It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slashing the UK Budget Deficit - Where could, should and will the Tories cut?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Oh thanks very much for respecting me as a voter
. The Liberal Democrats may not have had any experience in Government, but neither have much of the Tory shadow cabinet, i.e Cameron and George Osbourne.

Yes the Liberal Democrats will not win the election, but with the very real possibility of a Hung Parliament a coalition may be the only way to govern along with a minority government. Therefore the Liberals could be the kingmakers, and will make the implementation of some of their policies as part of a deal for supporting either the Conservative or Labour.

The Conservatives would slash as much as they could in relation to helping the poor. Inner City projects, Probationary Sevices, University fees will all see massive changes under the Tories. No doubt Labour and the Liberals will also have to cut.

The difference in where and how much the cuts will be is based in the ideology of the Parties. Labour,historically, have always represented the 'Working-Class' and the Liberals with their ideas about a free and fair society, both these parties represent the people of the U.K a whole lot more than the Tories.

The Conservative Ideology has always been about leaving the economy to the invisible hand of the free market. It is not a misconception that a lot of Tory polices in the 80's, 90's were directed towards helping the rich, I.E The City. Labour continued this under Blair/Brown and 'New Labour'.

Cameron talks about its time for a change. Re-electing the Conservatives is not a change. A vote for the Liberals is. The Liberal Democrats policies are broadly in line with the old liberal party which used to be in government all the time back in the early 20th century and late 19th.

Party Political Broadcast over.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join