It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Ancient sex on show in Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Warning: Ancient sex on show in Paris

www.google.com

He says the sexual acts evoke the rituals that accompanied the death of dignitaries, and the human sacrifices that went with them. They tell a story about the power of the elite that he says has parallels with modern life. Originally interpreted as evidence of a decadent culture, Bourget says the sexual acts should be seen as a visual discourse on the power of the Moche elite. It's a story that has parallels with modern debates from the burqa to the death penalty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is something I've never thought about. Ancient sex and how it was viewed amongst the people. In the article the curator comes up with an amazing theory. I will quote it here.

"You control sexuality, you control access to it, and in the process you give yourself power over groups, over people and you embed this power into values and you disseminate the values as being part of the population," he says.

"The population accept this because they believe its part of their values. They don't think they are being controlled."

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Brilliant post, jackflap.

I have always been of the mind that the hormones and neurochemistries associated with sex focus the attention of an individual to another. The demonizing of sex through organized religion was a brilliant societal control in that it allowed for attention to unilaterally be attributed towards the purveyors of the information.

There is a reason why pagan religions fell to Christianity...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I have always wondered about sexual conservatism because it seems like some of the most despotic empires were sexually conservative.

I mean, here in the United States a 16 year old male can be targeted as a sexual predator for having relations with his girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The demonizing of sex through organized religion was a brilliant societal control in that it allowed for attention to unilaterally be attributed towards the purveyors of the information.

I know! I cannot even imagine the depths of evil attributed to this scheme. To know this was being done in ancient civilizations really clarifies things in this day and age doesn't it? How crazy is this?

"All state societies be they French, be they American, be they any, are by definition violent systems," Bourget said. "The state gives itself the right to kill, to put people in jail, to control them." In places where the ideological pole is strongest — from the Moche sacrifices through Ancient Rome to modern day Texas — the state tries to magnify its power through ritualized violence.

Edited to add external content source is same as link.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I mean, here in the United States a 16 year old male can be targeted as a sexual predator for having relations with his girlfriend.

I don't get it my friend. What do you mean? When I was sixteen I never worried about any of that.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
They say the second oldest profession in the world is prostitution and that the only reason it is not the oldest is someone had to make some money first to pay the prostitute.

Chances are it was a politician, though chances are the oldest profession is that of a paid warrior.

Sex is a form of power all in and of itself that can and should never be discounted or overlooked.

Fertility rituals played heavily into ancient societies. Numbers meant security and the Vestal Virgins of Rome are a classic example. Legend says that at Rome’s birth it had a handful of warriors, brave and strong, enough to start a fortification, enough to start a town.

They lacked one thing though and that was women to breed to repopulate that town, so the fought their first war to take a neighboring kingdom’s women.

Men will literally kill for women and sex and still do.

From then on as part of Rome’s many religions it kept 7 Vestal Virgins one for each fabled hill to represent that as long as there were virgin women that Rome could rebirth itself again and again and again. It was one of the greatest honors in Rome to be a Vestal Virgin and one of the most horrific punishments was meted out for somehow misplacing that virginity. Vestal Virgins who broke their vows were buried alive.

Of course the sect of Bacchus was all about male fertility and sexual intercourse. It wasn’t uncommon for parties to be held where a woman would be selected who would in fact end up as a sexual sacrifice being used over and over again for the guests pleasure until she simply expired from that use.

Sex and death are two things that go together, and many people to this day who go to a funeral in the morning will rush straight to their lover’s arms that afternoon.

The reaffirmation of life in the face of death is in many ways what sex is all about. It is a primordial impulse that so consumes and weighs on people making laws and morality about it, how to have it, when to have it, when its ok to have it and not have it, and with who and what all governs people with senses of guilt and propriety.

Personally I appreciated the good old days when one only needed a good sturdy club to hit your lover over the head with and a cave to drag her back too. (The local police have advised me this has gone out of style somewhere during the ages but couldn’t quite explain the reasoning behind it to my satisfaction)

Sex is a potent weapon, it can be used to compromise and blackmail a person with another wise moral and upstanding reputation, it can be used to distract certain people at important points in time, it can be used to bankrupt and isolate someone when a skilled hustler is employed in that endeavor.

Sex can also be a form of dominance and the Powers that Be find some of their greatest challenges in rewards in trying to seduce and dominate one another sexually.

