It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Was Allergic to Radio Waves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"Segerback suffers from electro-hypersensitivity (EHS), which means he has severe physical reactions to the electromagnetic radiation produced by common consumer technologies, such as computers, televisions and cellphones"
Full article here:

www.popsci.com...

I would love to get away from all radio waves. I've even been thinking about an underground house :p

[edit on 12-3-2010 by (C2C)]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Perhaps this explains the "hum"?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

G'day (C2C)

I don't believe there is any such condition as electrosensitivity.

There is no peer reviewed medical literature to validate such a condition.

The Wiki page sums things up quite well:

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), also electrohypersensitivity or electrical sensitivity (ES) refers to claims of adverse medical symptoms purportedly caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields.[1] Although effects of electromagnetic fields on the body are established, self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity report responding to non-ionizing electromagnetic fields (or electromagnetic radiation) at intensities well below the limits permitted by international radiation safety standards. The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure to real and sham electromagnetic fields,[2][3] and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities.

en.wikipedia.org...

The WHO & other organisations have determined there is no evidence for such a condition:

The WHO and a number of other public health organizations have concluded that there is no significant evidence that exposure to EMF causes any of the symptoms associated with EHS. The following is a list of additional articles, web sites, and blogs which deal with the issue of electrohypersensitivity or EHS. The list includes a brief description of the materials that are referenced. All of these materials arrive at the same conclusion.

www.emfandhealth.com...

I could go on.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for the input. There may not be such a thing as electrosensitivity. I wonder who is behind these studies that show little evidence for it, they could very well be funded by industry. I do know that when I talk on my cell for too long or too often the cell starts to give me a headache
So I figure that some people could be more susceptible to getting a headache and others not so susceptible to getting one. It is possible that if someone had gotten enough pain from electromagnetic sources, that if they were to see a source that was not emitting any waves, that they could still feel the pain (be it real or not) because they are so used to feeling pain when they see that particular source, which of course would make it look like they are faking in the study.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

G'day (C2C)

Thank you for your civilised reply.....I thought I might get a "skeptic beating"!

I actually started my own thread about the whole cell phone thing a little while ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I empathise with your points regarding the cell phones, but I don't believe they are a big problem.

I would need to see peer reviewed medical / technical papers showing at least some level of validation of the mooted electrosensitivity condition, before I gave it any consideration as being real.

I actually work in a senior position in the "evil medical industry", so you might think I'm biased when I state that I don't believe these papers have been written nefariously.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

after all the swine flu crap you trust ANYTHING the WHO has to say?

odd....

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8

after all the swine flu crap you trust ANYTHING the WHO has to say?

odd....

G'day Hermes8

I don't believe the WHO handled the Swine Flu situation perfectly.....

However, I would like all the people who sit around criticising medical entities such as the WHO & medical Co's to get some experience on the inside & see what an extremely difficult job it is to develop & manage anything to do with medical issues, problems, technologies, etc...

The WHO isn't perfect.....

Medical Co's aren't perfect....

But neither are many, many, many other organisations.

These large medical entities are in the main filled with extremely hard working people who are trying to do the right thing, whilst also supporting their families, paying their mortgages, etc.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
C2C dont be bamboozled by "Science" speak and others saying this is nothing.

Research is PROVING it is affecting the Bumble Bees ability to navigate that is EM.

Look at my sig and research.

Are humans made from plastic and not the same building blocks as bees?

This person is no where near the only person.

Infact BY LAW in sweden now if you calim that your neighbours EM emmissions are too high is is regarded as a type of Populution, and therefore you can get the government or the Neighbour to shielding around your entire home, a bit like a faraday cage to get this sorted.

ANYONE senior or not who claims to know anything about science, especially theEM spectrum and ALSO the human body, its physiology, make up etc who thinks there is no affect, or that the EM waves, sometimes of huge energies we have in modern society, at all on the biology of huamns is very deluded, needs to start researching again, or is scared of the truth.

There may be no PEER Reviewed articles as said, however so what?

In todays world I am sure someone is going all around the infants in school hypnotising them and saying the Gods in White coats will say what is real or not, if you can be free or not, what drugs to take or not and you must worship them.

I know someone with Thalidamide, not well, but for a long time and have occosional contact.

There was double Blind Peer Reviewed trials of the drug... It's safe etc...
what happened then?

This is just a case Of Milgram's Compliance Experiments when we just accept things even though it is obviously and plain to everyone that something is not right.

And indeed THERE is scientific growing acceptance of the harmful effects:

Some Facts about Cell Phone Radiation by Dr. Andrew Goldsworthy July 2009 PDF Print E-mail

I was an amateur radio enthusiast before becoming a professional biologist, but kept my interest in radio throughout a long career as a lecturer at Imperial College London. No one appreciates more than I the wonders of engineering that have gone into even the cheapest cell phone, but equally I know the very real dangers that cell phone signals present to both the user and people living near cell towers.

