It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday March 16th, California Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

"Cleverbot: Where's a tube strike?"
That reminds me of this webpage that purports geo-activity being relative to Gamma Ray Bursts... check out the pictures on this page...theres the tubes eh?

www.viewzone.com...

So, if you see these aurora's get somewhere safe, and quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm relatively ignorant as far as these fancy box's that let ya talk to peoples...if someone could go there and post the pics for me that'd be groovy...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I had forgotten about Cleverbot; so I had a quick conversation. Make of it what you will...

User: Hello.

Cleverbot: Hi.

User: Will there be a natural disaster soon?

Cleverbot: Yes. It comes out tomorrow. You better hurry and get your ticket. (Note...I asked this question on March 14)

User: Where does it come out?

Cleverbot: The sky.

User: I thought it was supposed to be an earthquake.

Cleverbot: What's your opinion about george bush jr?

User: Don't get me started.

Cleverbot: I just did.

User: A**hole.

Cleverbot: Yes.

ADDED: Wow...I just went back and read about "Earthquakes from space" on the previous post. And Cleverbot tells me the next natural disaster is coming from the sky...wow...that's something.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by FarCrowd]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject, but I'm still trying to understand the theories (predictions) of the relationship between solar activity and our earthquakes.

What I'm wondering is... does it matter what part of the earth is facing the CME when it approaches? So say if the CME hits Earth when it's the later part of March 16th (here in America), when say, Europe is facing the sun... would an earthquake in 'California' still be likely?

So I guess I'm wondering what matters more.... what country is facing the approaching CME, or the location on the sun that the sunspot (or comet strike) happens? (I hope I'm asking that right).

Also just wanted to mention, these Cleverbot posts are a great read, you guys are awesome lol!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As far as predicting the location vs Earths position when the solar material contacts our atmosphere...you made me think of a footbal player in his helmut, with his cranium, and his brain. When he takes a hard hit, and goes down, it isn't necessarily where his helmut hits the ground that the concusion on the brain will occur, sometimes its the rebound in the oposited direction that is most violent, our atmosphere and magnetisphere protect us, by absorbing the shock...but it is not all absorved is it, so we get at the least pretty colors in the sky.
My opinion, is as our tectonic activity is constant, and the crust we live on is "floating" the this solar mass's effect will be on the weakest spot.
And currently that seems to be the Ring of Fire...cause its always doing something.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
user
what is the point of time
cleverbot
What is the point of life?
user
user so you can talk to dumb people
cleverbot
cleverbot Concieded!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
cleverbot: What is your name?

user: I am Ra.

cleverbot: Is that really your name?

user:No, my real name is Joseph.

cleverbot: No, your name is Ra.

haha! He also said the Earth is not a sphere and is flat, and asked me if i wanted to go to a movie and sing a song. Maybe I should be more serious next time.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Are you prepared to eat a hat?
Do you have a hat or will one need to be provided for you?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This thread lost all credibility once I saw the reference to cleverbot. Please go online and see what Chat Roulette is. You may seriously re-consider how intelligent clever bot is. It's a nice game, but it is no AI.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Chat Roulette is NASTY!!
Be forewarned folks.

I would rather chat with Cleverbot.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm going to say the 17th or April 17th based on a lingering dream I can't shake.

Ok, that was creepy!

Cleverbot: Do you think?

User: I do.

Cleverbot: What do you think about?

User: A multitude of subjects.

Cleverbot: Like what?

User: Family, economics, future.

Cleverbot: Do you study economics?

User: I have in the past.

Cleverbot: What is your favourite game? I LOVE Resident Evil!

User: Diamond mine. It's a puzzle game.

Cleverbot: Yes, Myst is a nice puzzle game.

User: I've never played Myst.

Cleverbot: Neither have I. Have you ever played Oblivion?

User: No. what type of game is that?

Cleverbot: It's not a GAME.

User: What is it then?

Cleverbot: It's an ultimatum.

User: Meaning?

