It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when the hell are things going to get better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is it me or has it been a decade or two since we have had some good news? what the hell is going on? all i see on ATS is the end is at hand .... again.... this week. seriously what the hell. America is about to fall!!!!!!................. again..... NEXT WEEK.....

to all the chicken little's out there STFU!!! unless you are holding the execute orders in your hands STFU. enough with all the garbage and fear mongering i want change just as much as the next guy im sick of coming to this site and seeing the stupidest posts making the top stories. Whats going on here has this site turned from factual topic discussion to fringe tabloid debates about hearsay and rumors?

Dam it i need a beer.

thank god for rant

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Good news is where you find it..seek it out..stop focusing on the negative.

Better yet, eliminate most media from your life..

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

god the 6 o clock news is a joke of the highest caliber. here in Australia the very first news story was about a sports players private life. and if he is going to break off his engagement with his fiance.. the news casters must be on crack if they think that is legitimate news. i agree that good news is where you find it but its also hard to ignore it when they play it non stop on the radio and tv.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Good news is where you find it..seek it out..stop focusing on the negative.

Better yet, eliminate most media from your life..

HIYOOOOOO!

AD nails it coming right out the chute!

I would like to mirror said opinion

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is an old saying in the news business:

If it bleeds, it leads.

All the good news programs have failed miserably as people get bored with them awfully quick.

One just has to know where to look for good news.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

My friend, all I can say is that all the world's news organizations would never get any viewers with positive stories. That's why (just my opinion) it's all garbage TV. B/c crap sells. We humans are more drawn to the negative crappola. I think we're psychologically drawn to the negative than the positive.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ATS members are subject to the very media they rail against. And they let the media outlets sell them only bad news.

A woman rescuing 500 cats and dogs and finding them homes doesn't make news.

Which is why I started this thread:
shameless thread pimp

Feel free to add, I love all the stories I got.

That is why I like to listen to NPR in the morning. They stick in neutral, cute or funny and interesting stories among the news, so it isn't all depressing, and it does make a difference in how you perceive things.

This morning was, the Queen of England is selling a Jaguar that anyone can buy, complete with special material on the seat for corgies. Just fun stuff.

One day they cracked me up with a story about a penguin with a rare genetic disorder that kept him from growing feathers. IN the summertime the zoo just kept him indoors from getting sunburned. But this year, he was a father and had to take care of eggs so they couldnt' keep him in side. So the zoo designed him a little wetsuit.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well, I try to be an optimist .It serves no purpose in life drinking the vinegar instead of the wine.

The best a person can do is ignore what is happening.

Watch small children play.Wander the wonderful world of your neighborhood and notice the things in nature.

Animals are great for up lifting your spirits.

Visit these sites.

Need some good news?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

That seems incredibly foolish. I actually really despise people with this type of mentality. It perpetuates ignorance, which is the sole reason the world is as messed up as it is. You sir are enabling the insanity of this world with that outlook.

Optimists are just as foolish as pessimists. Best to call a spade a spade, and be a realist. Screw the vinegar & wine, I'm well nourished off the truth.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I will start getting better next week.

Foooo suree!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by Oneolddude

That seems incredibly foolish. I actually really despise people with this type of mentality. It perpetuates ignorance, which is the sole reason the world is as messed up as it is. You sir are enabling the insanity of this world with that outlook.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by unityemissions]

I agree and disagree. Ignoring everything is bad. But ignorning some things is actually good.
Because reacting to some situations can make the situation a 100 times worse.
You could also say the world is messed up because people don't know when to ignore something or not make a big deal out of it. People are WAY to serious in this world. Which is one of the main problems. Most people need to chill and learn to move on.

Being aware and knowing when not to ignore something is what is best. So balance is key.

Peace.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Agree. I just tend to get riled up when someone puts it so simply as, "just ignore it all". Idiots are everywhere worrying over mundane, meaningless issues. Their are numerous issues that need to be adressed, ASAP, that truly effect us all. So balance is needed. People need to figure out what truly matters. If you think your family is of value to you, it would be best not to simply ignore all the issues. Don't fret over the little things, but don't be too quick to shy away from serious concerns either..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yes very true.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join