It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Down With The King?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The U.S. needs a king come to think of it... All this disagreeing in America on what should and shouldnt be doesn't get change accomplished. Feel me? So we need a cool king. A king that will abolish age restiction laws for ability and capability laws. A king that will mandate that each school from kinergarden to college teach what responsibility is. A king that will not have sales tax the way but income tax the way. A king that will make free wifi manditory. A king that will make websites like message boards have full freedom of speech. A king that will mandate that food and water and housing and even prisons are safe. Etc. You see wherre this is going.

"Strut on by like a king."--Godsmack

What say you? Nothing will get accomplished with disagreeing or voting. We need a really cool king.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You sound just like Anakin Skywalker (see SW 2: Attack of the Clones)
You know how ended up don't you?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Sometimes a capable, competent man who is willing to go the extra mile for what he or she believes in and has the ability to do so is just what a country needs.

Sadly even if the person who is qualified for such a position would arise the people of today are a little on edge. I mean they are acustamed to being eased into slavery and compliances sweet words and disattachement to truth and attachement to percieved safety and comfort.

A one man leader would become public enemy number one because they do not want a rightieus dicator telling them what to do that would seriously disrupt their feeling of safety and security. They rather obey something they do not understand then obey something they do understand.

Anyways running a country is quite a task I would not want a king but a councill of leadership. Like 13 people
that are really straight to each other and believe the same things. They will share the burden of dictatorial governance.

Written above is not really what i want. I was just going along with the thought process. In truth we do not need a king we have to become self dependable. When we can govern ourselves we do not need external governance.

But in truth the way of governance is as good as its people and their forthcoming leadership.

EDIT

Its to late for me my son.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by GamleGamle]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by GamleGamle]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"There is only one King and he does not share power" Gandalf Lord of the Rings....

If you want a King there are some countires who still have a monarcchy.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I could go for a constitutional monarchy. Sort of like the UK's system but with some political power and day to day governance.

I would also like to see the United States join the British Commonwealth.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yup, it's like Bush said; "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.".

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

When I read the title of this thread I though you were reffering to an old school song by Run DMC but anyways im down with the king since we basically don't have any freedoms anymore and no one is willing to fight back so screw it lets all get down with the king.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
dont you think there wouldnt be a U.S.A. today if we wanted kingship?

think about it, but not too hard.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
. . .
A king that will abolish age restiction laws for ability and capability laws. A king that will mandate that each school from kinergarden to college teach what responsibility is.
. . .
You see wherre this is going.

Yes, in the light of your last thread, a NAMBLA type rant advocating the abolition of age of consent laws, I "see wherre this is going." (sic.)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The reason the United States exists is a repudiation of monarchy! If America got an absolute ruler, the great experiment would be over, failed. It would be an admission that average people cannot govern themselves and they need a higher ruler. It would be the end of democracy, liberty, freedom. It would be one of the worst decisions in the history of humanity.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
humanity really is going back to the dark ages.

and i got nothin else to say about it except no, im not down with the king.

edit - spelling

[edit on 12-3-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I can't say I agree at all. The best solution is to decentralize authority. Return the power of domestic governance back to the individual states where it belongs according to the 10th amendment.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with you, but only if i get to be the king. I'm cool, so you shouldnt have a problem with my one condition on your proposal.

If you gather the army and make this happen, then i agree to be king.

EDIT:

The first order of your Majesty, the Cool King of the World, would overrule your proposal of ending age restrictions and making restrictions based on capability. It's a good idea in a perfect world, but it's just silly to think that it could ever work. Who decides who is and is not capable? and what makes their decision correct? I could decide, because i'm the king, but I cant be bothered with such things. 18 seems to be a good age, so ill stick with that. The drinking age would be 18 too.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Gamecock]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Decentrelisation seems good.

DOWN WITH THE KING.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How about no. The slower things change, the slower things go to hell in a handbasket.

The original Constitution is near perfect. You make that founders roll in their grave by just thinking of undoing everything that they gave their lives for.

Epic fail.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is your second thread referring to the age of consent. Wait until you are of legal age like the rest of us did already...

As far as a King goes, go to England if you want a King. Our Constitution has withstood the test of time and will continue to do so, even though it is being trampled upon right now.

The Constitution is what makes America, America. When you grow up you might see this fact........

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamleGamle
Decentrelisation seems good.

DOWN WITH THE KING.

As King, my second order will be to exterminate this dissenter. You shall live under my rule, or not live at all!

See OP... kings are just bad, unless you can find another Jesus. Jesus would have made a good king, but i cant see anyone else being wise, loyal, and righteous enough for the job.

Now that i think about it, Jesus wouldnt be a very good king either. He wouldnt go to war, even for defense. He would probably pardon everyone too.

Yep, only way i see this King idea working is if i get to be king.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
On a more serious note, because i doubt the world, or america, or even the people in this thread will agree to me being king, how do you propose we pick who gets to be king?

I assume we couldnt vote in a king, because you say that "accomplish[es] nothing". Maybe we could have a lottery? You are very firm on removing age restrictions, so of course we would let people of all ages (assuming they are capable of absolute rule) enter the lottery.

Ha... imagine if a 12 year old won that lottery. They would have absolute rule over 6,390 deliverable nukes and over 10k stockpiled nukes. Not to mention, the more scary weapons we dont even know about yet.

So yea, the lottery idea wouldnt work well.

I am baffled. How would we pick a king if it cant be me?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
WE DO NOT NEED A KING. READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS. WE CAN NOT DEPEND ON ANYONE ELSE DO DEFEND OUR RIGHTS. KILL THE KING.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join