It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't all religious groups adopt "ALL" children that need adoption?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Well we adopted a child due to my humanitarian beliefs which actually trump the religious beliefs.

I believe that most religious organisations are tied up with notions of bloodlines and hence are very pro biological family. This of itself is not a dig at any religion just an observation. I was on a compulsory 4 day adoption course. When we had our biological kids we did not have any parenting course. Hence there is an issue of time.

In the adoption course three of the four days was given over to what is acceptable conduct as a parent and towards a child and covered personal boundaries privacy etc. Given some of the child abuse scandals that we have had in the UK it was understandable that the social workers wanted to protect themselves. Erm what about us adopters

It was only on the last day that the adoption agency mentioned the fact that many of the kids have had such tough lives that they are prone mental health issues like rages, smear feces odd sexual conduct etc.

Also 40 % of adoptions in the UK break down.

In short adoption can be very hard work.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Alice
In order to prevent abortion, pro-lifers must provide an alternative. That doesn't necessarily mean adopting a child.

Here are some possibilities:

Spread awareness to dispel myths about adoption
Promote open adoption as an alternative to the traditional method
Organize charities to make the process cheaper
Help impoverished mothers so they can afford to keep their babies
Provide homes for pregnant teens who have been thrown out by Fundy parents
Provide free birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies

Frankly I believe that a lot of pro-life people don't actually care about the innocent unborn child at all. Their real purpose is to punish the "sluts" for having sex. The children are just a tool used to punish the parents. If you really want to save lives, you need to stop worrying about the law, and do something practical to help.

How about stop having sex if you can't afford to raise a child. Simple isn't it?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Well we adopted a child due to my humanitarian beliefs which actually trump the religious beliefs.

Exactly how to humanitarian beliefs "trump" religious beliefs? Are you just inferring that it is better in some way or another?

I believe that most religious organisations are tied up with notions of bloodlines and hence are very pro biological family.

Read my previous posts there are numerous christian adoptiona agencies and parent groups. The only place where i hear religion tied in with blood lines is when people go into their davinci code rant or david icke starts talking about reptilians.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join