It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday March 16th, California Earthquake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Bad prediction

Ya your azz. The guy frakon nailed it. One man reported the ground felt like it was sinking and the day is only half over. I live in So. Cal and can
tell you prequels are usually in the range of 4 to 5 with no expertise in the field. That's right prequel. I just woke up. K

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All of you are missing the point. The quake was a 4.4 at 4:04 AM. Anyone familiar with numerology and the meaning of 4444?

I actually woke up 2 minutes prior to the quake and the word "earthquake" went through my head and I saw a picture in my mind of the underground and a "snap" happening. I thought to myself "Oh, now that would make a bad earthquake." Two minutes later my bed started shaking. Thankfully, I was wrong about the "bad" part of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I hesitated to write this post…emotional conflict I guess, for I never take much stock in predictions.

Currently, there are 2 hot predictions on Mar 16th. One on this thread, and the other to do with religion, both talking about the same dates. I don’t know how the 2 authors got the idea of the date.

The author of this thread ‘may’ have got it spot on.

The Cantonese had been one of the more dominant dialect groups of Chinese in the western world since the Anglo penetration into the barbaric empire of Ching dynasty in the 1800s, through the only port allowed by the authorities in Hong Kong. Most of those living came from the Kwantung Province, mainly Cantonese speaking.

To the Cantonese, the numeral 4 plays a very strong superstitious aspect in their lives for centuries even till today, for it rhymes of death in its dialect. House plots and anything to do with living would assiduously avoid using that numeral.

For those who cannot avoid it, would pray hard and do all they can to avert such omens. It permeates not only to the dialect group in China, but to other dialect groups as well, for the Chinese are largely a superstitious ethnic group.

Thus for 4444, it would mean ‘death, death, death, death’. Taken in this context, it would mean the California Earthquake was meant as a total wipeout of human lives there at the ‘appointed’ time.

But it did not happen. I tried an explanation. You can read here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many modern Chinese are attempting to get rid of their superstitious belief, so as to grasp opportunities that life presents.

For example, if an unit apartment on the 4th floor and have a unit number of 4, is a good bargain to buy, most of these Chinese would twist the rhyming of ‘4’ to mean ‘rise’. Rise means elevation, evolution of an issue in Cantonese.

‘4444’ California earthquake deaths had been averted today.

‘4444’ California earthquake would mean instead an elevation and evolution of our consciousness.

Good Luck to Californians and others in the world's tectonic plate zones today and future. May more partake in the Earth Hour experiment, beginning today if possible. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I predict that there will be an earthquake in California before midnight (West Coast time) tonight, March 21, 2010.

And I'll be right. You can bet your house on it.

Here's why: predicting that there will be an earthquake somewhere in California on any given day is not actually a "prediction" at all. It's stating a given. California has dozens of earthquakes every day, though most of them are quite small.

Take a look at the near-real-time map for California and Nevada on this link from USGS. At the time I'm writing it shows 662 quakes, most of them in California rather than Nevada. (That's six hundred and sixty-two quakes, in case anyone thinks the number is a typo.) And this map only shows quakes that have occurred there during the past 7 days.

As for magnitude, a mag 4.4 in no way can be considered "major". By common convention, a mag 7 or above would be "major", while a mag 6 would be "strong". California has had several mag 4-plus quakes lately, but most of them went unreported by the msm because they were off-shore.

The point is this: if someone wants to predict a quake in a certain region and at a certain time, I'm all for it. Better to speak up than shut up, as sometimes people are right. But a prediction for a region as seismically active as California, which has dozens of quakes every day, needs to be a bit more specific. Like, a more precise magnitude range. (eg "mag 5 to 6, San Francisco region"). Otherwise, the "prediction" is utterly worthless and proves nothing.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes, but not all of them are noticed...and most of them are not even mentioned on the news. I believe this one made the national news, therefore it was one of note.

