It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which would you rather have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So my current affliction...I think it's ATS flu...god the aches, pains, nausea, sore throat and fever...exhausted....

so it brought up a conversation I was having with my wife once so I bring the poll to you

Which would you rather have?

The cold or the flu?

My wife and I were thinking and we both disagree but we've agreed on the pros and the cons

I say I'd rather have a cold because a cold doesn't carry with it the nausea and body aches and high fever (I cannot being to tell you how much I hate throwing up)

She says she'd rather have the flu because the flu tends to be severe but dissapears in a few days. She hates the mucusy feeling in her throat and can't breathe.

So tell me BTS...you gotta have one...what's it gonna be?

Just for Asala! When I say flu I mean the typical 'flu' with the exhaustion, body aches and nausea not full influenza

My vote is Cold

Cold: 6
Flu: 0

-Kyo

[edit on 12-3-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Of course I vote for cold! I only get sore throat and running nose and perhaps some headaches. I wont be

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Most often people confuse Flu with a cold, I really believe that if you have suffered a "Real" flu then you would never want it! and would want a cold instead,

A cold you can treat and take things to help ease it, A Flu floors you and cant really get on with anything,

IMO

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

I vote for cold!

Personal Disclosure: Colds for me are so much easier to handle.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ugh I have had flu before and it was the worst thing ever!

I haven't been ill for a while now and I am so glad!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

What about the deadliest of them all........The Man Flu!!

.....The flu sucks!

I'd definitely rather have the cold.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Most often people confuse Flu with a cold, I really believe that if you have suffered a "Real" flu then you would never want it! and would want a cold instead,

A cold you can treat and take things to help ease it, A Flu floors you and cant really get on with anything,

IMO

You are probably right...I should specify by saying the 'flu' not influenza

Man Asala walks in and ruins me already! :-p

Ok folks when I say flu I mean the nausea, body aches and blah blah

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm going to say flu, because:

1. It's over (for me) in about two days (colds tend to last for a week or more)
2. I can stay home from work for a couple of days (nobody wants you there when you have the flu, with a cold, I'm going in)
3. I tend to feel FANTASTIC right when I'm over the flu, whereas when I get a cold, it's more of a gradual feeling better.
4. I tend to lose weight (and save money) during the flu, as I don't eat anything (just drink LOTS of fluids and soup)...

That said though, I don't usually get sick like that, except maybe once a year...(but when I do, I'm a typical guy, and feel like I'm dying, and want my wife to wait on me hand and foot).....(hey, she's out of it a LOT more often than I am, and I do for her...so it's only fair...
)

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think I would rather have the flu. Because its over quicker and I hate stuffy noses. I cant breath. And I like breathing. Alot.

So my vote is definetly for the flu. Although I very rarely get sick.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, since I am the mysterious wife in question, you know my vote. Give me flu any day. I can legitimately stay home from work, sleep all day, and not do anything without people giving me dirty looks for being lazy. It is also over much quicker, and I can sleep instead of hacking up a lung all night.

top topics

join