It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle Elephant Baby Beats the Odds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
news.discovery.com...

Sometimes its nice to read heartwarming news.

An elephant calf that was believed to have died during a nine-day labor is feeding itself and has earned the nickname "Mr. Shuffles" since learning to stand, Taronga Zoo officials said Thursday.

Mr. Shuffles isn't completely out of danger, but things are looking hopefull.

Interesting tidbit:

Other members of Taronga's elephant herd have warmly accepted the calf, and even missed their breakfast on Thursday morning to greet him.

Just another example that animals have more in common with humans than we think.

Have a wonderful Friday!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Lovely story

Yet, the only miracle was the fact of spin doctoring; for a better rating once the media had reported it wrong (for more mileage).
Remember how they had previously (the day before) announced that the baby elephant had died in-utero ?

Media make me sick at the best of times.

OOOpppssss......can i say that on here

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Remember how they had previously (the day before) announced that the baby elephant had died in-utero ?
reply to post by KRISKALI777

According to the article, the baby went into a coma and was showing no vital signs. I suppose that is why they thought he was dead.

Regardless, it is a nice way to start the Friday. Have a great one!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I saw this story yesterday there is also a you tube video

The Baby is named Mr. Shuffles, he is simply awesome
I read the article he has already started shuffling on his own and started mingling with other elephant herds. Other elephants have caressed it lightly with their trunks. !!! So beautiful.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Yes it is a nice story. I like elephants, especially baby ones. there is another that Taronga Zoo recently got from Thailand; hes name is Lok Chai.':up
My comment is the fact that I am suspicious as to the regularity that I have seen\heard the Mr.Shuffles story on the Australian Media today.
I think they do this to cover for something\s they are not telling- or its a space filler, getting people to feel good, is rarely their agenda.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
What a heartwarming thread! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Did you say there was another video, a YouTube? Do you happen to have a pointer?

I must say, that adult elephant in the video seems very comfortable with the way the humand are handling the baby. There must be a lot of trust there.

top topics

join