Unmodulated radio waves are relatively safe

It has been known since the work of Suzanne Bawin and her co-workers in the mid 1970s that pure low power radio waves, of strengths similar to those used by cell phones, are relatively harmless. Pretty much the only damage that can be done by an unmodulated signal is due to the heating effect of the radiation as it passes through the body, and the ICNIRP safety guidelines adopted by many governments are more than adequate to protect you against that.

Modulated radio waves are not safe

Bawin et al. also showed that the situation changes drastically when the signal is "amplitude modulated" so that its strength rises and falls in time with a lower frequency. In particular, they found that signals that were far too weak to generate significant heat, could now drive structurally important calcium from the surfaces of brain cells. Other work showed that pulses with very sharp rise and fall times were even more effective. The loss of this calcium weakens the membrane and makes it more likely to leak and gives unwanted biological effects.

Cell phone signals are modulated

Cell phone signals have to be "modulated" if they are to carry information such as speech and the various control signals needed to make the system work. Most digital modulation systems involve sharp changes in signal strength. These occur over a wide range of frequencies, some of which are biologically active. Furthermore, they occur at radiation levels many orders of magnitude lower than those specified by the ICNIRP guidelines. These guidelines are therefore set far too high to protect us from modulated radiation.
Mast Sanity

And the list goes and on.

So forget the Scientists and "It does not work in the lab" shall we see whats been happening in the REAL world, and not in some dusty office?

A paper was written showing the effects of EM and ELF on the surface of cells and their ability to open their "Receptors" that is the bits of them that allow emotions, immune responses, instructions to enter and affect the cell.

IT WAS PUBLISHED IN NATURE.

But then quickly withdrawn as the big companies got on the case.

Dont forget guys after seeing the compliance experiment above if you have not before that

75% of ALL WESTERN scientists that is people in the west with Degrees in one of the sciences work for Military Industrial Complex.

That means 3/4 of all scientists are paid to invalidate research like this, it is their jobs to do so.

Just the same as those who were paid to stand before congress and "prove" smoking was not harmfull.

So the nature publication that was withdrawn:

Nature Abhors a Vacuum
Or: A Very Dangerous Assumption
Dr. Grahame Blackwell, June 2009

The generally accepted mechanism by which cell receptors are considered to identify molecules and so respond to them, positively or negatively, is the so-called ‘keyhole-and key' mechanism. This operates on the premise that a cell receptor is shaped so as to accommodate a molecule suitable for acceptance by that receptor but not one that does not qualify for acceptance. Whilst on the surface this appears to be a reasonable proposition, careful consideration of the logistics involved raises a number of questions.

Fitting a key into a keyhole requires that it is presented in exactly the right orientation: attempts to insert the key upside-down, backwards or even sideways are doomed to failure even if the key is a perfect fit when inserted correctly - and most keys have a very limited number of possible orientations. If a complex molecule is to fit correctly into its appropriate receptor it will presumably only do so if it presents at the correct orientation.

The question then arises: how does this happen? Does the cell receptor have the capability to juggle a molecule around and attempt to fit it in all sorts of ways? Does the molecule automatically present itself in a succession of ways until every possible fitting has been tried? How long would this ‘trial and error' process go on? What of the molecule structure at the open end of the ‘keyhole'?

Jacques Benveniste, at the time the highly respected head of the Immunology and Allergy department at INSERM (the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research) was pilloried by the scientific establishment for claiming scientific evidence that cell receptor sites work rather by recognition of the electromagnetic signatures of molecules that they are programmed to accept. Some of his research in this field was originally published by ‘Nature', after satisfying a requirement for a number of independent replications

Its bloody obvious.

Human's beings are Electromagnetic beings, with some elelemts and Water held together by a bag of skin.

Our thoughts or what makes us conscious are electromagnetic, our movements are driven by electromagnetism, we are this nature, at a deeper level ever atom and molecule is electromagnetic....

To even try and think that you can bath such a sensitive trasmitter and reciever of EM with new and powerfull ones with NO EFFECT is so imho obviosuly ignorant it beggars belief.

Each thought is a electrical discharge in your brain.

Mobile Phones and Brain Tumours – A Public Health Concern PDF Print E-mail

By Dr. Vini Gautam Khurana PhD, FRACS

The completion of this paper on February 7, 2008 follows 14 months of objective
research by the author, involving the critical review of over 100 sources in the recent
medical and scientific literature, in addition to Press reports and Internet content. This
paper represents a systematic and concise yet comprehensive review of this area to date
and its findings highlight an emerging global public health concern.

So wake up guys and bring on the Tin foil hat's!

Seriously I think over time as some of the research continues, the proven links and hazards will be become more mainstream, and hopefully in the wake of that, more regulations will be put in place to limit the exposure to humans, and any damaging effects thereof.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

join