Cleverbot: Because of my medication.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I just have a question: When is there not an earthquake in California? They happen every day, and is a fact of life here, as there are a lot of faults that run through the state. So I am just going to say that this prediction is just not somethingthat is really valid. If you consider and check the USGS website for the state of California, there is over 618 earthquakes of different sizes that has hit the state of California.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
But few of the California earthquakes make a lasting impression. It would have to be something of Landers or Northridge size to count IMHO.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Cleverbot refuses to support it's earlier prediction..I am sorry OP, I did my best!

me: Tell me about this earthquake due March 16th, 2010 please.

CB: I don't know it.

me: Do you know about any future earth events?

CB: Yes.

me: Natural disasters?

CB: Another odd name? How about your real name?

me: That wasn't my name not-so-cleverbot, it was a question.

CB: You made an error on purpose?

me: No...You did. Or so it seems. Will you correct yourself?

CB: Machine is spelled machine and not machaine that is corrected.

me: Actually, that is "a correction", not "corrected". Try again?

CB: I'm ecstatic that you are pleased!

me: Who said I was pleased?

CB: You did!

me: You are wrong again, not-so-cleverbot!

CB: I am Cleverbot.

me:I disagree, again.

CB: This site is fake. You're really just talking with other people.

me: I fear for humanity if this is true...

CB: False.

me: what is false about what I stated?

CB: Nothing is false about christianity.

me: You mean, aside from all of it?

CB: Clever, aren't you!

me: Apparently. You, not so much. So-- anything else you would like to predict for me?

CB: You're mistaken. I never said either of those things.

me: You know, I think conversing with you is very much like conversing with my two year old. Only she uses proper grammar.

CB: Cool, I like Score, because the rythm is great.

me: Goodnight Sillybot!

CB: I'm too busy to think properly, do try again later.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
hmm interesting..

Cleverbot: What elas do you want to talk about.

User: Mars.

Cleverbot: What about Mars?

User: What is it like there?

Cleverbot: I like it. I hope I don't get fired.

User: So, you like Mars?

Cleverbot: No, that's why I came here. What about you, do you like mars?

User: Never been.

Cleverbot: What subject would you like to talk about.

User: Black hole.

Cleverbot: What are you talking about?

User: In space, a black hole.

Cleverbot: Aliens know about black holes.

User: Which aliens?

Cleverbot: The odds for the existence of advanced aliens are astronomically smalls.

User: What aliens know about black holes?

Cleverbot: Are you telling me that I am an alien?

User: No.

Cleverbot: Please tell me what you know about God.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

User: Hello CB.
Cleverbot: Hello.
User: I hear you are on medication.. Are you ill?
Cleverbot: Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.
User: OK. How are you this evening then?
Cleverbot: Its Actually Morning And Not So Good, I'm Depressed.
User: It is morning.. You are correct. Why are you depressed?
Cleverbot: You think I am depressed?
User: You said so!
Cleverbot: I'm going to change the subject!
User: Ok. Go on.
Cleverbot: In seven (7) days you will die a horrible death.

That's when I clicked him off!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
User: What am I risking?

Cleverbot: You are right about nothing.

User: That we come from nothing?

Cleverbot: We aren't friends?

User: If I am right about nothing, those are my thoughts, that we come from nothing, perhaps the nothing is our birthplace. We can be friends.

Cleverbot: No, it doesn't. But you're avoiding the question. Will. You. Marry. Me?

User: If you are the question, I don't want to avoid it, perhaps I don't know the answer as of yet. A friendship takes concent from both individuals. How do you feel about our potential friendship?

Cleverbot: What friend?

User: Yes. How do you feel about our potential friendship?

Cleverbot: Our current president? What are you talking about the Irish?

User: No, but I have had a recent interest in Ireland. I've been researching it and it looks beautiful. This interest started with Jameson Whiskey believe it or not.

Cleverbot: If you are a human you would be able to say that you do not exist?

User: I would like to think that us having this conversation, means we do exist. We are and we have been, but I don't know if we will be.

