It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pass heatlhcare without vote!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is sick. The House is ready to pass the
senate bill on healthcare WITHOUT A VOTE!!! If this isn't
unconstitutional

copy link and paste into internet and look it up.

www.washingtonexaminer.com

for some reason it wont show up link but there are link .. i copy and paste from article

House Democrats looking at 'Slaughter Solution' to pass Obamacare without a vote on Senate bill UPDATED!
By: Mark Tapscott
Editorial Page Editor
03/10/10 4:17 PM EST
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y. (AP photo)

Would House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her fellow House Democratic leaders try to cram the Senate version of Obamacare through the House without actually having a recorded vote on the bill?

Not only is the answer yes, they would, they have figured out a way to do it, according to National Journal's Congress Daily:

"House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com

[edit on 12-3-2010 by DeafRaz]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Several years ago I took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. These people are getting pretty close to the definition of domestic.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Will you believe anything as long as it attacks Obama, and generates fear? You CAN'T pass a bill through the house without a vote. Come on, did you take Government in school?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by damwel]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yes, I did take government. and a few others..

How they tell us the system works in school, and the real world system are not quite the same tho..

Open your eyes.. Wake up, and smell the Napalm the government is preparing to fling at us.

The system is sick with power-drunk people.

and no it's not just Obama, it's not just Pelosi. The whole thing is corrupt and perverted.

I would dare say if the Founding fathers look at things today, they would be very upset with how things have progressed..

The fact Pelosi is considering such an act, to pass somthing they "perceieve" as "everyone wants this" is a perfect example of that corruption.

"Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes"

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Pass healthcare with my blessings...pass the "required public option" with my blessings...as long as we have a "fallout for morning physical training" requirement too.

I will subsidize your health when I get to lead the morning push-ups!

[edit on 3/12/2010 by rotorwing]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They actually can not do this. The original bill has to be voted on and signed in to law. The reason is you can not ammend nonexistent law. So you can not pass a bill in to law by passing a bill to change the bill that the president hasn't signed. In order to put it before the president you have to vote on it.

I think it is insane that they even thought this work around was legal.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

Hmm, yeah I heard about this, but it was my understanding that the dems were told they couldn't do it that way. But in my opinion, that they even thought of doing it this way says a lot about the current government.

I was wondering why no one on ATS had mentioned this yesterday when it was being discussed on the talk shows.

[edit on 3/12/2010 by JohnnyR]

[edit on 3/12/2010 by JohnnyR]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, I think the parliamentarian told them they could'nt do it that way.

Here's another article

SLAUGHTER PREPS RULE TO AVOID DIRECT VOTE ON SENATE BILL

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Will you believe anything as long as it attacks Obama, and generates fear? You CAN'T pass a bill through the house without a vote. Come on, did you take Government in school?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by damwel]

American public school, obviously.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

You know that, I know that, but do THEY know that? They seem to think that they can do anything they want. The rules don't apply to the Democrats. I kind of hope that they do it, and I hope Obama signs it. If that happens there would be the basis for impeaching or recalling everybody who voted for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
The rules don't apply to the Democrats.

Correction, "the rules don't apply to politicians". It's not a left/right issue; it's a career politician issue.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that Obama doesn't follow Bush's precident, and just use EOs to backdoor more things through without any checks & balances.

[edit on 3/12/10 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does make me wonder what would happen if they did "push" it through and get it written into law like this..

Would this be the catalyst the country would need?

Would we know it happened or would it be brushed under the rug, and come bite us later?

Too much cloak and dagger work. Transparent government!!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by JIMC5499
The rules don't apply to the Democrats.

Correction, "the rules don't apply to politicians". It's not a left/right issue; it's a career politician issue.

Ordinarily I would agree, but, in this case it is just the Democrats.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Then I hope someday you're able to open your eyes to the realization that such partisan tripe is detrimental, and exorbitantly myopic. It's hurting the state of affairs in our country by adding frivolous spin, and further dividing an already fractured populace.

You say "Ordinarily I would agree"; so there's no sense listing countless examples of the corruption of career politicians from both sides of the aisle; as even though you refuse to truthfully acknowledge the fact here, you're seemingly aware of it on some level. They've made it quite clear that the rules don't apply to them, and they seem to grow more brazen about it as each year passes.

Just remember, while party followers compulsively put their party's interests first; true patriots know it's the country's interests that really matter. It's wise not to confuse the two because what's best for a political party, and what's best for a country are rarely ever the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Since this thread is addressing just the health care issue, I have reserved my comments to just that issue.

top topics

join