It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How ARMY/Military Recruiting Used To Be!! This may bring back memories for some!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey guys...I joined the US Army in 1995 and since that year I looked LONG and hard for the recruitment video that I watched in the recruiting office back in PA. In my mind the song and video actually helped me decide back then that the Military was the right choice for me.

Well today (3/12/10) I remembered the lyrics to that song as I have for the last 15 years, and typed it in google. Well to my suprise on youtube the video I remember was there. I gotta tell you, it made me tear up. It made me think back to a life I loved. Made me think back to how things used to be a mere 15 years ago.

To anyone who joined the military, especially the Army, before 1997, you may remember this video too. From my understanding, in 1997 is when they stopped using it. Anyway...here it is...great vid, great song, great times! ENJOY!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The world was definitely a different place then...

Of course now, with the very real possibility of going off to a desert hellhole, recruitment has to emphasize the more tangible benefits, to attract modern soldiers...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

When I joined a decade before you did, the US Army was still using its "Be All That You Can Be" jingo. I also remember the US Navy had "It's More Than Just a Job..." as theirs for a while.

The army also had an ad that stated "We do more before 9AM than more people do all day" was used for a while.

My favorite ads have been from the Marines: The knight fighting the dragon and many others.

new topics

join