplane on approach then nothing for awhile, then more planes on approach. I witnessed the metrohealth life-flight helicopter pass to the south. And then, at 8:17 PM local time I saw what I was looking for - the lights!

Yes, I saw strange lights about 8 to 10 miles out over the lake. They were way out of range from my spotting scope so distance is a complete guess. I tried to take photos, but again, the lights were completely out of range. In digital zoom mode they came out looking like diamonds - an artifact from poor optics. I had the same experience with the video camera. Neither are worth uploading at all. In fact, the previous video is better than my own.

The lights appeared intermittently for about a half an hour. Now, I have to be honest... It could have been a Coast Guard Helicopter or perhaps even tankers passing through shipping lanes. I didn't witness anything extraordinary about their behavior, i.e. performing aerial feats not possible by terrestrial aircraft standards. Then again, due to viewing conditions they were not constantly in my view. Additionally, I could not witness changes in color and shape as had been indicated by others.

Folks, believe me when I tell you that I am VERY sad to report that I don't really have much to report. What I can say is that lights were there - WHAT they were is completely inconclusive. Someone with better equipment NEEDS to get up there, PRONTO!

I have a group meeting this evening and if time permits, I plan on trying again, this time from a different vantage point. It seems if I move further East I MAY get closer to where I perceived them to be - which was NNE of my position or about 1:00 to 2:00 from true North. My advice, if you want to see them, come with binoculars or a good spotting scope. If you want to film them you had better have a mega telescopic lense!

As always, I'll do my best to keep you all posted.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

ok, get what equipment you have and get on a boat; that's an order

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by kozmo

ok, get what equipment you have and get on a boat; that's an order

I wish I could! The lake still has too much ice on it (Read my previous reports) and it is not just dangerous, it is deadly!!! I am an amateur observer... this requires real professionals with real equipment to get to the bottom of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
MUFON Report

Ohio
Longitude: -83.5972
Latitude: 41.5388
Shape: Boomerang
Vallee Index: FB1
Description: I was taking the trash out and I noticed what a beautiful clear evening it was, and how brightly the stars shown. As I put the trash down, I glanced up and noticed this boomerang shaped object (almost like a winged shape) gliding quietly along and was oddly glowing (a very light blue hue). I looked down for a second until I grasped what I saw. I just stood there thinking how I needed a camera. It was cruising along at a very slow pace, maybe 100-200 MPH. Not fast at all. When it went behind a cluster of trees about 5 seconds later, I tried to run to the other street, but it was gone. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. I've always been skeptical, but this has definitely changed my mind. Don't be surprised if I keep my head looking towards the heavens more often.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by sharklive6]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is getting alot of attention;

EDIT: Hmm I fail at putting videos in, here's the link;

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-3-2010 by FermiFlux]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Your youtube video doesn't work. Do you have a link we can go to, in order to see what you're talking about?

[edit on 16-3-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It is aircraft in a holding pattern. Cleveland controls much of the midwest all the way to Detroit. I live somewhat nearby and I see the phenomenon nightly for 25 years. It is aircraft with their landing lights on and when they orbit they turn towards you for a while it gets very bright.

Being so far away and the temperature changes in this area lately gives any low lights (including starts) a twinkling effect where it changes from blue to red to yellow lights. This is one of the phenomenon which got my into astronomy in the first place. Ever night I'd see this flashing light which turned out to be "Capella"

I've seen this effect with planes for years.

Don't get me wrong I believe in UFO's because I've seen them with my own eyes and have other family members who have seen them up close.

ALSO I'd like to point out that holding patterns are near beacons and sometimes in different areas mainly depending on the wind direction. The holding pattern has been over lake erie lately because of the odd wind directions lately in this area (a lot of easterly winds actually)

[edit on 16-3-2010 by The_Doctor_1111]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Doctor_1111

I believe the news agencies have checked with the local airports and the FAA, according to some of the videos (I assume you've watched the news reports).

This would indicate that it is most likely not the result of airplane holding patterns.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There's one little niggle I have about this case. Why aren't the military buzzing this with jets? If there's something which is in the sky 10 nights in a row, you'd have thought that, unless the military know exactly what it is, they'd be just as interested. Remember, just because NASA said that it's nothing to do with them, doesn't mean that they're not big fat liars.
As much as I'd love this to be a genuine alien craft, I'm going to have to put myself on the fence.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My point exactly.. if this were a real ufo flap the military would be all over them.

Contrary to what I have said though, I do believe there is a UFO base in lake Erie. I don't doubt it for a moment because I know plenty of people who live on the lake (customers) who have told me about the lights.

Like I said before I've seen ufo's myself and I am almost certain this is indeed just air traffic.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I didnt realize there were two posts on the front page about this.

To fill you all in, as well, I am going out there straight from work. I get out of work at 7pm. My camera is next to me being charged up. Ive always been a harsh critic of UFO footage and the terrible camera work. I've been into cinematography for a while now. The only drawback is a crappy camera, so I am not sure how the focus or quality will be. It depends on the time it shows up, if it does, and the amount of light outside at the time.

Anyway, ill be out there in Euclid in about an hour and 20 minutes, at Sims Park.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join