It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post for everybody to read... especially anti-islam-orientated Christians.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hello,

This is The McQueen Scion, an agnostic being.

This post will be based on the Christian faith. Not the normal and loving christians, but those hate other religions, hate islam, try to bring it down, in other words bash it, those who believe THE BIBLE is God's word, but only follow the New Testament and circle things in the Old Testament which suits them.

Religious discussions do not solve anything, nor do they help someone understand a subject better. There is not enough proof for either side.

Here is the reason I will make a post on this Religious Discussion Board.

The reason is hate Christians show toward Islam.

How do they show it?

They judge every muslim, tell them they are straight out WRONG, ***do not know enough*** on Islam, and maybe even less on Christianity, automatically compare muslims to terrorists.

I have looked throughout the board and have seen some very ignorant examples on how the Islamic faith is "evil" and "corrupt", I've even seen "satanic" (!).. here are some.

The 2 most popular Surahs Christians bring up when trying to bash Islam;

*But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. everytime they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: why, this is what we fed with before," for they are given things in similtudes; and they have therein pure and holy companions; and they abide therein forever.* - The Qur'an 2:25

*The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement.* - The Qur'an 5:33

These are the 2 very popular ones Christians bring up, claiming that a religion which has so much "sickness", "sexuality" and "violence" in it, cannot be the word of God.

In other words, picking Surahs that seem sick to a person who has no knowledge of the Islamic Book (Qur'an) and Islam. Narrow-minded perhaps.

My interpretation of these 2 verses that are very often brought up, is quite simple. The "virgins" are in other words, sexual pleasure. What is the definition of Paradise? Keep in mind this is *spiritual*. Paradise..

A state of happiness and pleasure. EVERY pleasure, whether it be sexual, climate, food, intelligence, friendship, every pleasure you want. It is not to be taken literally that God will send you girls to rape. It is the pleasure, as any other pleasure you can have. Keep in mind you're not in the physical plane any longer.

On the other Surah that is always brought up, my understanding of it is very simple - self defense, plus that it was written for that time.

Disregard my interpretations..

Whether I'm right or wrong about these Surahs is irrelevant, because this post is about God's supposed word - THE HOLY BIBLE.

NOW...

This is where we bring up some interesting verses from God's supposed Word, the Bible. The same thing these Christians do to the Islamic Book (Qur'an), we will do to the Christian book. The Bible, *GOD's Word*, Both the Old and New Testament.

Here we go..

*That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.* - The Bible - Luke 12:47-48

Jesus seems to have interesting ideas on slavery.

Let's go on! I'm not done..

*Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.* - The Bible - Isaiah 13:16

How lovely. I'm disgusted. There's more..

*All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.* - The Bible - Chronicles 15:13

Freedom of Religion or Conversion by force?

Here's another one!

*If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first hand putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.* - The Bible - Deuteronomy 13:6-9

Feel the love? Force or religious freedom? Judge for yourself.

*If a man meets a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.* - The Bible - Deuteronomy 22:28-30

Oh but wait!! This is the OLD TESTAMENT. We shouldn't follow that, should we? What did Jesus say?

*Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (Old Testament) or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. * - The Bible - Matthew 5:17-18

There we go.

*If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.* - The Bible - Leviticus 20:15

BUT

*If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.* - The Bible - Leviticus 20:16

Notice the *approaches*? A man has to be CAUGHT IN THE ACT, a woman does not.

I'm not done..

*Now kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.* - The Bible - Numbers 31:17

Nothing wrong with Virgins. Oh, but these are physical.

*A loving doe, a graceful deer, may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.* - The Bible - Proverbs 5:19

I love it.

"If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then, if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me. I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house-- she who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates. His left arm is under my head and his right arm embraces me.* - The Bible - Song of Songs 8:1-3

His right arm embraces her. Nothing wrong with fingering. LOL.

*Jesus replied, "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me." After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.* - The Bible - Luke 19:26-28

Jesus telling a really nice story/parable. What happened to turn the other cheek? Now I'm not only disgusted, but confused as well.

I have 3 Christian friends, and ALL of them claim the following:

***If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for humanity's sins, and that he is your savior, then you will go to Paradise. How could God not forgive humanity?***

Well.. don't be too sure;

*Many will say to me (Jesus) on that day, "Oh Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers."* - The Bible - Matthew 7:22-23

Ah, so perhaps you DO have to be a good boy or you won't be forgiven no matter what you believe.

