It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution beats creationism 10 to 3 and thats generous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hello ats i would like to start off by saying evolution is a FACT not a theory this man said it best

science has backed up evolution time and time again it's true!! watch cosmos!
and creotionism has no backing other than the bible and many christians will say that the fact the bible exists proves everything about god, angels and, creation.
IT SIMPLY DOES NOT. with that logic evolution is true because the book origins of the species exists, or that that a place beyond time and space where cowboys fight demons exist because stephen king wrote the dark tower.

also beleivers say the bible is historically accurate
well yes it is on many things but news flash
the pyramids were built by egyptian contractors who were paid very well not jewish slaves and genesis doesn't add up to what we know is true

1) The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. Genesis 1:1 The earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. From science, we know that the true order of events was just the opposite.

2) “And God said, Let there be light” (Genesis 1:3) and “. . .And the evening and the morning were the first day” (Genesis 1 :5), versus “And God said, ‘Let there be light in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night....’ “And God made two lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also… And the evening and morning were the fourth day” (Genesis 1 :14-19). These violates two major facts. Light cannot exist without a sun, and secondly, how can morning be distinguished from evening unless there is a sun and moon? Christians try to claim that god is the light he is referring to yet, considering the context it is quite obvious that the light god is speaking of is the light emitted by the sun. Just another feeble attempt at trying to rationalize such a MAJOR blunder.

3) God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament (Genesis 1:6-8). This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our space program.

4) Plants are made on the third day (Genesis 1:11) before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19).

5) “And God said, ‘Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind… ‘And the evening and the morning were the third day” (Genesis 1:11-13), versus “And God said, ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life… And God created - great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly… And the evening and the morning were the fifth day” (Genesis 1:20-23). Genesis says that life existed first on the land as plants and later the seas teemed with living creatures. Geological science can prove that the sea teemed with animals and vegetable life long before vegetation and life appeared on land.

6) “And God said, ‘Let the water bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven” (Genesis 1:20). Birds did not emerge from water.

7) "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, the beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made…every thing that creepth upon the earth after his kind…" (Genesis 1:24-25). Science contends that reptiles were created long before mammals, not simultaneously. While reptiles existed in the Carboniferous Age, mammals did not appear until the close of the Reptilian Age.
my source is evilbible.com
any thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Agreed. As a scientific theory (and as you stated, a fact... many erroneously believe that a scientific theory means it is unproven when actually in science a theory is as solid as it gets) evolution beats creationism 100% to 0% as creationism is not scientific (neither is ID theory).

Religions should stick to what they do best, which is faith, not science.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

thank you for your reply also i think that religion should stay in church and out of the science class. and if it absoluetly must fund it's way into school it should be in a theology class as an elective only

would anyone like to share thoughts?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Gen 1:
God does stuff. day 1-5, making stuff, creepy crawlies, etc.
Day 6, he makes people
Day 7 he takes off

Day 7, some guy named Lord (in hebrew, Lord was the lord of the land, the overlord) came along and made Adam/Eve. They do stuff, they screw up by gaining knowledge by some serpent (omg, reptilians) showing them science.

Kicked out of the garden. Adam and Eve have a couple kids. Cain and Abel
Total world population: 4
Cain kills Abel: Pop: 3
Cain gets kicked out of the garden and goes to the land of Nod
Cain finds a wife and starts having kids (.....he found a wife...)

Back in the garden, Eve has Seth sometime later on...population of the earth: 4 + mysterious wife that suddenly popped up in Nod and some kids...

I see no logical issues here.

-edited by the Lord of the post

[edit on 12-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

excellent point though i bet christians like perry stone or jim baker or somebody like that will come up with some bull# to cover for those inconsistancies. maybe they already have. why area they still trying to prove their illogical dead religion?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Evolution does not explain where life came from.Abiogenesisis what you should be talking about, or Spontaneous Generation.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
Evolution does not explain where life came from.Abiogenesisis what you should be talking about, or Spontaneous Generation.

and why do you say that?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Did you read both articles already?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i know what they are but have you even read my opening statement

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

excellent point though i bet christians like perry stone or jim baker or somebody like that will come up with some bull# to cover for those inconsistancies. maybe they already have. why area they still trying to prove their illogical dead religion?

Cains wife has never been satisfied..some say it was Eve he married (impossible, this happened before seth was born), some say it was a sister (again, this was pre-seth...Adam and Eve's 3rd kid).

Mostly they ignore it because it makes no sense...God works in mysterious ways...or is it the lord who works in mysterious ways..well, one of them does..

The "aliens in the bible" group simply states Lord and God are two different people...some ETs made people, some lord made Adam and Eve on the sabbath...the sanctified day...the day when no work was to be going on...aka, the devil = the lord according to some interpretations...Lord God...translated roughly would be Land God, or the Overlord of earth, which is lucifers job..

