It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes and Ladders ... a lesson in life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by XXXN3O

Why call yourself a Christian though?

Its the world that calls me and others Christian, this could mean a tonne of different things these days. I am a Christian yes, but that does not tell anything specific about beliefs.

I am part of the Church which is the body of Christ. Not to be confused with the Church of bricks as the world would tell you.

In Christianity today, there are an incredible amount of different belief systems to the point that the confusion would make your nose bleed...

en.wikipedia.org...

I decided for various reasons to check the authenticity of the bible itself in comparison to the beliefs using this project here...

www.codexsinaiticus.org...

Codex Sinaiticus

Codex Sinaiticus is one of the most important books in the world. Handwritten well over 1600 years ago, the manuscript contains the Christian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament. Its heavily corrected text is of outstanding importance for the history of the Bible and the manuscript – the oldest substantial book to survive Antiquity – is of supreme importance for the history of the book

I checked each passages promises against this bible and came to the conclusions I did because of that. There is a tonne of false teachings happening right now, that was my way of checking what is true when I did not have what I now have to check.

I dont know where people get the idea that you cannot learn from different sources? I have a brain like anyone else, I learn all the time from various sources, the only thing I stay away from is the occult because I know how damaging it can be.

I also used to work as a scientist in cell culture and virology. I used to be very strong in my belief that science works but that was shattered when I was asked to manipulate results to ensure that a particular trial went a certain way. Anything that is an experiment with investors has this pressure because the investors want a specific result. I do not rely heavily on science itself because of experience.

There are people who do not need to check as well, they believe through faith. That is something I could not do at first and pure belief is a complete blessing in my eyes now. You must believe to see, seeing is not believing, believing is seeing.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think we're on the same page.

PLAY SNAKES & LADDERS ONLINE

AZ!!:.

<< 1   >>

join