When you have all the money in the world sometimes the only thing you don’t have is that lustful interaction or love that money alone can’t by. Its one area for them that represents a more even playing field challenge.

It is believed that at the moment of orgasm the average person comes closest to being in touch with their inherent but suppressed psychic powers. Soul mated lovers who know no taboos or restraints come as close to universal oneness as one can get with out stepping out onto the astral plane.

Sex is an art, sex is a weapon, sex is a way to make money, sex is a way to dominate others, sex they tell me is even a way to have babies!

Or so they tell me when ever I complain about having six children to look after!

Sex can also rob one of focus, distract them, and cause a person such inner conflict as to render them useless.

Personally my vote is to bring back the clubs and the caves, or to go with abstinence in that absence, because the truth is that sex is one of the most powerful and common control elements that there is.

Articles just don’t do it justice; books can be written and often are.

One thing is for sure when it comes to the Powers that Be and that is they do look to turn everything into a weapon for their control.

Sex is definitely one of them. Interesting thread JackFlap. Star and Flag.

[edit on 12/3/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You may be interested in a book called 'Earth Rites' by Janet & Colin Board, which illuminates many of the ancient 'fertility cults' throughout Europe. I think you will find a few parallels... and it's a great book in it's own right.

IRM

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by dalan.

I don't get it my friend. What do you mean? When I was sixteen I never worried about any of that.

Here:

www.liveleak.com...

Stuff like this happens all of the time. I can find more stories.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

G'day dalan

What a terrible story.

Thanks for posting.....I was not aware of that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Start here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Look at Tantric practices in India, China and Tibet.

Some links here.

www.tantraworks.com...

NB: 98% of available works/pages on the net are crap.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by dalan.

G'day dalan

What a terrible story.

Thanks for posting.....I was not aware of that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Yeah, I know, I felt for the kid but it goes to show how messed up the State has become.

Kind regards
Please give us a definitive answer...or not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Man I thought for a long time about this article today. I wondered if the evidence was clear that sex was being used as a control mechanism in societies past, how would that translate to our modern society today? For this type of knowledge and the use of it to have been utilized on a global scale.

It must have been someone who was exposed to all different kinds of cultures and societies. Someone not only exposed to them but someone who was given the state secrets of these exotic cultures for scrutiny and study. There has been no one in history who peacefully traveled the world gleaning the darkest secrets of ancient cultures and societies. Although there has been one who actively participated in the conquering of ancient cultures and societies.

This individual would have by force taken their top secret information and been able to see a common thread throughout all of them. His conclusion would have been one of startling clarity. He would have seen first hand what the mechanisms of human beings really are and how to harness those mechanisms. Financial, sexual, religous mechanisms by which to control the whole world. That individual being Julius Ceasar who not only sent armies to conquer, but joined them and led them.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We have very little public documentation of the thought process' of the elite in our ancestory. And most of which is unfortunately provided in languages and cultural influences as to make the layman analysis (of which I count myself apart of) inadequate or completely moot.

That said, cultural mores and the idea that some of them are falling to science these days, does indeed suggest psychological manipulation. Consider as well the following link, the first vending machine...a machine designed to fool temple goers into believing a miracle provided "holy water"...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I watched a special on this type of stuff. In some of the temples everything was secretly mechanized. The statues would appear to move or bleed or talk. The whole thing was a way to pilfer the faithful and at the same time enforce control over them. I wonder how someone could sleep at night knowing what they were doing?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

16 year olds are not treated as "sexual predators" in the US, but we tend to treat sexuality as dirty and unhealthy. In Europe and many other modern countries, people tend to view sex as healthy. They do not have religious leaders that tell 16 year olds they are "defiling" their bodies and will go to hell if they do the things that come naturally to 16 year-olds.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I see what you are saying. There are religious institutions that equate the natural tendencies of a human being with the spiritual. They are condemned if they break the rules that are imposed on them and are led to believe that they are in fact unnatural. So the human being is left feeling as though there must be something wrong with them. This can lead to depression and a variety of other disorders that are too long to list.

Take for example the pedophile scandal that has rocked the Catholic Church. I believe this is a direct result of requiring their clergy to remain celibate. I believe they secretly justified themselves in their actions by not breaking the major rule that was imposed on them and twisted their minds to accept something else. Can you see what I mean?

top topics

join