Heres something else. the lord resides in heaven...Heaven was created with the earth...therefore heaven is just as physical as earth, bugs, etc...God does not reside in heaven...it clearly states the kingdom of God is where he resides...the lord however resides in the kingdom of heaven...and there have been threads on how heaven (not heavens) is a literal planet.

I think the bible is compelling, it really is a great read...and I think that every religion has no flipping clue wtf they are talking about. This book is soooo not about dietys, but it may very well be the story of ancient ETs, written by primitive men

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i think the point was, evolution has nothing to do with the creation of life. Life was created (by who knows what) then we evolved into what we are now.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ashanu90

Mostly they ignore it because it makes no sense...God works in mysterious ways...or is it the lord who works in mysterious ways..well, one of them does..

christians just say that because they can't explain reality and their afraid they won't live forever in heaven and forget all their sorrows and just be happy forerever sounds like brainwashing to me

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And if we except that it is a fact and everything is random and happens for no reason, what exactly is the point to our exitence on this planet? If people except that evolution is final, where do we go from there? Are we really meant to just strip this planet of all its resources and that all animals are here just to support the top of the food chain and thats it? Atleast with Intelligent design we all have a place in this F-ed up life and that nature/someone has a plan for us and that we can live a balanced life with nature and technology...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

1) The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. Genesis 1:1 The earth is created before light and stars

Genesis 1 verse 1 "In the beginning God created HEAVEN and earth" note that heaven and earth were created, heaven is listed first. Lets call it the Big Bang. End of line.

Now if you were standing on the earth when the galaxy was formed, how long would it take the earth to settle into orbit and how long would it take for the sun's rays (once it got cookin' and produce light) to reach earth?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by dusty1]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

And if we except that it is a fact and everything is random and happens for no reason, what exactly is the point to our exitence on this planet?

The point of your existance is whatever you choose to be the point, be it reproduction, teaching, attaining stuff, or absolutely nothing at all...your free to accept your own point, or not.

If people except that evolution is final, where do we go from there? Are we really meant to just strip this planet of all its resources and that all animals are here just to support the top of the food chain and thats it? Atleast with Intelligent design we all have a place in this F-ed up life and that nature/someone has a plan for us and that we can live a balanced life with nature and technology...

So, if you personally dont believe in a God, you will suddenly become a disasterous monster on the earth? Is the only thing holding you back from being a raider on earth the fear of a space ghost?

Perhaps the concept of "this is is" may teach you to respect the earth and life even moreso...knowing this is all we get, no afterlife, no space ghosts coming to rescue us...just what we build here for ourselves...be it a heaven on earth with perfect balance, or a hell on earth followed by complete extinction.

imagine if there was no religion...would the twin towers have fallen? would the world be truely so messed up as it is now?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

imagine if there was no religion...would the twin towers have fallen? would the world be truely so messed up as it is now?

Ah yes the world would truly be eden without religion. Man is not and has never been tempted by greed, ego and power.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I agree, my life is my own and I make it what it is. However, when you tell people that it's all random and things don't happen for a reason it tends to leave life quite bland. I was also speaking in the sense like ok great evolution is final, what now? and where do we take this bit of knowledge and how is it going to help us out in life? Lol, you misinterpreted what I was saying although quite funny. What I was more trying to get is that evolution promotes the fittest survive and everything is here for our taking. Instead, I was saying more towards what you're saying. What we put in is what we get, no one is going to save us, my problem with evolution is it plays like everything is here for us and our taking and that we don't have to have a balanced approach towards any of it. We could use less religious radicals and more thinkers like you.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Perhaps the concept of "this is is" may teach you to respect the earth and life even moreso...knowing this is all we get, no afterlife, no space ghosts coming to rescue us...just what we build here for ourselves.

Yeah, survival of the fittest is great when your the lion. Some people in this world are born into a life of misery and suffering, tough hop for them I guess....

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Perhaps the concept of "this is is" may teach you to respect the earth and life even moreso...knowing this is all we get, no afterlife, no space ghosts coming to rescue us...just what we build here for ourselves.

Yeah, survival of the fittest is great when your the lion. Some people in this world are born into a life of misery and suffering, tough hop for them I guess....

well someone has get the bad end of the gun. i mean life is not sunshine and farts everyone can't be happy it's like having your cake and eating it too(i hate that phrase but it makes sense in this situation) so it's only chance that people who are born in a miserable life. most unfortunate though.

you can't get a high number everytime you roll the dice

[edit on 13-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well, some people might give a bit more...plenty of people thinking that people born into misery and suffering will have extra donuts or whatnot in heaven, therefore justify giving less to those people in this life.

Who said life is fair? life is life, just be glad whenever your able to take a breath...because theres someone on earth that just lost that privledge

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join