It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Exempt From Naked Body Scanners

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
All I hear is the religious issues about the body being exposed. I can understand that but more importantly HOW MUCH RADAIATION does this machine put out. This should be of higher concern.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansuzrune

You're right! That's a HUMAN issue that concerns everyone!

Good point!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Will a pat-down detect a cigar tube of PETN in someones rectum?
How safe would you feel if the scanner was idle while everyone was just getting pat-downs instead?

If the point of the scanners is absolute certainty of someone being "clean" of dangerous objects, I say to hell with your "religious beliefs" and that nobody can exempt. Oh you can refuse, but not if you want to fly. You can't wave the constitution to demand to endanger everyone else

I'm not putting down religious beliefs, but it's pretty simple, assholes keep trying to blow things up, so we have to be certain you are not one of those assholes.

Installing the expensive machines with the option to bypass them is like setting your firewall to allow all *.com to connect to your computer...will you really be surprised if you get hacked/virus from someone you allowed to bypass your security?

Plus, if its common knowledge that you can refuse a scan and just get a pat-down, guess what the guy with the tube of PETN is gonna do? Get a pat-down, board the plane, BOOM you all die, but its okay because he wasn't ethnic or religious profiled which is obviously more important than keeping everyone safe...Tell that to the victims families

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
We're all exempt from unreasonable searches by a government agency (the TSA). It's in the Constitution.

Which Constitution are you referring to?
a. the "living breathing document" or
b. the contract for limited government

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Whenever I first saw this posting I knew it would garner many interesting postings, because it’s such a good topic to discuss.

When the elected representatives that we pay to represent us, come out with such insane policies it only proves what I have suspected for some time. Stupid is as stupid does. Thank you Forrest Gump.

If we were for example to see day in and day out on all the TV’s, reports of Clowns blowing themselves up or attacking Americans while wearing Clown outfits and if we saw Clowns killing, scheming and using violence to attack Americans, then sooner or later someone using logic should conclude that whenever we see a Clown in public, there exists a higher probability that something will happen because all attacks have come from Clowns.

Clowns as a uniform worn by those committed to killing Americans would eventually become what we the public should be on the look out for. Clowns would be what describes the threat that endangers the public. Clowns would equal a threat and with enough historical evidence to conclude that Clowns kill, we would be correct to act accordingly when in the presence of Clowns.

Clowns blowing themselves up on board a jet liner and Clowns everywhere killing Americans would then logically justify the fear of Clowns as being prone to killing Americans and blowing themselves up whenever in close proximity to Americans.

Well, by these same standards we should be addressing the Muslims and not the majority of public. We should not target 98% of the American population when only Muslims are responsible for all the killing. With no political correctness intended, this type of foolish disregard for what is logical is going to get a lot of Americans killed unless we begin treating Clowns like the killers they seek to be. Not until we see Clowns as the threat will we be truly doing something to protect the public. What we have today is political correctness gone insane.

We can do better and the sooner the better before more innocent American victims die. Thanks for the posting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join