It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a god what sort of god would you be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Psalm 82:6 I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.

John 10:34: Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'

Now you are gods what sort are you? are you a god of kindness,compassion & love or a God of Hate, Fear, & misery?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm a fairly unsuccessful God who tries his best. Maybe Jesus didn't take the concept of God very seriously or something because I surely don't feel omnipotent. I feel like a powerless person who can't adapt successfully to a sick society and yet has no other place to go. I guess you could just say I'm an oppressed God.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The crazy kind?
If I really could be God I would be reaching for the destroy earth and start again button or whatever passed for it.

I don't want to get into a religious post, but what the OP has posted resonates with my own beliefs, in which case it could mean two things.

1) you have the potential to be Gods of your own future.

2) you are part of God physically.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I would be the sort of God who immediately roasts alive anybody who claims to know what I'm thinking. I would also let the mortals know what I'm thinking on a fairly regular basis, and all prayers would have to got through my personal assistant so that all the jerks who ask me for the lottery winners would get NOTHING! Sacrifices of enchiladas and pepsi are appreciated.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i dont think any one can comprehend being a god...

but if i was a god then i'll be the one and only god, and i'll give people a few more years to straighten up and find the right path. i will create more earthquakes and natural disasters so people can wake up. then i will crush satan with all of his followers (demons and humans) and only the good ones will survive...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

If I were a god I'd go through phases. At first I'd just experiment, conjuring all sorts of different Universes and lifeforms some more intelligent than others. Later I would likely grow bored of creating and destroying over and over and would probably long for another reasoning being and create some companions that are more like humans. Then I think I would go through a phase in which I would fraternize with my new creations, this is common in myths from Zeus sleeping around to the fallen angels of the book of Enoch taking a liking to human women.

After hanging out with my creations I'd likely take off to the far reaches of space to observe how civilization progresses, I'd drop in every now and then to remind people to believe, I wouldn't be like the God of the Bible disappearing for 2000 years at a time and only appearing to religious zealots. I'd regularly hold press conferences and such.

Eventually I might bore of humans for one reason or another, perhaps they grow too noisy or forsake me somehow and I'd have a nice wrathful period.

I suppose, as a god, I would go through the natural progress, from impulsive infantile to naive lustful adolescent all the way to compassionate empathetic and wise old man.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
After the creation period I'd turn on karma mode (I mean the kind of Karma that happens shortly after the deed, Not the kind that happens several years down the line.). Karma should probably keep all the humans in-line. Perhaps even give out afew super powers every now and then. I'd rather been known as a fun God than a worship hungry fiend. All in all I wouldn't be too harsh on everyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'd like to think that it was a typo and we are more or less Lords of god...

Which means then what kind of lord am I.

Am I the lord of the ants....flies?

of the rings?

What kind of lord do I want to be.

I cannot be the god of misery hate racism bigotry and fear, because someone already took that spot, commonly known as jehovah, yahweh, allah, lady gaga.

So, crap, all the good spots are taken.

Since I can't judge you and damn you for getting a blowjob, I must be nice to you and I don't know answer your prayers, maybe even heal your cancer.

All those spots seem to be open, but damnit I want death and destruction!!

Maybe one of those will stop for awhile and this temp can get a quick job, oh what.... immortal you say.... can't get sick... damn, well screw it!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Wow you posted exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of the post. One thing that would be hard to deal with would be the power. Would absoulte power corrupt absoulutly or are there people among us who could cope with it in a good way.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think it would be a lot like how i would play Spore (look it up if you don't know, personally I think its a boring game) experiment for a while explore everything then get bored and leave my creations to the destructive force I "accidently" made them into. Then find something else to do..

But if I somehow suddenly gain god like powers.
I would probably try to secretly fix the world so I don't accidently create crazy followers then maybe reveal myself later when humanity is ready.
maybe even give everyone super powers "for the LOLS " but that might just cause a tonne of chaos.

I don't think anyone really know unless they are a god.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I really admire Shiva also known as Mahadev. He is the destroyer of worlds.
Shiva is believed to be at the core of the centrifugal force of the universe, because of his responsibility for death and destruction. Unlike the godhead Brahma, the Creator, or Vishnu, the Preserver, Shiva is the dissolving force in life. But Shiva dissolves in order to create, since death is the medium for rebirth into a new life. So the opposites of life and death and creation and destruction both reside in his character.

He is also often portrayed as the supreme ascetic with a passive and composed disposition. Sometimes he is depicted riding a bull called Nandi decked in garlands. Although a very complicated deity, Shiva is one of the most fascinating of Hindu gods.

Since Shiva is regarded as a mighty destructive power, to numb his negative potentials he is fed with opium and is also termed as 'Bhole Shankar', one who is oblivious of the world. Therefore, on festival called Maha Shivratri, the night of Shiva worship, devotees, especially the menfolk, prepare an intoxicating drink called 'Thandai' (made from cannabis, almonds, and milk) sing songs in praise of the Lord and dance to the rhythm of the drums.

He also drank the poison as is said in Hindu scriptures to save the world. When he is angry he performs the dance known as "Tandav" which can destroy all worlds into nothingness. the divine art form, is a dance performed by the Hindu god Shiva. According to Hindu mythology, Shivas Tandava is a vigorous dance that is the source of the cycle of creation, preservation and dissolution. While the Rudra Tandava depicts his violent nature, first as the creator and later as the destroyer of the universe, even of death itself; the Ananda Tandava depicts him as the enjoyer of his creation - the universe. In Indian tradition, Lord Shiva as Nataraja (lit. "Lord of dance") is the supreme lord of dance.
Here is the Mrityunjaya Tandav peformed by Indian Rock band "Agnee" meaning Fire (Mrityu in english means Death)

About the song:
Tandav is a salutation to Lord Shiva and begins with a prayer to the magnificent Shiva from the Rudra. The song is a humble tribute from a mortal man to the Eternal One who is the creator, sustainer and destroyer.

The video was shot in Chennai with some indoor sets with South Indian professional dancers involved. The video basically depicts the Invoking of Shiva and settling back towards the end, in peace.

------==-==--==------
"Tandav" Lyrics:
Om sahana vavatu
Sahanau bhunaktu
Sahaviryam karvava hai
Tejas vina vadhi tamastu
Bhavid vishava hai
Om, namoh, namah Shivayah

Rudra-rupa, Mahadeva, Jatadhaari Shankara
Satya Rachita, Neelkantha, Pralaydaataa Ishwara

Rudra-rupa, Mahadeva, Jatadhaari Shankara
Laya se tere jug hai yeh jaagaa
Bhay mein tere asur man kapaa

Rudra rupa, Mahadeva, Jatadhaari Shankara
Laya se tere jaga hai yeh jaagaa
Bhay mein tere asur man kapaa

Lord Destroyer, I'm on fire, help me O Maheshwara
Raise the foot and set the Trident, talk to me my
Shankara
Chanting your name, Moksha I can find
Slays all evil, gaze of your third eye

Om sahana vavatu
Sahanau bhunaktu
Sahviryam karvava hai
Tejas vina vadhi tamastu
Bhavid vishava hai
Om, namoh, namah Shivayah

Here is a youtube animation depicting his dance

[edit on 13-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'd be a tricksey hobbit god who denies proof of my existence and allows mad folk to determine how I should be worshipped and what my thoughts are.

Oh wait, that's already been done before.

I've no idea then.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hi there, if i was a god i would want to be god of Light , Wisdom and Right. I would let the whole creation believe what it wants and discover their inner selves. They wouldnt have to worship me but i wouldnt deny it too... also, i would be always there for them and help or show them the way.

top topics

join