It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Old Souls" and "Young Souls"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I heard a few people talking about "Old Souls" and "Young Souls" being on Earth. Just how many years does it take for the soul to be considered "old" on Earth? How long does a soul remain "young" on Earth?

Thanks.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I really couldn't say...but I can guess:

Elder Soul: 1,000,000 years or greater
Old soul: 10,000 - 1,000,000 years
Mature Soul: 1,000 - 10,000 years
Young Soul: 100 - 1,000 years
Child Soul: 50 - 100 years
Infant Soul: 0 - 50 years

Although, "time age" probably doesn't have much to do with the development of ones soul, what's more important is what you do with your time.

[edit on 13/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It depends on who you ask.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That's one of those New Age expressions, although I know people have casually spoken of "old souls" throughout history, usually in reference to people who are wise beyond their years.

Now, if you're talking about those New Agers who believe in reincarnation, the expression "old soul" has an entirely different meaning. I've talked with New Agers who are always making comments about "how old" is this soul or that soul — one New Age guy I met for the first time shook my hand and his eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "Why, aren't you an old soul!"

I looked at him quizzically and he rejoined, "A man from Atlantis!"

So, he apparently thought that my soul had existed in Atlantis, which would make it, what, about 25,000 years old or older?

If you believe in Atlantis, that is.

Personally, I don't believe in "old" or "young" souls. There's only one soul with many, many outlets.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Personally, I think the two terms are used by those who wish to see themselves as being superior to others.

My current understanding says that there are no such things as young or old souls. Instead a soul may inject a small portion of itself into this dense earth reality.. or in other words, choose to experience this place. And yet that soul is ancient and has experienced many other worlds before coming to this one.

In this scenario all souls are ancient, and the only way we might think of one as being young is when it is new to here only. This scenario also says therefore that all souls are already Acended Masters, having 'risen' out of other worlds offering experience.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Just how many years does it take for the soul to be considered "old"

Poeple generally seem to use the expression to convey an impression of wisdom and understanding, not actual "age." It's very likely that nobody reading this is in a position to actually observe a soul's age, so it's difficult to give an answer in years or lifetimes.

However, if you ever run into someone bragging about what an old soul they are...you could always ask them why that's a good thing. I mean...if one is still stuck in a cycle of reincarnation here on earth after a couple thousand lifetimes, one might start to wonder why.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
That's one of those New Age expressions, although I know people have casually spoken of "old souls" throughout history, usually in reference to people who are wise beyond their years.

Now, if you're talking about those New Agers who believe in reincarnation, the expression "old soul" has an entirely different meaning. I've talked with New Agers who are always making comments about "how old" is this soul or that soul — one New Age guy I met for the first time shook my hand and his eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "Why, aren't you an old soul!"

I looked at him quizzically and he rejoined, "A man from Atlantis!"

So, he apparently thought that my soul had existed in Atlantis, which would make it, what, about 25,000 years old or older?

If you believe in Atlantis, that is.

Personally, I don't believe in "old" or "young" souls. There's only one soul with many, many outlets.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

The problem with the old souls theory of reincarnation is that there are so few people who actually exhibit the expected development of an old soul.

One would expect them to be Enlightened Beings Appearing as One with the Divine or Consciousness Itself. There are such Beings.

Yet there are perhaps only a handful of people who seem to be at that level, while there are many tens of millions of reasonably sincere spiritual seekers.

One could thus conclude there is no such thing as spiritual progress or in other words no such thing as a soul.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The problem with the old souls theory of reincarnation is that there are so few people who actually exhibit the expected development of an old soul.
That's because a wise soul would never choose to come to Earth, unless they were in fact some sort of "indigo child", or whatever they call them, the so called saviors of Humanity. There are few reasons an advanced soul would come to Earth, thus, you would expect such people to be a minority.

[edit on 13/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ecclesiastes 7:7 :For oppression makes a wise man mad, And a bribe corrupts the heart.

Most of the semi older souls are used to better times, I don't think they take the change as easy as we think! They think one way and they see the world they see is another way. Its going to create a dichotomy in there mind. But they are used to a monetary system for the last 4 thousand years. And now that is starting to go I think the semi older souls won't bother to come back to this place "remember it's a choice"

But I think the very oldest souls will start to come back to show how to do things that existed before there was money and possessions and the world was spiritual.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

One would expect them to be Enlightened Beings Appearing as One with the Divine or Consciousness Itself. There are such Beings.

One could thus conclude there is no such thing as spiritual progress or in other words no such thing as a soul.

Couple of things to expand on here.

1/. Expectations, specifically by humans of what should be what when we are using such limited awareness and perceptions to make such a judgement. Hence, expectations have no place in reality.

2/. With Soul being a much "higher level" of awareness we do not see that it is already perfect and in no need of any Development. It is fully developed before any portion of it is injected into this limited level of awareness.

3/. All Souls are Enlightened, in that they operate withing Light. Again it is us who do not understand what Enlightenment is to begin with because we have set beliefs about what it should be and therefore expectations.

4/. Spiritual progress is only a matter of learning how you will open up to the Light, and thus begin the process of Remembering what you are and why you chose to be here this time.

Just want to add here that Enlightenment is none of the things we think it is. It is instead only the ability to open ourselves up to more Light, and therefore more Memories from Soul level, more Insight and more Understanding. It isn't a Trophy we attain or that causes us to always be enlightened in every moment because to open to light is a choice matter in each moment, especially when we are experiencing the flesh body here.

