It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing Isaiah 13 and Book Revelation Fall of Babylon Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In Isaiah 13 we see that Babylon is todays Iraq and the Medes are the Persians of Iranians of today. We know that Iran and Iraq have waged wars against each other already in the 1980s where 1 million died of the consequences, there is rumour that Iran is sending suicide bombers to Iraq but we can not be entirely sure. We know they have brought long range Missiles from Russia and Eziekiel 38 mentiones their connection here. Anyway a lot of people think Babylon could be two Babylons in the book of Revelations. But Isaiah makes sure that it is speaking about Iraq of today not America or New York like some think as it speaks about Arabs and Medes which are Persians.

Isaiah 13

17 The Lord will stir up the Medes to attack the Babylonians.
They aren't interested in getting silver.
They don't delight in gold.
18 Instead, they will use their bows and arrows
to strike the young men down.
They won't even show any mercy to babies.
They won't take pity on children.
19 The city of Babylon is the jewel of kingdoms.
It is the glory and pride of the Babylonians.
But God will destroy it
just as he did Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 No one will ever live in Babylon again.
No one will live there for all time to come.
Arabs will never set up their tents there.
Shepherds will never rest their flocks there.
21 But desert creatures will lie down there.
Wild dogs will fill its houses.
Owls will live there.
Wild goats will jump around in it.
22 Hyenas will cry out in its forts.
Wild dogs will bark in its beautiful palaces.
The time for Babylon to be punished is near.
Its days are numbered.
Text

The river Euphrates is in Iraq where the garden of Eden was situated once.

Revelation 9

13 The sixth angel blew his trumpet. Then I heard a voice coming from the corners of the golden altar that stands in front of God. 14 The voice spoke to the sixth angel who had the trumpet. It said, "Set the four angels free who are held at the great river Euphrates."

15 The four angels had been ready for this very hour and day and month and year. They were set free to kill a third of all people. 16 The number of troops on horseback was 200,000,000. I heard how many there were.

Text

Revelation 18

Babylon Falls

1 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority. His glory filled the earth with light. 2 With a mighty voice he shouted,
"Fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen!
She has become a place where demons live.
She has become a den for every evil spirit.
She has become a nest for every 'unclean' and hated bird.
3 All the nations have drunk
the strong wine of her terrible sins.
The kings of the earth took part in her evil ways.
The traders of the world grew rich from her great wealth."
Text

[edit on 12-3-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I might be wrong but if you think about breastplates of fire than you could today think of suicide bombers and maybe the the power in their mouths and tails could be phone activated bombs for other types of bombs and the tails mean lies in which they impliment these actions.

But then again maybe they are demons or certain Angels that look like this.

Revelation 9

17The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.
Text

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I like how you think time lird

addimg to that thought , what if drinking from her wine ...is actually saying drinking the huge oil supply.

And on your second post ,,,What would be the yellow like sulpher

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to research what certain words and likenesses mean, they are usually a cross reference in how God speaks to certain people or how things are translated from the eartly to the heavenly realms. Some words have parable like meanings some are just the use of old language. The wine could be the oil supply but I think it represents luxury of some sort, Alchole and wine is forbidden in most Muslism faith countries unless of course not in a democratic Iraq. I read that some do drink wine but it is not big scale news and we know why.

If a good symbol is mixed with a bad one it means it is contaminated, so the wine has turned bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think here we have Babylon the centre of confusion which is in Iraq as a future empire finance of the future world, this has not happened. Some say it is America, but Babylon is also known as the cities of the earth which probably share their wealth with the capital known as Babylon.

top topics

join