Oh, another one;

*So I (Jesus) will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.* - The Bible - Revelation 2:22-23

Jesus Christ punishing a woman because she commited adultery. Making her suffer. Normal, is it not? Let's slow down... he wants to make her suffer but *STRIKE HER CHILDREN DEAD*, kill her children because of HER mistake. Maybe she deserved it.. but the children? What did they do?

This sounds very sad and sick to me! Sick sick religion indeed.

I could go on and on, but the best thing is for YOU, to analyze all reigions CAREFULLY, and most important of all: NOT LISTEN TO OTHER OPINIONS. Forget the media as well, and Make your own opinions! Make up your OWN mind.

Yes, don't even listen to me, read the Christian Book, Islamic Book, Jewish Book, etc etc. and through careful analyzation find the truth for yourself.

For myself, I was raised Christian, then turned Agnostic, and am still analyzing religions. One thing I know for sure is, Christianity is the last on my list. Full of contradictions. So full it's falling off the edges.

As I've said before, I could go on and on with this, but this was supposed to be a sneak peak to those *Christians* who repeatedly "pick the bad" in others, or simply put, look in the Islamic or other books for *violent* and *sexual* phrases, without analyzing their meaning or even their OWN *VIOLENT*, *SEXUAL*, and *SICK* phrases.

Just a sneak peak.. find the truth for yourself, and I'll say it again.

Make your own mind up about religions.

Feel free to argue & discuss..

Goodbye!

Sincerely,

The McQueen Scion.

>>*My post was deleted several times because of misunderstanding. Finally, Thomas Crowne allowed me to post it. Please note that this was only to show that taking out of context makes something look much different than it actually is, and that others should ensure the meaning of a passage before using it as contrary evidence. Thank You ~ The McQueen Scion.*

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok, with all due respect, the reason you have gotten deleted
is probably cause your posting out of (arrogance) instead of sincerety.

like.. when you say stuff like..

"" Hmm, god dont have no problem with virgins ""

see, your whole post what that of an arrogant talk and you did the samething as
you claim we did.
which is take out one verse without knowing the whole story..

Ok heres th difference, please listen.

1. The bible you cannt taake one verse an use it how you please.

why?
because it contains a whole story you have to read all of it to understand
why verses soundlike they do.

2. while the koran gives out (teachings) on how to live with certain women, what is sin whaat is not ect..

and ifyou take a passage from it it contains what the passage says because one passage in the koran
is differet from the next.

Ok, now as for us not studying the koran, not true at all, infact im going trough i
as im posting it and am studying it.

heres what it teaches, not in a story but a literal teaching of morals.

Sura 4:34

"" As to those women on whose part ye fear (disloyalty), and ill conduct,
admonish them (first), net, refuse to share their beds, and last, (beat) them
lightly, but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means of annoyance ""

The bible does not condone beating women who are disobedient in (certain) matters at all.

allah teaches to have many wives..

Sura 4:3

"" If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the
orphans, marry (women) of your choice, (two) or (three) or (four), but if
ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with them, then only one, or a captive
that your right hand possess, that would be more suitable, t prevent you
from doig injustice ""

having many wives breaks the law of god in marriage.

jesus says in scripture.

"" do not curse at all let yur yes be yes, your no be no ""

allah says..

"" do not curse (much) "" sura 2.

jesus says do not break a vow, while allah says break a vow if you cannot hold out in certain cases.

its the watering down by satan of gods teaching.

exactly what satan would do, mix alot of truth with suddle lies..

One last point..

There is no excuse to kill today because of the sacrament of confssion repentance. they still live by
the ot law of things while the sacraficehas been given.

This is why we do not preach forcable conversion, kill all unbelievers ect..

because of the new sacrafice of confession and repentance.

where as in the OT god would dispose of us for being evil, while today god lets evil a (chance) to (repent) in the
(new) covenant of christ.

and this is the difference not icluding the teachings i just provided.

if i grew up (50) years as a muslim and read this book, i would deny my faith by my own (conscience).

and btw, the muslims do take the torah legit as allah says it is his book given to moses..

so the errors in this book you proved are errors by allah as well.

peace.

arc

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

why?

with respect truth I can read a verse from the bible and understand it in context of that particular gospel or book, but not within the context of the entire bible.

If the bible had been written by just one or two people then I would accept the complete work as the whole story. But it wasn't - it was written over a period of hundreds of years by many many different people often with completely different views.

Whereas the Quran had one author and is infact more of a complete work than the bible.

