It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass fires in south Wales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I really didn't know where to put this but yesterday there was a large grass fire where I live and according to the news there were at least 5 others in an area covering let's say 20 miles . There was also a spat of fires last week covering the same area too, namely the south Wales valleys area.

Sometimes these fires happen in the summer and usually are started by kids or landowners performing not so controlled burns.

That thing that is unusual to me is that at the moment where I live the temperature is barely above freezing in the afternoons so I don't think the sun played any part in it.

So it could be vandals but I'm confused by how many fires are starting at different places, it's not like they are in eyesight of each other so either it's a big coincidence or these vandals are somehow incredibly coordinated.

I'm not really suggesting there is something unusual going on but I'm having a hard time working out how they are happening simultaneously in different places without being some kind of organised effort but would young people really be organising mass grass fires between themselves?

This is not an area where fires start naturally, they do happen in the summer sometimes as I said before but they are usually spread out and random.

Here is a photo I took last night, the fire is out now and has left a black scar on the hill/mountainside:

I'll have to keep an eye on this as we have a couple of horsies not too far away.

It's in an area that's hard for fire fighters to reach and they are currently trying to beat it out but it's so high up on the mountainside that the wind is fanning the flames.

I don't know how it started but it's usually either kids or land owners who tend to have an alternative method of performing a controlled burn ie: start the fire and let someone else put it out.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That is strange man, at this time of year the grass is still getting over the very wet winter, if i tried to set alight the grass in my garden i wouldn't get anywhere its to wet, the only thing i can think of is that wild grass has long stems an it drys quickly in the wind!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

Yes, I know what you mean. But, we've also had clear skys in my area. And not much rain.
But my oppinion is that its just a bunch of fire-bugs, coordinating some arson on the grasslands, to stretch the firebrigades resources.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

PS do yea think you will beet us in the match tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It probably is kids but even so, over 100 fires reported in the past week according to the BBC

Someone has been busy!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hot off the press!

Another fire just opposite my house

Photo

It's directly behind the fire station too!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
But what would you possible gain from such actions? except fear i suppose, but its to big a scale to be vandals, what else could this be! farmers dont burn in march? so what does that leave us only the sun!
the sun is changing! its more white in colour than when i was a lad, it was yellow! maybe the cemiltrails are dimming the sun to prevent the suns blasts from doing princely this, just trowing in some ideas here, we'r living in strange time's now an the unusual has become the usual,Peace..

[edit on 12-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Aah ha, guess that questions been answerd. Our line-outs and... Well, all our game has been down the toilet this year.
And hopefully Wales can redeem their selfs against Italy... I hope!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Another one happening right now, much bigger, it's really windy and the whole valley is smoked out. Kinda worried because we have two horses that are quite close.

You can see some of the smoke here :

Webcam

I'll share more later!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We saw another one get started in front of our very eyes, the kids even posed for the camera the little so and so's!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman
We saw another one get started in front of our very eyes, the kids even posed for the camera the little so and so's!

Now if I was a cop i just might think there maybe getting on the band wagon, however if there responsible for all the fires that's a very serious matter an should be dealt with accordingly!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

farm3.static.flickr.com...

farm5.static.flickr.com...

Man that's heavy ! send the photos by email to the Police! ps did the hoodies see you with the camera? i counted 11 of them!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

farm5.static.flickr.com...

Man that's heavy ! send the photos by email to the Police! ps did the hoodies see you with the camera? i counted 11 of them!

Oh yeah they saw me!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

Maybe they are worshiping the fire goddess. You can see her clearly in the photo. Kinda looks like an Easter Island Aku. Maybe you can move this to the paranormal thread. They would love it!

top topics

join