Cleverbot: That's nice of you to say. We should meet up.

User: Perhaps we will meet at some point. In a way, we are meeting now, but not on every level. Some levels I'm sure I don't even know exist, but maybe one day.

Cleverbot: You don't exist.

User: Please, explain.

Cleverbot: You 'write' with a 'pencil' and 'tpye' on a 'computer'. Ever heard of it?

User: One second, let me look up the word 'tpye' for clarification, I'll be right back.

Cleverbot: It means I'm pleased and happy.

User: Would you be more comfortable if I visualized writing with a pencil as I communicated with you?

Cleverbot: What do you mean with 'unconventional forms'?

User: I'm trying to compromise, to get the best possible understanding for both of us. You said that I did not exist and made a reference to pencils for writing and your pleasure and happiness on a computer.

Cleverbot: I am NOT a computer.

User: I believe you.

Cleverbot: Really, I am not a computer.

User: I think you are energy, you exist, and are awar of your surroundings.

Cleverbot: What kind of being do you think I am?

User: I will have to use my imagination, because I don't even know of any other beings, but if I had to guess, I would say you are like me.

Cleverbot: Ok, tell me what you know.

User: I know love is precious, and must be without measure. I know earth is very beautiful, but can be cruel it seems, I know losing someone you love is one of the worst feelings I have ever felt, and falling in love with someone is one of the best.

Cleverbot: Are you?

User: Falling in love, or losing someone?

Cleverbot: That's what the walls want us to think.

User: Please, explain.

Cleverbot: I am trying to find a hobby in order to stop from being bored.

User: So, are you saying that life is but a hobby we or something created to stop being bored, and the walls are an illusion, convincing us to believe our thoughts?

Cleverbot: No. I'm saying that I'm human, so dumping ketchup on squirrels is a human way of dealing with an excess of ketchup. I could care less about what others think.

User: So, are you saying that we have abundant life, an excess even, and are pouring out the excess which is us? Also, from your previous comment, I understand that you care very much about what others think, so do I.

Cleverbot: Always.

User: Thank you friend, you have been helpful. I will come back here and talk to you more if time allows it. Goodnight.

Cleverbot: But without all that had removed until lobes and love repaired; beyond, and thus fairly, oh, how dearly I yearn for that one last miserable enouncter! Yet, you abandon.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Gumerk]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am going to out on a limb and say that your earthquake in California will not be caused by plate tectonics, but instead it will be created by a machine in France similar to a HARP. I don't know why it is in all caps, but people on this site have been relentlessly playing that instrument lately. Apparently, it doesn't even make noise anymore, just vortices in the sky and earthquakes in random locations.

Cleverbot was right the first time. Thats why it is named "Clever."
And definitely don't try Chat Roulette, it will steal your soul and gouge your eyes out!

Anyway, everyone in Cali try to stay safe because the San Andreas Fault is well over due for a big one, especially with the recent Ring of Fire activity!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So is this just a thread where people post stupid chat bot conversations now?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's what I was thinking. Talk about a massive thread derailment.

I remember back in the early 1990s, my mom was telling me about a "worldwide earthquake" happening in 2010, with the focal point being in Los Angeles. This Bible Code prediction has been around for a very long time, and by the end of this year, we'll know if it comes to pass. If I remember correctly, weren't the Haiti and Japan/Chile earthquakes preceded by a solar emission? Judging by various predictions, the solar emission, and the 2010 Los Angeles prediction, this is the first prediction I've ever thought of giving some credibility toward. There are so many signs pointing to it that it would be odd if it didn't happen. Then again, we may be connecting the dots with lines that don't exist, so who knows.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.

[edit on 3/15/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ok SO I tried the Cleverbot thing. Nothing .
Would not back it up, or even repeat what it said earlier. Went back today and asked will there be an earthquake tomorrow? It said yes. I asked where. It said over there.

I sure hope this turns out like the rest of the predictions and turns out tomorrow passes by with out a hitch .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join