I don't agree with knocking anyone's faith, and although I may disagree with your interpretations sometimes Truth, I can appreciate the underlying values of Christianity. However as an individual I feel I have the right to judge for myself how relevant or correct some of those values are to my own life and society. That is probably part of the reason I would never call myself a Christian or anything else.

I feel the same way about Islam. Many of the values are extremely close to those of Christianity, however the social and dietary laws are a little too strict for my tastes perhaps. Although Muslims do firmly believe that Allah and God are one and the same by different names, unlike some I could name on here....

And I have noticed that many Christians and Muslims in a democratic society also exercise the rights of an individual to reconcile the values of each belief system with a society that is now vastly different from the ones in which Jesus & co and Mohammed lived in.

I think its time to stop judging an entire religion on the basis of it's worst elements and start seeking the common grounds between faiths, respect that the western and eastern world each have their own valuable lessons to teach each other. Try practising some of the values of tolerance, respect and understanding, work with each other to solve some of the horrendous problems this world is now facing. If you wish to act in a racist and discrimatory manner then expect to receive the same behaviour back. It solves nothing!

As far as the Iraq situation goes I'm certainly not preaching that we solve that one with nothing but love and understanding! Just saying keep a sense of perspective about what exactly has caused the current situation and don't just blame it all on people being Muslims. I know from speaking to the muslims that I know on a personal level that much of the middle east's problem with america is very little to do with the fact that it is predominately christian.

However if too many christians persist in muslim battering then it may certainly become that way. And then you'll have to deal with the muslims who live in your cities, work in your offices, serve in your hospitals... perhaps long after the war in iraq is over.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Ok, with all due respect, the reason you have gotten deleted
is probably cause your posting out of (arrogance) instead of sincerety.

like.. when you say stuff like..

"" Hmm, god dont have no problem with virgins ""

see, your whole post what that of an arrogant talk and you did the samething as
you claim we did.
which is take out one verse without knowing the whole story..

Ok heres th difference, please listen.

why?

2. while the koran gives out (teachings) on how to live with certain women, what is sin whaat is not ect..

and ifyou take a passage from it it contains what the passage says because one passage in the koran
is differet from the next.

Ok, now as for us not studying the koran, not true at all, infact im going trough i
as im posting it and am studying it.

heres what it teaches, not in a story but a literal teaching of morals.

Sura 4:34

"" As to those women on whose part ye fear (disloyalty), and ill conduct,
admonish them (first), net, refuse to share their beds, and last, (beat) them
lightly, but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means of annoyance ""

The bible does not condone beating women who are disobedient in (certain) matters at all.

allah teaches to have many wives..

Sura 4:3

"" If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the
orphans, marry (women) of your choice, (two) or (three) or (four), but if
ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with them, then only one, or a captive
that your right hand possess, that would be more suitable, t prevent you
from doig injustice ""

having many wives breaks the law of god in marriage.

jesus says in scripture.

"" do not curse at all let yur yes be yes, your no be no ""

allah says..

"" do not curse (much) "" sura 2.

jesus says do not break a vow, while allah says break a vow if you cannot hold out in certain cases.

its the watering down by satan of gods teaching.

exactly what satan would do, mix alot of truth with suddle lies..

One last point..

There is no excuse to kill today because of the sacrament of confssion repentance. they still live by
the ot law of things while the sacraficehas been given.

This is why we do not preach forcable conversion, kill all unbelievers ect..

because of the new sacrafice of confession and repentance.

where as in the OT god would dispose of us for being evil, while today god lets evil a (chance) to (repent) in the
(new) covenant of christ.

and this is the difference not icluding the teachings i just provided.

if i grew up (50) years as a muslim and read this book, i would deny my faith by my own (conscience).

and btw, the muslims do take the torah legit as allah says it is his book given to moses..

so the errors in this book you proved are errors by allah as well.

peace.

Truth, you obviously forgot that I am Agnostic. I don't think either religion is correct.

Now..

You have to read the whole story to understand it?

Please explain the verses I posted, I would love to hear your interpretation.

Truth, Sura 2 for example, Allah teaches not to curse (much), and *Christ* teaches not to curse at all according to you.

Tell me honestly, does that make much of a difference? I don't think you will hear a Priest or a Muslim Scholar (Imam) curse, at least in public.

Let's continue..

According to you -> >>jesus says do not break a vow, while allah says break a vow if you cannot hold out in certain cases.>The bible does not condone beating women who are disobedient in (certain) matters at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc

why?

with respect truth I can read a verse from the bible and understand it in context of that particular gospel or book, but not within the context of the entire bible.