Originally posted by CHA0S
That's because a wise soul would never choose to come to Earth, unless they were in fact some sort of "indigo child", or whatever they call them, the so called saviors of Humanity. There a few reasons an advanced soul would come to Earth, thus, you would expect such people to be a minority.

Again, we humans have these Expectations and Beliefs of what is what, when we are far too limited in our own perceptions to see beyond the boundaries of those limitations.

All Souls who choose to have the Experience of Here are fully aware that there are conditions and "Aspects in play".

We limited awareness humans do not see that to a Soul ALL Experience is Valid, so it matters not whether a life of poverty, or murdering, or riches, or happy marriage, etc, are being chosen for experience. Simply because it is all Experience on Offer in this world.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

We limited awareness humans do not see that to a Soul ALL Experience is Valid, so it matters not whether a life of poverty, or murdering, or riches, or happy marriage, etc, are being chosen for experience. Simply because it is all Experience on Offer in this world.
OK, that's a very valid point...but I still think few souls would actually choose to experience a life on Earth, be it a valid experience or not...it's probably one of those things where you choose to experience something just for the sake of trying something new or to help focus your perspectives, or what have you...but Earth isn't one of those places where you constantly go back, unless you have a reason too (eg indigo children)...I think an infant species is best left to infant souls for now, with a few older souls guiding them...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
OK, that's a very valid point...but I still think few souls would actually choose to experience a life on Earth, be it a valid experience or not...it's probably one of those things where you choose to experience something just for the sake of trying something new or to help focus your perspectives, or what have you...but Earth isn't one of those places where you constantly go back, unless you have a reason too (eg indigo children)...I think an infant species is best left to infant souls for now, with a few older souls guiding them...

Hi,

Given that Earth provides constantly changing available experiences it would make sense also for Souls to choose many lifetimes in order to gain the maximum experience possible.

Since time to us appears to run in a linear fashion over known intervals, we also do not understand that to Soul time is nothing, therefore all lives here are but a blink of the eye. Thousands of lives are nothing as far as time is concerned to a Soul.

Interestingly enough, this understanding also allows for Souls to have multiple incarnates in this world as well as on other worlds or in other "dimensions". How's that for a "way outside of the box" concept?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
considering that a soul is eternal, it can be neither old nor young, it just is.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I have always been intrigued by this subject. I found a lot of great information on the site Soul Ages.

Here's an excerpt...

As we continue through our thread of lifetimes, copiously gathering experiences, learning lessons, and fulfilling agreements, an evolutionary process transpires and this course of development is called Soul Age.

There are five soul ages that we progress through during our cycle on the physical plane.

*edit to add* a little something I wrote approximately a month ago that puts into perspective a phenomena that I have noticed occurs to me practically everywhere I go:

Lost Soul

My friend, your soul is not lost.
It is merely young and weak.
For the souls of the old shall give you the guidance you seek.
An old soul shall guide you when the darkness calls.
They shall be there to catch you whenever you fall.
You are not alone in your journey this is guaranteed.
My friend, your soul is not lost.
It is merely young and weak.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your replies everyone.
Really made me think. Thanks once again.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i believe i am an old soul, i never fit in.... i don't remember being childish an silly even when i was a child

i never liked authority, i despise politics and i think money is what will destroy humanity in the end, power corrupts

i always thought too much, even when i was like 4 years old,
i would analyze people's behavior, reactions, i can put myself in someone else's shoes, and i could always feel other people
from most of them i got bad vibes, that's why i didn't have many friends in school,

because i didn't party and get drunk with my pears i was considered a FREAK, or just WEIRD

i did hurt me at times, but i learned to live my life without thinking what people might think or say about me,
as a kid, an later a teenager i wanted nothing but love and peace, but people around me where ignorant, selfish, materialistic, self-centered and i got really depressed

later as a young adult i came at peace with myself, i see the wrongs and the rights... i chose what's right, the truth, which doesn't go mainstream

i believe love is the universal law, and "don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you" as the only "bill of right" everything else is BS, just means to keep us in darkness and ignorance

i'm 22 now, and my few friends are all oder, like 20 + years older, i don't like people my age, or rather their behavior

i seem to be attracted only to wise, intelligent people, no matter what age, what gender... what social status etc....
this reality we are all experiencing is NOT the way it was intended, human beings are not created for being slaves to corporations, to money and greed, we are made for nature, we ARE nature, we ARE love

modern society just puts us in a box, likes to label us, and break us

i don't consider myself superior because i think i'm an old soul,, i know i'm an old soul, and i know i chose to be on earth for some reason, though at times sucks, especially at times like this
we have to become ONE, all are equal, all part of the same whole, we have to return to origins... politics and money is a distraction form finding our true path and true origin, i believe it's all in us, we just misplaced the key

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by raynemarina
i believe i am an old soul, i never fit in....

Me too but I consider myself more of a mature soul than an old soul.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

But I think the very oldest souls will start to come back to show how to do things that existed before there was money and possessions and the world was spiritual.

Just my thoughts.

or maybe.... anybody could use possession spells, the mass media, religious brainwashing, indortrination, forced propaganda, symbolism, & subliminal suggestions to ritually sacrifice us or steal our bodies & give them to such oldest souls. So these oldest souls will help them do better despite being intellectually retarded parasite souls and then make huge money by inventing some brand new ways of thinking. With same old ideas that were already present once long ago before being destroyed & misinterpreted by the same people who want them back because they are too stupid to keep it going

top topics

join