It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ancient Man Fly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

Hello, ATS friends! I came across this article online and found it interesting; hopefully some of you will enjoy it as well.

Some researchers and a few rogue scientists believe there's evidence to suggest that humans achieved flight earlier in history - much earlier... so early, they say, that the knowledge of this technology has been lost and ancient stories that recount adventures of human flight have been relegated only to myth.

First interesting Artifact: The Egyptian Airplane

In 1898, a peculiar six-inch wooden object was found in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt that dated back to about 200 BCE. Obvious question: Why would a model airplane that dates that far back be found in the tomb?

Next: The Carvings at Abydos

Taken from the temple of Abydos. Perhaps looks are deceiving, however. The official take from archaeologists is that the strange carvings are palimpsests - the result of two or more overlapping carvings that combine to look like something else. The "aircraft," they say, are merely combinations of overlapping hieroglyphics.

Another one: Central and South American Shuttle

A remarkable gold trinket estimated to be at least 1,000 years old - dating perhaps to between 500 and 800 AD - was found in Central America and along coastal areas of South America.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Those are depictions of the vehicles of the Anunnaki, those whom created Humans out of a combination of their DNA and that of Homo Erectus. They had technology that was slightly ahead of what we have now when they first came here, 450,000 years ago. It took us thousands of years after the Deluge to advance to anywhere near their level. It will be interesting to find out what they think of us the next time Nibiru approaches.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking.

Bit of research done here

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wow that was a great link. I went on to review some of the other info on the website. Itis great to deny ignorance.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thanks for the info. I'm reading up on your link now. Gracias!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Egyptian Model Airplane I actually read about recently; I can't remember where, I'm afraid, but I agreed with the source almost immediately (because it was so obvious) that it was just a glider toy or a toy bird or something of that sort.

The Egyptian hieroglyphs are also pretty cool, but as stated, probably a palimpsest.

I'd like to see more discussion on the golden shuttle, though; it's pretty interesting looking, but if ancient man had flight, why is it only 1000 years old and not much older? You'd think there'd be a more solid record of actual flight even that long ago...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Those are depictions of the vehicles of the Anunnaki, those whom created Humans out of a combination of their DNA and that of Homo Erectus.

You say this as if you have proof of your statement. Can you please provide it to me?

As far as I know the Anunnaki are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian, and Babylonian deities and, last time I checked, are regarded as no more than myth. Yes, they are credited with the creation of mankind, in ancient Sumerian creation myths, but these stories are not historical accounts of actual events in human history. Creation myths are stories and nothing more.

We know through actual science where mankind came from. We evolved from ape-like ancestors over the course of millions of years. There is no sign that we received any help from extra terrestrials, gods, or otherwise. That is scientific fact.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's interesting, but I think these artifacts aren't proof of flight at all. Thanks to Saturn and others for the great links.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
On the other hand....I'd say the Nasca Lines offer evidence of ancient flight.

(at least built for beings that could fly, whether they existed or not)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Enh, all they suggest is a belief in things which look down from the sky. They could have been for birds, or some Gods, or just the hope that someday people would fly. It certainly entails that the Nasca folk had interesting beliefs, but it doesn't entail anything in particular. It could underdetermine ancient flight/aliens, but it is nowhere near sufficient to declare their existence, since they could also be for other purposes.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Could Ancient Man Fly?

You should try and study some Sanskrit literature. There is talk of ‘flying machines’ (Vimana’s) in nearly all these scripts.

In the Samarangana Sutradhara (1000-1055 AD):
whole chapters are devoted to describing airships with tails spouting fire and quicksilver
, it mentions bird-shaped aerial cars.

www.activeauthors.com...

The Rig Veda:
“The Rig Veda, the oldest document of the human race includes references to the following modes of transportation: Jalayan – a vehicle designed to operate in air and water (Rig Veda 6.58.3); Kaara- a vehicle that operates on ground and in water. (Rig Veda 9.14.1); Tritala- a vehicle consisting of three stories. (Rig Veda 3.14.1); Trichakra Ratha – a three-wheeled vehicle designed to operate in the air. (Rig Veda 4.36.1); Vaayu Ratha- a gas or wind-powered chariot. (Rig Veda 5.41.6); Vidyut Ratha- a vehicle that operates on power. (Rig Veda 3.14.1).”

scienceinvedas.wordpress.com...

The Ramayana:
it describes a Vimana as a double-deck, cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome.

www.scribd.com...

The Mahabharata:

“"Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas."

www.templeforex.com...

[edit on 3/12/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

thanks for the great links....can't wait to look into them!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It would certainly explain some of the"ancient" maps.

Where did the knowledge of coastlines come from in the Piri Reis map?

How were the coastlines mapped so accurately?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Those are depictions of the vehicles of the Anunnaki, those whom created Humans out of a combination of their DNA and that of Homo Erectus. They had technology that was slightly ahead of what we have now when they first came here, 450,000 years ago. It took us thousands of years after the Deluge to advance to anywhere near their level. It will be interesting to find out what they think of us the next time Nibiru approaches.

I lol'd

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't think that it is hard to imagine that some rogue visionaries throughout history may have understood aerodynamics and built gliders, kites, etc. but the problem with powered flight than wouldn't be the aircraft but the engine(s). I doubt ancient people had the technology to manufacture internal combustion engines...but I know someone will propose an alternative energy source, I'm not new around here.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Baghdad Battery, Baghdad Battery!

And the Baigong Pipes were for gasoline and natural gas.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hiya Smyleegrl, the glider in the OP is known as the Saqarra Bird, and was found in a tomb in Saquarra. It's been seized upon by the Von Danikens and fringe sites to suggest that an ancient lost technology was at play. Ultimately, they want folk to believe that a 'lost race' is responsible for the wonders of the ancient world.

The Bird is described in terms of wonder...'perfect swept wings,' 'exact angles' and ideal lift etc. The vertical tail is 'clearly' missing the cross section. IIRC They claim it's been tested and glided for several hundred yards. Then they offer incredulity that it's stored alongside other animal carvings...adding dark words about 'science hiding the truth.'

In fact the bird is indeed a bird. The paint is fading, but an eye is still visible on one side. Can it fly? Not at all. Replicas were built and tested in a wind tunnel. It's center of gravity makes it top heavy and causes it to hit the deck with a nose dive. It was repeatedly tested with ballasts added and varying changes to the tail section.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Definitely. The evidence you've posted probably are just a small amount of the devices actually out there or used by civilisations.

I do believe there were more advanced civilisations that our present suituation, who definitely were able to build things just as shown by smyleegrl.

Another example is the Vimanas. They haven't exactly been found but the detail described of them seems to be quite realistic. Wasn't there something to do with the disks in Japanese?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You have your "facts" a bit crossed mate. The Annunaki did not use Homo Erectus DNA, they used dinosaur DNA and the deed was not done 450,000 years, it was done 450,000,000 years ago (yes, the Annunaki created the dinosaurs as well. While at it, they create the Moon, the Sun and parts of the Andromeda Galaxy, this is where Nibiru is coming from and that is why it is taking it so long to reach us!). Prove me wrong!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join