Just give the OP some credit...is it that hard really?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tk2dsky

Oh, I'm not criticizing the OP and I apologize if I gave that impression. As I read it, the OP wasn't actually making the prediction alone but instead was reporting it, which is laudable. In fact I have starred the OP's post and flagged the thread, because it's useful to have discussion about such matters, especially as the scientific community generally holds to the belief that earthquakes cannot be predicted. I just feel it's good if members are made aware of the actual situation in regards to quakes in California and other regions in or near the PNW, so that they can assess any predictions about them in that light.

I'm all in favour of pursuing and investigating various methods of earthquake prediction. In fact I have at least a few hundred posts on ATS on this very subject, so it's not like I'm against the idea.
But it's helpful if we look at available data, so that we can sift the real predictions from the "givens".

Personally I find the numerological angle the most interesting. It was a 4.4, and it is registered on USGS with an event time of precisely 04:04:00. Quakes that fall bang on a minute (meaning and zero seconds) are relatively rare. It looks like it was the only such one during the past week for California, anyway, out of the hundreds they had. So that could be something to follow up on.

If we can figure out a way to reliably predict quakes then any methods that could help are worth following up on, whether traditional science is interested in them or not. After all, the ultimate aim of predicting them will be to help save lives.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry...a bit cranky today. I didn't mean to snap.
I just get a little sick of people asking why no one writes down their predictions, and when someone does, and it actually has a ring of truth to it, it gets picked apart.

You are absolutely right, anyone can predict that an earthquake will happen in California on any given day, and it will be 100% accurate. The reasons I stated above, why this prediction was notable, gave it validity to me.

Once again, sorry for my shortness.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tk2dsky

No trouble at all. If you look through the thread entitled "An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction" which has been running on ATS for almost 2 years, you'll find quite a few of my posts on the subject and also some predictions I've made, along with references back to ones that were right and others where I was wrong.

On that thread, various members use their own methods and some have a fair degree of success. Better than a probability that would be down to pure chance, anyway. But it's a very complex subject and so the quest for the holy grail of quake prediction is still very much ongoing. That's one reason I star&flag threads like this one.

For more info or help to find some specific examples of predictions just send me a U2U. (It's a pretty big thread.)

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Evidence & Facts on Earthquakes/Earth Changes (Coming) can be found here: www.ec2011.com...

Best Wishes!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Truly this 4.4 earthquake in California on March 16, 2010 is a warning to America that a much larger powerful deadly earthquake is going to hit America soon. Not only was it 4.4 but it occured at 4:04am. Do you see the double 4's to represent the 44th President? It was 11 miles deep and 11 miles from downtown LA. Do you see the 111th Congress?
To confirm this to me, GOD allowed me to see a sign. I was driving home around 9:30 pm on March 16th and see a large electronic sign in red numbers proclaim "4:04". Why would it say 4:04 when it was around 9:30? It was a sign from GOD. I fully encourage everyone to leave California. But not just to leave but also to repent. IF you don't repent, the quakes and judgment from GOD will just follow you to the next state. I do not know when the quake will occur. Just that it is soon enough that you should be moving ASAP.
GOD bless,
Tim www.isawthelightministries.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here's the bizarre thing...in the earthquake prediction thread...March 16th we had a 4.4 earthquake at 4:04 am and now here we are on 4/4 with another earthquake.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tk2dsky

Hmm, so the event predicted, when it took place, itself predicted an event...

thats an intersting observation...since the 4.4M took place at 4:04AM, and this is 4/4...what can we assume from a 6.9M at 3:40PM

But the more important questions are...any CME's last few days? What does cleverbot have to say...
User: Hello.
Cleverbot: Hello.
User: I need to ask you a serious question.
Cleverbot: What is it?
User: Why didn't you tell me about the Baja Californian earthquake?
Cleverbot: You didn't ask. Creep.
User: Did too JERK! Thanks for nothing!
Cleverbot: No problem.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join