It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN in Ohio booted in a RICO case test-run.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Acorn in Ohio has had to file a certificate permanently relinquishing its license to do business in Ohio after a settlement in a fraud case that used Ohio's version of the RICO statute. While they settled and were not convicted, it clearly shows that ACORN's lawyers weren't that confident that they would be able to beat the conviction. This is good news that helps build the case towards charging the national organization with federal RICO charges. ACORN BOOTED FROM OHIO
Also the settlement also states that ACORN will not be allowed to reconstitute and change it's name and continue to do business as they have in other states where they are facing charges.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by djvexd]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As an Ohioan, I find this to be great news!!

I also read the other day that ACORN's lawsuit against O'Keefe the pimp and his "hooker" friend Hanna Giles was dismissed because ACORN failed to serve the complaint within a 120 day time limit in Maryland. I guess they didn't have a case.
120 days is plenty of time to serve up the paperwork.

Something new everyday with these buffoons.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
now if we can get these criminals banned from every state, we might be ok this election.

probably just get someone else to go find dead people to vote for who they want to.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I like the states getting thier own convictions first on RICO-esque cases. When we finally have someone in the justice department that is willing to do the job he is paid for there will be plenty of case-law precedents set for the federal case. Small, steady steps. Cross the T's , dot the I's. There is no room for sloppiness when dealing with this organization.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One down and only fifty-four more to go. Wait. Did I say fifty-four? I meant forty-nine.

top topics

join