If the bible had been written by just one or two people then I would accept the complete work as the whole story. But it wasn't - it was written over a period of hundreds of years by many many different people often with completely different views.

Whereas the Quran had one author and is infact more of a complete work than the bible.

I don't agree with knocking anyone's faith, and although I may disagree with your interpretations sometimes Truth, I can appreciate the underlying values of Christianity. However as an individual I feel I have the right to judge for myself how relevant or correct some of those values are to my own life and society. That is probably part of the reason I would never call myself a Christian or anything else.

I feel the same way about Islam. Many of the values are extremely close to those of Christianity, however the social and dietary laws are a little too strict for my tastes perhaps. Although Muslims do firmly believe that Allah and God are one and the same by different names, unlike some I could name on here....

And I have noticed that many Christians and Muslims in a democratic society also exercise the rights of an individual to reconcile the values of each belief system with a society that is now vastly different from the ones in which Jesus & co and Mohammed lived in.

I think its time to stop judging an entire religion on the basis of it's worst elements and start seeking the common grounds between faiths, respect that the western and eastern world each have their own valuable lessons to teach each other. Try practising some of the values of tolerance, respect and understanding, work with each other to solve some of the horrendous problems this world is now facing. If you wish to act in a racist and discrimatory manner then expect to receive the same behaviour back. It solves nothing!

As far as the Iraq situation goes I'm certainly not preaching that we solve that one with nothing but love and understanding! Just saying keep a sense of perspective about what exactly has caused the current situation and don't just blame it all on people being Muslims. I know from speaking to the muslims that I know on a personal level that much of the middle east's problem with america is very little to do with the fact that it is predominately christian.

However if too many christians persist in muslim battering then it may certainly become that way. And then you'll have to deal with the muslims who live in your cities, work in your offices, serve in your hospitals... perhaps long after the war in iraq is over.

Great post. Not often does someone see people like these online.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
LOL! The trap was set, and sprung. This should be interesting.

Arc, you miss one deep and important point of the Bible. The fact that it was written by numerous people, at different periods, and yet maintains its consitency is what makes it unique, if not unbelievable. Had one person wrote it, it would not have the same Divineness. Example, as the prophesies of Christ's coming were written by different people in the Old Testament and were fullfilled and chronicled by different people in the New Testament, that makes it something that can be explained only through Divine control.

I'll not get bogged down any further. You guys have fun. I'm going back to the politics section!

arc

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't find the idea of God in the old testament very consistent with the one in the new testament.

And when someone has already written part of the Bible and you're trying to then add your bit on at a later stage - of course you're going to mention the same type of events. Plus anyone who did write something that deviated from the previous work too greatly for comfort often got called a heretic!

I'll add examples later - right now I'm waiting up another few minutes out of curiousity about this 11.33 business and then calling it a night

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't bother giving me examples, please. I've been a Bible-studying Christian for decades, have heard the things people thought were inconsistencies, used to try and help clear the misperceptions, but no longer feel the need to bother.

Most of the understanding comes from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells once one accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior, and not before. Understanding of my book means nothing until one accepts Christ, and after one does that, there'll be Someone to help that has all-knowledge, whereas I'm extremely limited.
I appreciate the offer, anyway, Arc.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and so ill answer your ""interpretations"" of the following statements you made.................
quote/////
That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.* - The Bible - Luke 12:47-48

Jesus seems to have interesting ideas on slavery.
helen........did you interpret the New TESTAMENT???

Jesus Christ spoke in parrables........He talks about the punishment of sinners ....which would mean eternal punishment in future.............He also spoke of things that would happen if you disregard God............
(you dont go to the next parable.........)

.Luke 12 :49)I am come to send fire on the earth;and what will i, if it be already kindled?
Luke 12:50)But i have a babtism to be babtized with; and how am i straitened till it be accomplished!

The Bible is open to interpretation to whomever wishes to interpret it..........Does it make it Truth???

Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.* - The Bible - Isaiah 13:16
(How lovely. I'm disgusted. There's more)

helen....Again,this verse talks about the horrors of war which comes with not following Gods word.......

***If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for humanity's sins, and that he is your savior, then you will go to Paradise. How could God not forgive humanity?***

(Well.. don't be too sure; )

*Many will say to me (Jesus) on that day, "Oh Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers."* - The Bible - Matthew 7:22-23

.The McQueen Scion////

....(Ah, so perhaps you DO have to be a good boy or you won't be forgiven no matter what you believe. ).....

helen.....................again your wrong.....in the parrables before the one that you wrote and straight after that are not mentioned Jesus talks about false prophets and deception (self)lies that are spread by false prophets......future judgement for not knowing truth......

*So I (Jesus) will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.* - The Bible - Revelation 2:22-23

helen.....///talks about spiritual death if not repented of your sins.........(and yes ,"you do the crime ,you pay the time"".........Jesus asks that you repent for your sins ......

""""It is said that they who are strangers to their llumination of truth walk in the wordly vanity of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God(Eph.4:18);they have their portion in this life(Ps.16:14);who mind earthly things, and whose end is destruction(Phil.3:19)....
The truth of God calls such people the faithless and perverse generation(Matt 17:17) and for that reason says to us:Save yourselves from this untoward generation(Acts2:40)
Light is come into the world ,says the Lord, and men loved darkness rather than light(John.3:19)...The prophets,too,appealed:Who beleived our reprt? And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed(Is.53:1)? Ye do err,not knowing the sciptures,nor the power of God(Matt.22:29)............""""A Ray of Light"" instructions on piety and the state of the world at the end of time......Archimantrite Panteleimon of Holy Trinity Monastary......Jordanville,New.York.............

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Lol, you haven't *interpreted* all of them. I'm still waiting for someone (Truth perhaps) to interpret every verse I posted.

Your interpretation of the Verses you picked does not make that much sense either. Spiritual death? Innocent Children dying? War because of nonbelief in God?

sigh.. I'm disappointed my friend

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Im sorry, what sort of interpretation do you want???????

you seem to have made up your OWN mind to what you consider to be of ACCURATE desciption of the BIBLE and so

Ye do err,not knowing the sciptures,nor the power of God(Matt.22:29)............

again,your INTERPRETATION of the BIBLE is alone ""yours only"" if you realy ,truly want the meanings of the passages that you posted ,then i suggest you get a few opinions of the Churches History dating back to interpretations of the Old and New Testament..................

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No.

All I'm asking for is..

Verse:

Explanation:

For all the verses I picked.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
web site ion N.W.O........interesting points made........

www.amerikanexpose.com...

sorry .................i know i posted in the wrong thread!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The McQueen Scion
No.

All I'm asking for is..

Verse:

Explanation:

For all the verses I picked.

well then.............finish off the complete verse so that it may make sense to the person that reads it.................
if it is incomplete then it may read how you want it ..........
AGAIN, go to web sites or to the LIBRARY and read .............you follow your own interpretations as to what you think is the explanation............

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Don't bother giving me examples, please. I've been a Bible-studying Christian for decades, have heard the things people thought were inconsistencies, used to try and help clear the misperceptions, but no longer feel the need to bother.

Most of the understanding comes from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells once one accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior, and not before. Understanding of my book means nothing until one accepts Christ, and after one does that, there'll be Someone to help that has all-knowledge, whereas I'm extremely limited.
I appreciate the offer, anyway, Arc.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Scion, personally I am not playing your game,

as you said in your posts to the mod, who deleted your original post, you are only trying to make a point.

You don't actually want an answer and your arguments are only to stubstantiate your own biased point of view. So why should people bother doing what you ask and spend the time giving you a valid argument.

Enough fishing with people, as I replied to you in your utu, you are only making strawman arguements.

You pick out verses, distort them to prove your point and try and say that thats what christians believe. So you set up a dummy and claim its a legitimate opposition.

It is not, your technique is childish and immature, why continue to waste people's time? Get a hobby or something.

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
McQueen Scion has been officially

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
"" only here to stir trouble ""

i could answer every one of those quote, but, this is why i do not.

if you want the answer, read scripture yourself and determine.

other wise what is the point playing games with one who will not believe when the right answer is given anyway?

as an example when you thought revelations 2 was a literal whore, and (if) you wouldread all of revelations you would fnd out the first
three chapters are to do with the churches, not (women).

i will say no more on this, it will not do (any) good.

peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hello good people...

I rarely venture into this forum, being atheist, yet respecting the beliefs of others.

I am very confused, and perhaps someone might help me...

What is the point of this preposterous thread?

arc

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think the point of this thread was to point out that hurling partial sections of scripture at people is no way to defend or attack either the Christian or Muslim faith.

Seems a reasonable point to me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join